Why so little coverage of the DNC

Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:00 pm

The Lodi News-Sentinel editorial staff should be ashamed of themselves. Not one word about the Democratic National Convention in Wednesday's paper.

Another example of Marty Weybret's bias to the right-wing Republicans of Lodi. There are still some loyal Democrats in Lodi. I was born in Lodi and lived here most of my life, and I am proud to proclaim myself as a left-wing Liberal.

Folks in Lodi need to worry about the course this country is on and not just their pocketbooks!

Frank Caruso

Lodi

• posted at 6:36 pm on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

Leonard, if Craig does sneak into the Dems convention, it's because he KNOWS there will be a lot of action there.

• posted at 3:25 pm on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

Jason J - I didn't mean to suggest that you were lying; really I didn't. Just based upon what you stated I find it difficult to believe that this was the sole reason for removing anyone's post. That is why I suggested that you contact the LNS to verify as to why something that you wrote was removed. I certainly can't remember what you wrote. Perhaps a mistake was made - either on their part or yours. Wouldn't you like to know for sure what happened before assuming the worst of their motives?

• posted at 2:16 pm on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

lodisafeway, I have no reason to lie about my post getting deleted. Life is too short to lie. Im not going to contact Andrew because I simply reposted my comment leaving the word "McCan't" out of it.

• posted at 1:34 pm on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

What I meant by pocketbooks is that Conservative Republicans are always whining about cutting spending but it is okay to them to spend 10 billion dollars a month not mention lives of too many brave Americans for an unnecessary war. I am not bitter about anything, and I love my country as much as any conservative. I just have a different philosophy for the future of our country. By the way I am 58 years old and do spring 50 cents for the Chronicle. And do not worry my grip is just fine.

• posted at 12:23 pm on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

Jason - are you absolutely certain that was the only reason why your post was removed? In light of the other much more offensive remarks left on these boards I find that difficult to believe. Did you happen to send a message to the editor to inquire as to exactly why your post had been deleted? Or did they send you one explaining what had happened?

• posted at 9:51 am on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

lodisafeway, I said what I said becuase last night I made a positive about Obama and simply referred to McCain as McCan't! My post was deleted for that! Yet it's oaky for people on here to crack jokes about Obama's name?? Hmm, enough said!

• posted at 9:24 am on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

How could it possibly be offensive to say that Republican Senator Larry Craig solicits men for sex in airport restrooms when Republican Senator Larry Craig admitted that he solicits men for sex in airport restrooms in open court?

• posted at 8:24 am on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

Is that right Jason? Look at the post directly prior to the one where you claim the LNS is biased. Clearly, the intent of that post was not aimed at any Democrat or liberal; yet there it is.I think they (the LNS monitors) are exceedingly generous in what they allow to remain on these boards. Thankfully it isn't up to me to make those determinations because I would not be as tolerant - for either side (liberal or conservative).

• posted at 7:04 am on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

LNS is known to be biased. If I post something good about McCain then it wont get deleted; however, if I post something good about Obama it gets deleted because Andrew Adams thinks it's a "personal insult." This is why Lodi is still in pre-historic times! Change comes slow here!

• posted at 4:34 am on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

Leonard, I think it was Sen. "Wide Stance" Craig who snuck into the DNC. LOL! True bi-partisanship!

• posted at 2:47 am on Fri, Aug 29, 2008.

Why spend a lot of time and effort on an orchestrated, choreagraphed "shuck n jive" show. Skip them both.

• posted at 2:43 pm on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Bob, sometimes I just like to get the ball a rollin.

• posted at 9:56 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

wtf wrote on Aug 28, 2008 2:42 PM:" Top Ten Democratic National Convention Pickup Lines Late Show - Dave Letterman 2. Wanna pretend we're Republicans and have gay bathroom sex?Was that really Democrats or was Senator Craig one of those Republicans that has been infiltrating the Convention?

• posted at 9:42 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Top Ten Democratic National Convention Pickup Lines Late Show - Dave Letterman 10. Wanna form a more perfect union? 9. Something's rising and it's not the national debt 8. I'm stiffer than John Kerry 7. Let's go someplace and release our delegates 6. Care to join the wife and me for a little "bipartisanship?" 5. I'll make you scream like Howard Dean 4. Now that's what I call a stimulus package 3. I'm gonna Barack your world 2. Wanna pretend we're Republicans and have gay bathroom sex? 1. Hi, I'm John Edwards

• posted at 9:04 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Without a doubt you will get all the leftist news from a San Francisco paper you can handle. The big question is, other than some cable stations, like CNN and of course everyone watches C-Span, it was put on Channel 6 the liberal Public TV station,why? All the major networks didn`t put the Demo`s convention on in prime time, evidently no big sponsors. Always have in the past. The convention made it on the 10 and 11 o`clock news in bits and pieces. If the Demo`s convention was on in prime time on a major network, I`m glad there is the History Channel and old re-runs of Law and Order.

• posted at 6:21 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

I agree, Leonard.

• posted at 6:21 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Let's wait and see if there is coverage of the RNC in the LNS. Then we can talk.

• posted at 6:05 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

I'm with Cogito on this one. The LNS is a local paper.Now, if they run a full page spread on the Republican Convention, we will have something to talk about.That said, LNS coverage of local politics has been notoriously biased towards the GOP. A good example of this is their coverage of the primary races for Assembly this year. Each of the GOP candidates received an entire article describing their background and qualifications while Ms Huber, who grew up right there in Lodi, was crammed into a single short article along with the other Democrat contestants.

• posted at 5:25 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Sometimes it's refreshing to simply tell it like it is. Cogito, like many others is simply stating something that is true - and not attempting to pull his punches this time.Any San Francisco newspaper will not give its readers the full story. If they rely upon those rags alone, they'll be left believing that the world will indeed end tomorrow; the result of which would be mass hysteria. "Nutbags" sums them up rather well.

• posted at 5:14 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Cogito, was the milk sour in your Wheaties today? You're awfully cranky. "nutbags?" Really? You sound like the typical right wingnuts on these blogs. Usually we get something more intelligent from you.

• posted at 5:10 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Now that's interesting, Mr. Caruso. Since the economy has taken front and center during this election (an actual war has been relegated to third or fourth position), why shouldn't Lodians as well be moaning and groaning along with the rest of the nation? To hear the Democrats describe conditions from sea to shining sea, the majority of Americans are finishing the paperwork for bankruptcy - and the responsibility belongs to President Bush.All kidding aside, I have no idea why the subject of our pocketbooks was included in your letter. You still had plenty of words left to explain that. Senior moment?Also, you are but one of a very few Democrats who actually seem to feel comfortable describing yourself as a liberal. Even to most folks on the left, the "L" word is held in reserve. And I can certainly understand why.

• posted at 4:19 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Mr. Caruso: It will be interesting to see how the RNC is covered by the LNS.

• posted at 2:33 am on Thu, Aug 28, 2008.

Frank, dig 50 cents out of your pocket and go buy a San Francisco Chronicle or a Sacramento Bee. You'll get all the leftist nutbag point of view you want right there. Then you can sit there and wring your hands in your liberal bitterness all you want. The LNS is a local paper that covers local news. There's no conspiracy, get a grip.