Let’s recap recent events. In Nov. of 2013, the Obama administration brags about the best hiring quarter. The problem: 41 percent of the 203,000 hired were government new hires. That’s over 83,000 more people the private sector must support.
The Congressional Budget Office gives a report that, because of obamacare, over 2.5 million full-time jobs will be lost in the next 10 years. During the State of the Union address for the greatest nation on earth, what was the president’s big idea? Minimum wage hikes. What a visionary, eh?
He has a plan for 2.8 percent of our population, which leaves 97.2 percent of us thankfully out of his sights. Does he care about that 2.8 percent? No — but he does care for all the union workers whose base pay is tied to the minimum wage who will get a raise if this is passed. And according to the CBO, anywhere from 500,000 to 1 million entry jobs will be lost.
Then, his majesty flies into our state and makes a speech to the drought ridden central valley preaching “shared sacrifice,” and more on the lie of global warming. He then sets off in his jet to have two days of golf at private billionaires courses, which reportedly use 1 million gallons of water a day at each course while his wife and kids, not to be outdone, spend a weekend skiing in Aspen while closing down all airspace traffic. Yeah, that shared sacrifice must be a killer for these two.
But, not to worry! We’re now told from on high that losing your job or being forced into part-time is now considered “liberating.” And we now have the “freedom” of “mobility” to be with our families more and be creative, like writing poetry or being an artist, for we’re no longer locked into a job.
So all the hardships my mom told me the family went through in the 1930’s was really a blessing for more family time and creativity while standing in the bread lines. Who knew? Ain’t socialism great!