Many weddings adhere to tradition, with a big church wedding, a white gown and a bustling reception.
Still, there are some couples who prefer to do something a bit unique and unconventional. They may choose to get married underwater or while skydiving.
If a “creative” wedding is for you, here are some ideas to think about.
- Prison wedding: A visit to an abandoned prison or haunted location may appeal to the couple with a taste for the macabre.
- Skydiving: The concept of taking the plunge takes on an entirely new meaning when jumping out of a plane at several thousand feet while reciting vows.
- Wedding of the “Stars”: Trekkies may want to recite vows while dressed in costume and speaking native Klingon, while Star Wars fans may want to do so with Storm Troopers attending the festivities.
- Mountain climbing: Couples can reach new heights while scaling a mountainside and saying their “I dos.”
- Life in the fast lane: Couples who are NASCAR fans can recite their vows and then take a spin at 200 mph around a neighborhood track.
- Amused festivities: Some couples might prefer to get hitched while enjoying the ups and downs of their favorite roller coaster or other amusement park rides.
- Scuba diving: Some couples prefer to recite their vows with a few bubbles in between and marine life as their witnesses.