Lodinews.com

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Don’t change presidential horses midstream

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:00 am | Updated: 6:26 am, Sat Nov 3, 2012.

I don't care for the cheap shots (personal opinion not grounded in fact) taken at President Obama and Vice President Biden. They won the 2008 election fair and square, and stepped into the White House fully committed to help get this country back on its feet.

Let's not forget that after eight years of the Republican Bush-Cheney Administration, the USA had found itself in two major wars, a crippled economy, banks shutting down, the auto industry at a stand-still, the house building industry dead, millions of people were losing their jobs and homes to foreclosure, and the federal government surplus had turned into a huge deficit snowballing out of control.

President Obama, his administration and Congress had to take drastic steps to keep our country from coming to a grinding halt. Yes, the American taxpayers are paying a heavy price for bailing out our banks and auto industry, a new health care system, green energy incentives, education costs, two wars to pay for and a host of many other expenses. Nothing is cheap or free.

The investment is paying off; our economy didn't collapse and has slowly improved over the past four years. It would be unrealistic to think that all the problems caused by the Bush-Cheney administration would go away overnight. People criticizing Obama and Biden should not lose sight of this fact.

The state of our country certainly is better now than it was four years ago. Our banking system is stable, the auto industry is improving steadily, green energy is taking off, justice has been served to bin Laden and other terrorists, we've withdrawn our troops from Iraq and we have a withdrawal date from Afghanistan in 2014. Obama's diplomacy at home and abroad as a wise and strong leader has been shown throughout his presidency.

There are no magical quick cures for fixing the troubled state of our union. Only the wise, steady, balanced leadership of Obama, Biden and cabinet will continue to improve all constituents and segments of the United States of America.

I say, "Don't change horses in the middle of the streams." Vote for incumbent President Obama.

John Minnehan

Lodi

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don’t pretend you’re someone else.)
  • 2 Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually oriented language.
  • 3 Don’t threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
  • 4 Be truthful. Don't lie about anyone or anything. Don't post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
  • 5 Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 6 Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don’t insult each other.
  • 7 Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the ‘Report’ link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 8 Share what you know, and ask about what you don't.
  • 9 Don’t be a troll.
  • 10 Don’t reveal personal information about other commenters. You may reveal your own personal information, but we advise you not to do so.
  • 11 We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we believe violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.

Welcome to the discussion.

105 comments:

  • John Lucas posted at 5:19 am on Tue, Nov 6, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    He will be back. This place is an addiction for him.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 5:18 am on Tue, Nov 6, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Not true for Liberals but certainly true in your case

     
  • John Lucas posted at 5:17 am on Tue, Nov 6, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    People who are for Obama do not want to go back to the policies and ideas that nearly destroyed the economy in 2008. You know, Joe, the policies you endorse.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 11:29 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Thanks for sharing Brian. I hope you'll tune in tomorrow. [smile]

    http://www.infowars.com/infowars-covers-puppet-election-live/

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 9:17 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    http://www.prisonplanet.com/threats-to-riot-by-obama-supporters-reach-crescendo.html

    Threats to Riot by Obama Supporters Reach Crescendo

    Violent rhetoric being stoked by left-wing media figures

    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet.com
    November 5, 2012

    After weeks of threats by Obama supporters on Twitter to riot if Mitt Romney wins the presidential election, a modicum of media attention on the issue has done little to dampen the enthusiasm for mayhem, with the social network today being overwhelmed with more threats to riot.

    Indeed, a rough estimation of tweets suggests that about two dozen threats to riot if Obama loses are being published on Twitter every hour.

    The tweets below were all sent out within the same one hour time period this morning.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 6:16 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    [thumbup]

     
  • Walter Chang posted at 5:21 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Walt Posts: 1158

    "Spend your time on our site Darrell"

    Andrew, this is a good idea.

    You guys could showcase him. Perhaps a gig as a featured "Retrogressive" blogger?

    He fans would follow him.

    Immediately your website would see a dramatic increase in traffic.

    Think big!!


     
  • Walter Chang posted at 4:56 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Walt Posts: 1158

    "Take care all"

    Jerry, I'm Flabbergasted!!

    [beam]

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 4:54 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    I was able to read Darrell's post this A.M. before the LNS deleted it.

    It was completely benign.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 4:49 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Which "policies" are you referring to Eric?

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 4:47 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    A comedian in every crowd. The only thing that Obama did that worked was the Cash for Clunkers. It took thousands of Obama/Biden bumper stickers off of the road.

     
  • Walter Chang posted at 4:35 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Walt Posts: 1158

    "inexplicable manner"


    [lol]

     
  • Eric Barrow posted at 4:17 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Eric Barrow Posts: 1583

    Could it be true is Darrell really leaving us?

     
  • Eric Barrow posted at 4:16 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Eric Barrow Posts: 1583

    I support Obama in part because I think his policies are working.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 3:41 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Nobody in this country thinks right now the economy’s working. That’s not why Obama’s supporters support him. It’s not because his ideas are working. They support him, A, because he’s a Democrat; B, because he’s a liberal; C, because they hate conservatives; D, because they hate Republicans; E, because they think everybody else owes them the something. But they don’t they don’t support Obama because they think his stuff is working.”

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 2:04 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Below is one of the many lies libtards choose to ignore...

    http://youtu.be/CCN5-ovvFL0

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 1:51 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    And most Liberals on this thread.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 1:48 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Promise?

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 1:18 pm on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Or don't!

    Adios! Adieu! Arrivederci! Auf Wiedersehen! Viszlát! Sayonara! Khodaa haafez! Zai jian! Shalom!

    Goodbye!!!

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 10:12 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Mr. Lucas wrote: Are you saying that Mr Romney is not a liar? Are you not going to vote for a liar Tuesday? Conservative Republicans cannot win the battle of ideas. There only advantage is they will say or do anything to win. Mr Romney is the perfect example and your reaction to his lies proves my point."

    Heard an interesting line yesterday, "I can trust a cynic and a con man, but I can't trust a hypocrite - because the hypocrite doesn't even know when they are lying."

    Sounds a lot like Willard Mitt Romney.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 8:29 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Spend your time on our site Darrell. [beam]

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 8:11 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    I sincerely appreciate LNS and its right to delete comments as they see fit. Unfortunately, they have started to delete comments in an inexplicable manner.

    Time to seek alternate publications. Take care all![rolleyes]

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 8:03 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Obama supporters are delusional sheeplike zombies...[sleeping]

    1.) The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as August 4, 1961. It indicates that Barack Hussein Obama was his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and that Obama's father was born in "Kenya, East Africa ".

    This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. How could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist?

    2.) On the birth certificate released by the White House, thelisted place of birth is "Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital".

    This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. How can this particular name of the hospital be on a birth certificate dated 1961 if this name had not yet been applied to it until 1978?

    3.) Barack Obama’s “birth certificate” says his father was 25 years old in 1961 when he was born. That should have put his father’s date of birth approximately 1936.

    WW II was basically between 1939 and 1945... Just how many 3 year olds fight in world wars? Even in the later stages of WW II his father wouldn’t have been more than 9.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 6:20 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Darrell said:

    Romney is not a liar.

    Mitt Romney has constantly lied over a period of time. He has done shamelessly. There is something called objective truth. You share with Mitt Romney a disregard for it. As to going right over my head, your explanation only makes sense to those living a bubble. I do not live in one.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 5:41 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    right over his head.... how predictable.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 3:11 am on Mon, Nov 5, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Again, thank you for proving my point.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 10:34 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    "If what you are saying is true ( and I do not think that it is)"

    WHAT? I simply provided 65 lies straight from Obama's own mouth. [sleeping]

    YOUR inability to "own up to" Obama's lies is what makes YOU a bubble person Mr. Lucas. [lol][lol][lol]

     
  • John Lucas posted at 9:11 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Does your inability to present a cogent argument make a difference? Take you-tube nonsense to someone who is interested. This argument is about the proven fact that Mitt Romney is a liar and how none of the Conservative Republican bubble people will own up to it. If what you are saying is true ( and I do not think that it is) what difference does it make in the present argument. I will now go back to putting you on ignore for you bore me.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 8:46 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Does your inability to aknowledge the following 65 lies made by President Obama not indicate cult like behavior?
    [lol]

    http://youtu.be/kg9m1F8B2_c

     
  • John Lucas posted at 8:35 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Darrell said:

    Of course he is not a liar. He is much more truthful than Obama.

    Sorry Mr. Lucas... there is no meaningful point to you

    This ability to believe what is obviously not true is classic cult like behavior. What is fascinating is exactly when did Darrell lose his ability to think logically? How many hours of listening to conservative propaganda put out by Fox News, Rush etc did it take to away the ability to differentiate between what is real and what is not? I used to get angry because I thought Darrell was lying when he said what he believed. I thought it was a character issue. I was wrong. He actually believes that Mr Romney is not a liar in spite of all evidence that he is. Those that run the Conservative Republican media are geniuses at taking away a person ability to think logically. I take my hat off to them

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 8:22 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Do you deny the following 65 lies made by President Obama Mr. Lucas?

    http://youtu.be/kg9m1F8B2_c


    If so, what's the name of your cult Mr. Lucas? [lol]

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 7:51 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Sorry Mr. Lucas... there is no meaningful point to you.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 7:47 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    You keep making my point. Only a member of a cult could be in such denial to say the Mitt Romney is not a liar. (1 + 1 = 2) = (Mitt Romney is a liar)


     
  • John Lucas posted at 7:14 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    thanks for making my point.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:33 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr Lucas stated...Are you saying that Mr Romney is not a liar?

    Of course he is not a liar. He is much more truthful than Obama. The real question is why is Mr Lucas so misinformed...

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:20 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Brian stated...I would have never have made such a ridiculous statement had I not had to respond to Mr. Lucas's ridiculous statement.

    I have often stated that I counter aburdity that liberals post by being absurd myself ...sounds like Brian is doing the same in attempting to accentuate how absurd Mr Lucas has become.

    In my view, Brian is doing a good job of staying above the deep well of muck Mr Lucas insists on sinking in.


     
  • John Lucas posted at 5:02 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Are you saying that Mr Romney is not a liar? Are you not going to vote for a liar Tuesday? Conservative Republicans cannot win the battle of ideas. There only advantage is they will say or do anything to win. Mr Romney is the perfect example and your reaction to his lies proves my point.

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 4:39 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Mr. Lucas wrote:

    What is interesting about becoming a Conservative Republican is that the first thing you have to give up is your character. That is a terrible price to pay.

    -What is interesting about becoming a Liberal Democrat is that the first thing you have to give up is your character. That is a terrible price to pay.

    I would have never have made such a ridiculous statement had I not had to respond to Mr. Lucas's ridiculous statement.

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 4:20 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Andrew,

    Yep. DWS is about as meally mouth as they get. And the anger she has. I pray her husband or boyfriend has plenty of patience with her. I wouldn''t put it past her if she were to do a a Lorena Bobbit in the event she doesn't get her way.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 4:16 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Joe baxter said:

    Gotta hand to you Johnny, your sense of humor is just like your ideal of reality. Dry and wrong.

    My remarks were not meant to be funny they are sad because what we are talking about is the most important thing is life which is character.

    You are right about one thing, one of us is disconnected from reality.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 4:10 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Mitt Romney is the perfect representative of the Conservative Republican cult. It is funny how he has changed his positions over the years but what really is interesting is the response of the his bubble followers to his many out and out lies. In his latest lie about Jeep moving jobs to China every fact checker, every newspaper, and even the the heads of Chrysler and GM have come out against his flagrant lying. This is just one of many of his lies. His followers not a peep about it. Emerson said, "You may think you are here to do great things in your life but the only thing you can give God is you character."

    What is interesting about becoming a Conservative Republican is that the first thing you have to give up is your character. That is a terrible price to pay.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 3:52 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Sorry Brian, but it does not.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 3:50 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Better now than in 2008? Yeah, John, you live in the Obama Fairy Tale world. Sad that liberals believe everything they are told to believe and haven't got the ability to question and find out the truth for themselves. MORE people are unemployed than when Obama took office. More people are on welfare, medicaid, food stamps and other entitlements than when Obama took office. Gas is twice as high as when Obama took office. The average family income is less than when Obama took office. Cost of food is up since Obama took office. If that is your idea that "things " are better I suggest you are looking through rose colored glasses and ignoring facts.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 3:26 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    [lol]... Ms. Bobin reminds me of Debbie Wasserman Shultz. Clueless and continually torn to shreds!

    for example... http://youtu.be/8k-KuYJraEg

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 3:10 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    My friend Chelsea found an excellent video I'd like to share... Enjoy libtards!.[lol]

    http://youtu.be/gsa4uLmTw0M

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 3:03 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    As Reagan, who finally figured it out and converted from LIBERAL to conservative said, the "Democrats know a lot, but a lot of what they know just isn't so"

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 3:01 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Liberals = economic glory days = MALARKEY.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 3:00 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Quit running your polluting diesel truck up and down America's highways.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 2:57 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Park your car, turn off your electricity and quit watering your lawn.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 2:54 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Gotta hand to you Johnny, your sense of humor is just like your ideal of reality. Dry and wrong.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 2:51 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    HaHa, love it when LIBERALS whine.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 2:48 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Ms Bobin stated...Sorry to disappoint, Mr. Docktor, but I never watch Rachel Maddow's show for a variety of reasons. Primarily, her voice gets on my husband's nerves because she talks very fast.

    i viewed 5 clips of Ms. Maddow on you tube today just to see if Mr. Docktor was correct about Ms. Bobin's parroting skills.
    I strongly “disagree” with Mr. Docktor. No, it is quite obvious that Ms. Maddow is parroting Ms. Bobin.
    In fact, there are even facial similarities that make me suspicious of who Ms. Bobin actually is.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 2:10 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    never said that Ms Fey...I mean Bobin.... you accused meof not having one single thought outside conservativism... so obviously not true

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 1:56 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Mr. Docktor wrote: Ms. Bobin - "Regarding your post at 11:10 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    -I see you've become quite capable at parroting the talking points of Rachael Maddow and Co."

    Sorry to disappoint, Mr. Docktor, but I never watch Rachel Maddow's show for a variety of reasons. Primarily, her voice gets on my husband's nerves because she talks very fast.

    But the few times I HAVE seen her show she does know what she is talking about. I am sure if I had seen any information she might have presented on Allen West, it would have reflected the reality of his disturbed mental state that is easily proven by Googling "Allen West, controversial statements," as I did.

    And if we are to judge an individual, as does Mr. Baumbach, by their education, then she should be held in high esteem for graduating from Stanford, being a Rhodes Scholar, and graduating with a PhD. from Oxford University.

    Certainly more than some could aspire to.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 1:43 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    I'm so glad you are amused by your own misperceptions, Mr. Baumbach.

    Curious - you are suddenly stating that you AGREE with many liberals in this forum and embrace their ideas because they are not politicians?

    Hmmm. just as with the out-of-left field "Tina Fey" comments, perhaps you should think before you write.

    Really have to wonder why you have chosen Tina Fey to mock. Do you know her? Are you familiar with her work, because I'm not. I only know her for her spot-on portrayal of your crush, Sarah Palin.

    A better portrayal on an out-of-touch know nothing could never have been created.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 1:35 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: "More distortions Mr. Chaney? Please be more accurate. The only reason that America left Iraq is because of a declaration signed by George Bush saying that America will leave by 2011. Obama insisted upon staying in Iraq, but the Iraqi government had refused to grant US troops immunity for their actions in Iraq beyond 2011."

    Nonsense. Obama was criticized soundly for keeping Bush's timeline.

    Your candidate, Willard Mitt Romney, has in fact berated Obama in many speeches and during the debates for leaving Iraq too early and with too few troops on the ground. Just as with Afghanistan, Willard Mitt Romney was against it before he was in favor of it, before he was against it and....who knows what HE REALLY thinks, if he thinks at all.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 1:16 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    MS Bobin stated...How "well-rounded" of you, Mr. Baumbach! Not a single thought outside the conservative, small-minded box could be acceptable to you. HAHA!

    What I actually stated...posted at 10:41 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012...I dislike all politicians who have liberal thoughts, ideas and policies.

    Notice the vast difference. There are millions of liberals and conservatives that are not politicians Ms Bobin. I was referring to liberal "politicians" since they have power and impose laws on people that effect the quality of life... another Tina Fey moment from Ms Bobin...
    It always is nice to be amused and humored by Lodi's own stand up comedian... I'm sure Tina Fey is jealous of you... good job!


     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 1:03 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr Lucas jokingly stated...Deep down you know it is true because it is true...

    Yes Mr Lucas, it is true, I know deep down that you are entertaining... it is because you sincerely believe what you do that makes it so amusing.

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 12:13 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Mr. Lucas,


    In the Liberal Democrat world there are leaders and there are followers. You like most of the left wingers here are followers. In another blog this is how I view you

    The way I deal with these people is to recognize I am dealing with a cult. The leaders are psychopaths who know the truth but have ulterior motives. The followers who I call the bubble people actually believe the nonsense and have been thoroughly trained to hold contradictory thoughts in their heads at the same time ala 1984.

    What I had to get over was this insane belief that these people believe in character and all that implies. They do not. They are what they are and we have to defeat them politically for they really do not live in the real universe. They are disconnected from reality.

    Kinda works both ways doesn't it Johnny Boy!
    [beam][beam][beam]

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 12:09 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857


    Ms. Bobin:

    Regarding your post at 11:10 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    -I see you've become quite capable at parroting the talking points of Rachael Maddow and Co.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 11:37 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Allen West? Said of his fellow FL Congressman Debbie Wasserman Schultz calling her "vile, unprofessional ,and despicable," "a coward," "characterless," and "not a Lady," and demanding that she "shut the heck up."

    Allen West pretty much summed up the truth about Wasserman-Shultz. She is despicable and needs to get booted from office. As far as I am concerned, he put his thoughts about her politely. Liberals HATE honorable military politicians who dare tell the truth go against the "ruling party". They hated Powell until he sided with Owe-Blame-O.
    Communists in office? You can find that out as well as anyone if you turn off your liberal propaganda filter and CNN and do an unbiased investigation.
    ClarenceThomas. A sex pervert? Proof not there, only liberal allegations.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 11:25 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    I never said I think the president walks on water.

    The history of this nation is that Liberal policies brought about economic success.

    Every time you bring up the thai girl nonsense it just means you are getting desperate

     
  • John Lucas posted at 11:20 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Deep down you know it is true because it is true

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 11:10 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: "I dislike all politicians who have liberal thoughts, ideas and policies. Most conservatives I know love Condi Rice, Col West and Clarence Thomas...all conservative black people."

    How "well-rounded" of you, Mr. Baumbach! Not a single thought outside the conservative, small-minded box could be acceptable to you. HAHA!

    Condi Rice? - after agreeing with many of President Obama's foreign policy decisions stood up at the RNC and parroted for political points, "You cannot lead from behind."

    Clarence Thomas? A sexual pervert? A SC justice who NEVER asks a single question about the cases presented? Whose crazed wife sought to harass Anita Hill most recently in an email?

    Allen West? I guess you must have loved his rant telling liberals, "get the h....ll out of America."
    Allen West? Thinks Congress should be investigated for Communist infiltrators.
    Allen West? Said of his fellow FL Congressman Debbie Wasserman Schultz calling her "vile, unprofessional ,and despicable," "a coward," "characterless," and "not a Lady," and demanding that she "shut the heck up."
    Allen West?

    He is a deranged TEA Partier who has no business being in Congress.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 11:02 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Thanks for the humor Mr. Lucas, you are most times like now, entertaining.[beam]

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 10:31 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Really hysterical that Mr. Docktor picks up on one term and keeps running with it - to what end? If you understood my initial comment, you wouldn't be embarassing yourself in this manner, Mr. Docktor.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 10:30 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    The race card? When all else fails, play the race card. I don't give a rat's patoot what color Owe-Blame-O's skin happens to be, there is NO Red, White & Blue in his heart. Learn to drive.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 10:29 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Uh, HELLO - I didn't make up that term. Read some history for a change.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 10:28 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    As usual, Mr. Docktor has created a fantastical alternate universe in which he "thinks" he understands/perceives what I said. You are wrong, Mr. Docktor - please don't put words in my mouth.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 10:22 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    In the Conservative Republican world there are leaders and there are followers. You like most of the right wingers here are followers. In another blog this is how I view you

    The way I deal with these people is to recognize I am dealing with a cult. The leaders are psychopaths who know the truth but have ulterior motives. The followers who I call the bubble people actually believe the nonsense and have been thoroughly trained to hold contradictory thoughts in their heads at the same time ala 1984.

    What I had to get over was this insane belief that these people believe in character and all that implies. They do not. They are what they are and we have to defeat them politically for they really do not live in the real universe. They are disconnected from reality.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 10:10 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Never thought that a dictonary would help in understanding what it is you are thinking.

    Maybe you should have suggested a crystal ball instead.[whistling]

     
  • John Lucas posted at 7:43 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    I suggest you get a dictionary

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 7:40 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr Lucas stated...I do not hate you Darrell ...

    Of course not, you hate what you perceive. In reality, your reality is so far off, that it is impossible for you to know who and what "Darrell" is. You ask at times ..."are their unicorns in your universe". It makes me smile as I am your unicorn in your universe... The Darrell you make comments about does not exist, just like your universe.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 7:28 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Joe Baxter said:NOTHING has changed for the better under Obama


    Humm, I disagree. I think president Obama performed a wonderful service for America's future.

    He has demonstrated why we must pay attention to who we elect as president. If we again select an incompetent community organizer as our president who has other country's best interest at heart rather than our own, then we can suffer harm- again.

    In addition, I did not know what a community organizer was. Now I understand that a community organizer is one who organizes communities to achieve power through corruption, thuggery, violence and deception. Why else would a community organizer ((Obama) pay $800,000 to a community organizer organization (ACORN) to organize thousands of dead people to vote? Why else would Obama, support anarchists that backed the Occupy Wall Street criminals

    Hopefully, Obama will run out of his KoolAid for his Koolaid drinkers who definitely are not thinkers.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 6:17 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    I do not hate you Darrell I just despise the insanity, the shallowness, the greed and selfishness of your ideas

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 1:03 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Of course Ms. Bobin will simply ignore the fact that the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans have all contributed to Obama's re-election campaign.

    What about that "don't you get" Ms. Bobin? [lol][lol][lol]

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 12:51 am on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    GM is also on it's way to bankruptcy again. [lol]

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/15/general-motors-is-headed-for-bankruptcy-again/

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 11:24 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr Lucas stated...Conservative Republicans cannot tell the difference between fact and fiction.


    It is a fact, you think Obama walks on water. That is fiction Mr Lucas.

    It is a fact that you think only liberal policies bring about success. That is fiction Mr Lucas.

    It is a fact that you think you were having innocent fun with Thai bar girls and that they liked it. That is fiction Mr. Lucas.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 11:16 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr. Chaney stated…9 obama) Saved the auto industry? And all the jobs that came with it?

    More Myths and distortions Mr. Chaney> Tell the truth , you will feel better. There is just one problem with this your claim: Obama did let General Motors and Chrysler go bankrupt. He then used 80 billion of tax payers’ money to bail them out. He then gave 20% of GM to a union as political payback for supporting his campaign. In other words, he attacked old men and women with their retirement plans in GM stock and told them to go eat dog food while his rich union thugs got rich.

    George Mason University Law School bankruptcy expert Todd Zywicki and Heritage Foundation labor expert James Sherk detail how Obama’ intervention did not save the U.S. auto industry, it just made it more expensive.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 11:03 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr Chaney stated...(Obama) Created health care for all, not just the wealthy?

    Mr Obama walks on water in your eyes Mr Chaney. So much so that your imagination as to what he inflicted on America as far as health care went right over your head.

    Sad that people like yourself can drink Obama KoolAID and perceive you are drinking something sweet and tasty when in reality it is more bitter and harmful than acid.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 10:56 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr. Chaney stated…Obama got us out of Iraq, didn't he?

    More distortions Mr. Chaney? Please be more accurate. The only reason that America left Iraq is because of a declaration signed by George Bush saying that America will leave by 2011. Obama insisted upon staying in Iraq, but the Iraqi government had refused to grant US troops immunity for their actions in Iraq beyond 2011.
    When you credit Obama for pulling troops out of Iraq, know that it was George Bush that got Americans out. Not Obama.

    Also know Bush relied heavily on the decade of intelligence mostly supplied by the Clinton administration and his military advisors at the time and Colin Powell, with his testimony before the U.N. Security Council, that got us into Iraq.”

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 10:41 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Mr. Chaney, Why must you and other pro Obama individuals dishonestly accuse others of racism simply because Obama is black?

    I dislike all politicians who have liberal thoughts, ideas and policies. Most conservatives I know love Condi Rice, Col West and Clarence Thomas...all conservative black people. Most conservatives I know appreciated and loved General Powell because he was conservative. Now that he is liberal, most conservatives do not appreciate him.
    For you to talk racism is deceitful. It is beyond obvious that liberals do not like conservatives and vise Versa ...has nothing to do with skin color.
    In fact, I noticed that every post you submit about Mr. Baxter ends up bashing him. Should we assume you do it because you are a racist or bigot?

     
  • John Lucas posted at 5:15 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Maybe but we sure know things are better now than they were in 2008. You do not seem to have that ability.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 4:59 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    Too bad liberal brains are incapable of comprehending reality. They would rather believe in the FAIRY TALE of "Obama the Mystery President."

     
  • John Lucas posted at 4:42 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    It is not that so much it is that Conservative Republicans cannot tell the difference between fact and fiction.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 4:41 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    What in the world does slavery or Lincoln have to do with the Obama campaign accepting foreign donations from Bin Laden? [huh]

     
  • John Lucas posted at 4:40 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Joe Baxter said:

    NOTHING has changed for the better under Obama


    You said it Joe, who could forgot those wonderful last months of Bush Administration when we were losing 800,000 jobs a month, were in the worst credit crunch since the great depression, the auto industry was on its knees , banks failing all around us. Yes those were the good old days. Do not worry though Joe if your guy Romney gets in I am sure we will have our economy return to those conditions you so desire.

    Do you even read what you write?

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 2:45 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    I guess I am being censored...which is c--p Marty.

     
  • Joe Baxter posted at 2:43 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Joe Baxter Posts: 1892

    When the "Horse" doesn't take you where you should be, get one that will. NOTHING has changed for the better under Obama. Here are a few thiings Obama doesn't want you to know.
    Prosecution for financial fraud is worse under Obama than Bush.
    Income inequality is worse under Obama than Bush.
    ObamaCare won't make healthcare cheaper for most Americans.
    Obama housing programs have largely been a failure.
    Homeowners haven't seen much out the HUGE mortgage deal.
    Democrats have received lots of cash from BAIN employees.
    Goldman and other financial firms escaped punishment for they role in financial crisis.
    Too big to fail banks have grown under Obama.
    Lots of the "jobs" Obama crows about are low wage jobs.
    Incomes declined more during the recovery than during the recession.
    Payroll tax cut may expire on Obama's watch.
    Many of Obama's top donors are the 1%'ers, the very people he is trying to demonize.

    When the "Horse" turns out to be a DONKEY, time to change.


     
  • Walter Chang posted at 12:51 pm on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Walt Posts: 1158

    "Nixon verbage"

    Pat Maple, are still mad at Jane Fonda too??


    [wink]

     
  • John Kindseth posted at 11:50 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Kindseth Posts: 245

    Its interesting how two people can look at the same facts and draw opposite conclusions. I can only conclude that people who believe they are circumspect really are "pickers and choosers" of the facts they choose to select to supporttheir ideology.

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/cowardly_lying.html

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 11:31 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Ms. Bobin,

    What I don't get is your belief venture capitalists are mostly robber barons. Except your love for the venture capitalists of unions. They couldn't possibly be robber barons in your eyes.

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 11:15 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Kevin,

    Good thoughts. Unlike Ms. Bobijn, who believes it's those nasty old rich Carnegies who got us in this position. Venture capitalism is an enemy of the masses as far as she's concerned. Blood sweat and tears built this country. Not government subsidies
    and bailouts.

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 11:09 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Ms. Bobin wrote:

    What we, the sensible people, are saying is now we need to develop ways to use them without destroying the planet.

    -Chuckle,

    All those advances in technology and innovations that have made the use of fossil fuels more efficient has just been an exercise in futility if we were to advance on Ms. Bobin's logic. It seems to me she believes had therw not been the Carnegies etc. we would be in a much better position economicly.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 10:01 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    [thumbup] hurts me but what can I say [smile]

     
  • Kevin Paglia posted at 9:50 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Kevin Paglia Posts: 2079

    Brian, If American Society and business had learned it's lesson in the 70's with the first oil crisis, developed the technology available then and continued it's advancements through to todays technology then A: we would NOT be dependent on forgiegn oil producers, some of whom hate America. And B: be better enviromental stewards of this planet.

    I keep up with just some of the inovations in greener technology and what is ignored by moainstream business is enviromentally irresponsible at best. Current tech allows for engines that double and triple efficency. Roof top wind turbines, solar panels and tide generators could GREATLY reduce our fossil fuel dependency. This is one area where I like many of the Liberal policies.

    On the other side in referance to the profits of the businesses. Why shouldn't the people who take all the financial risks, make most of the profits? If you are SO anti big business, DON'T buy their stuff. Do your research and find the businesses that meet your standards and buy from them. That said I would be interested in a national corporate rule against a "super" corporation. A business so large that IF it failed it would cripple the economy. Most directly would be the auto industry where one business owns ten different lines. it would be more nationally fiscally secure to have each line as a seperate business, with limited cross over inverstor opportunities.

    Just a thought.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 9:24 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    HAHA....no one is saying that fossil fuels have not contributed to industry. What we, the sensible people, are saying is now we need to develop ways to use them without destroying the planet.

    The only thing the Rockefellers, Carnegies, Morgans and all of the other robber barons cared about was making a buck. Never mind the havoc that has been wrought as a consequence of them making billions. Well, maybe Carnegie had second thoughts, briefly.

    What about that don't you get, Mr. Docktor?

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 9:03 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Ms. Bobin,

    Has the thought ever occured to you there may not have been an industrial revolution
    in the late 1800's if fossel fuels had not been used?

     
  • John Lucas posted at 8:45 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    Did you happen to notice the storm that hit the east coast this week? The New York subway system has never been flooded before. Are you going to ignore what Al Gore has been telling you forever and is proving to actually be true? Is it not time to get your head out of your nether regions? Are you going to wait until it is too late and make this world unlivable for our species? Do you care at all about those who come after you? Just because you refuse to think and look at the reality of what you propose will ever occur to you just because you ignore the best scientific research available nature does not care that you do? Conservative Republican thinking(if you want to call it that) is the biggest threat to mankind today. You make Muslim terrorist look like rank amateurs.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 8:40 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Oh, this has to be the best one yet!

    And has President Lincoln spoken to you lately about regreting his decision to free the slaves?

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 8:38 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4488

    Oh, Waaahhh! After one hundred+ years of polluting our planet we need to finally pay the price. Should have thought about non-stop polluting BEFORE it happened, not after.

     
  • John Lucas posted at 8:32 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    John Lucas Posts: 2730

    We will have our answer Tuesday. The question really is are there enough adults to reelect President Obama. If not I am investing in gold. This economy cannot stand another round of conservative Republican economic policies much less their childlike foreign polices.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 8:24 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2999

    Using a Pakistani Internet Protocol and proxy server, a disposable credit card and a fake address, “Osama bin Laden” has successfully donated twice to Barack Obama’s presidential re-election campaign.

    http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-accepts-osama-bin-laden-donations/

     
  • Brian Dockter posted at 8:18 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Brian Dockter Posts: 2857

    Government Fixing Markets Against Red, White, and Blue Energy Is a Loser

    President Obama further tips the scale in favor of green energy by implementing policies intended to diminish the market competitiveness of fossil fuels. The more expensive he can make gasoline or fossil-generated electricity, the “cheaper” he can make renewable power appear to be in comparison. Last month, the President and Senate Democrats recycled a plan to raise taxes by $24 billion on domestic oil and gas companies for no other reason than to further disadvantage them compared to their green energy competitors. This plan failed on a bipartisan basis for the second time this Congress.

    • The President’s regulations substantially disadvantage fossil fuels like oil and coal as an energy source, effectively costing consumers more.

    o The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently proposed a rule to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from new power plants; this rule has been analyzed to end the use of abundant American coal as a fuel source and raise electricity costs.

    o The EPA’s planned greenhouse gas emissions rules for power plants, refiners, manufacturers, vehicles, and other sources could raise gas prices.

    o The EPA’s planned Tier 3 rule to cut air emissions from fuels and light-duty vehicles, including requiring refiners to drastically cut sulfur in gasoline, could increase the cost of manufacturing gasoline.

    o New regulations on cars will cost consumers even more for new cars at the point of purchase. One analysis concluded that the cost of new emissions equipment more than wipes out any fuel efficiency savings, even with gasoline at $6 per gallon. Average consumers could be priced out of the market altogether.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 7:56 am on Sat, Nov 3, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9405

    Letter stated...I say, "Don't change horses in the middle of the streams." Vote for incumbent President Obama.

    I say we have a horse for a president... Its time to vote for a "man"..Lets let the democrats keep their horse, lets just put him in the stable to retire and rest.

    Letter also stated...don't care for the cheap shots (personal opinion not grounded in fact) taken at President Obama and Vice President Biden

    Of course, he misses the good old days when democrats and the media had 12 years of "non-stop, miserable, name-calling, hate-filled, invective-slinging years by them aimed at President Bush and his policies?"

     

Recent Comments

Posted 13 hours ago by Thomas Heuer.

article: Steve Hansen: Is America’s middle class…

I really hate the discussions of lower taxes would be the answer to our economic woes. Business is usually discussed in the aggregate meani…

More...

Posted 13 hours ago by Mike Adams.

article: Letter: Police officer did his job

Gee....the first time Jerome got pulled over and got a speeding ticket, he'd thank the officer. Until he was he had to pay a huge fine BEF…

More...

Posted 14 hours ago by Mike Adams.

article: Letter: Police officer did his job

So Jerome is saying it's President Obama's fault there are red necked hillbillies who would rather beat and shoot African Americans than tr…

More...

Posted 15 hours ago by Kevin Paglia.

article: Letter: What about others who break the…

Yes, you are against cops. when you say resisting arrest and ATTACKING a police officer shouldn't get you killed, then you are siding with …

More...

Posted 15 hours ago by Kevin Paglia.

article: Letter: What about others who break the…

"Maybe you could be "un-like" fox and show examples of both? Or are you like most conservatives and blind to other possibili…

More...

Video

Popular Stories

Poll

Loading…

Your News

News for the community, by the community.

Mailing List

Subscribe to a mailing list to have daily news sent directly to your inbox.

  • Breaking News

    Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Sign up now!

  • News Updates

    Would you like to receive our daily news headlines? Sign up now!

  • Sports Updates

    Would you like to receive our daily sports headlines? Sign up now!

Manage Your Lists