Lodinews.com

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Wade Heath Some thoughts on Andrew Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh and others

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Wade Heath

Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:00 am | Updated: 12:52 pm, Tue Mar 13, 2012.

Every once in a while, I have this strange urge to cut loose on multiple topics. I call it the combo column.

***

The death of conservative media mogul Andrew Breitbart was shocking. Seemingly out of nowhere, this ferocious man of many websites dropped dead as he walked home one evening a few weeks ago.

Breitbart will be remembered for his unrelenting pursuit of the truth and for his warfare tactics against the liberal media bias he was so vocal about. Through his efforts, Breitbart exposed the ACORN community organizing group, which prompted an immediate investigation and bill to defund the government contributions to the organization.

He also forced Rep. Anthony Weiner to resign in disgrace after spotlighting Weiner’s unflattering self-portraits of his undercarriage online. Just prior to his sudden death, Breitbart announced at the CPAC convention that he had videos of President Obama’s college days that were going to be a source of “vetting,” since he claims it wasn’t done during Obama’s first campaign. One video has already been released, and more are on the way.

But I will remember Andrew Breitbart most fondly for the way in which he so enraged liberals and the left-leaning media. He saw bias, corruption, strange bedfellows and a double standard. He set his sights on all that was unfair and never stopped hammering away at it.

A few months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew at a speech I attended at the Nixon Library in Orange County. His passionate words received several standing ovations from the crowd and undoubtedly lit a fire in those who would otherwise never get involved in activism or politics.

His tone and demeanor felt like that of a military general. He even declared that America was at war for our own culture and that many in the left-leaning media had done their best to keep it that way. Afterward, as he signed copies of his book “Righteous Indignation,” he spoke to each attendee with kindness, respect and appreciation.  

This conservative warrior will certainly be missed. He leaves behind a wonderful family and a media empire that continues to move forward with Breitbart’s plans even after his death. Breitbart was good for the GOP in that he scared them. He was great for the progressives because he really scared them. But he was even better for the average Joe because he was the guy who said exactly what needed to be said and wasn’t worried about the repercussions. In fact, he taunted the repercussions.

***

For those of you who are unaware, the National Defense Authorization Act is the bill signed by President Obama that, when analyzed, reveals that the president now has the authority to detain anyone — even American citizens if he so rules them a threat — and said person would be held without due process under the law of war. No hearing, no charges, no trial. The very concept reminds me of when Japanese-American citizens were rounded up and detained during WWII via executive order of FDR. This bill, updated for 2012, is affirmed by Congress, acknowledging the unprecedented power allotted to the role of president.  

Does this tidbit concern you at all? One of my favorite Founding Father quotes comes from Benjamin Franklin, who said, “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Think about it. When was the last time you had rights in an airport?

***

A few days ago, a new resolution started being circulated in Congress by North Carolina Republican Walter Jones. The resolution stated that if the president decided to use offensive military force without the authorization of Congress (against Syria, in this case), it would be considered a high crime and misdemeanor, a reason for impeachment.

This resolution comes after President Obama’s use of military force in Libya without ever consulting Congress and moving swiftly with NATO forces to “aid” the people of that country attempting to overthrow the then-regime.

Some of the exact language of the resolution states: “... the use of offensive military force by a president without prior and clear authorization of an act of Congress violates Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under Article I, Section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution.”

Did you hear that? I think it was the credibility of our elected representatives breathing again.

***

The country is a-flutter over commentator Rush Limbaugh’s insulting remark about a young woman speaking about contraceptives. Now every enemy he’s ever had wants him yanked off the air.

Forget liberal commentators Ed Schultz, Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann, who routinely make the same if not more disgusting remarks toward women. When they do it, it’s free speech; when Rush does it, it’s a crime.

Someone call the FCC!   

Columnist Wade Heath is a contributing editor to NationalTalkLive.com. Contact him at wade.lodi@gmail.com.

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don't pretend you're someone else.)
  • 2 Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually oriented language.
  • 3 Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
  • 4 Be truthful. Don't lie about anyone or anything. Don't post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
  • 5 Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 6 Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don't insult each other.
  • 7 Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 8 Share what you know, and ask about what you don't.

Welcome to the discussion.

66 comments:

  • Patrick W Maple posted at 1:17 pm on Mon, Mar 19, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    Robert....yep.

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 8:20 am on Mon, Mar 19, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    In 1961 the DEMOCRATIC President, JFK, in his inaugural speech said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".
    Todays LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC mindset is to h e l l with our country, what can our country do for ME?
    When we become a nation of sheep, the wolves will rule. The head "Wolf" has made that very apparent.

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 4:47 pm on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    Pat, it is called self respect and integrity. Something sorely lacking in today's generation. I never collected a dime that I didn't earn myself. I worked hard for many years, sometimes 12-14 hrs a day, 7 days a week to build my business and financial success. Today, it seems to be popular to see how much "free" stuff you can get, be it money, food, health care, education, housing or anything else these freeloaders want, but don't want to work or pay for. And then they have the nerve to disrespect the very people who pay the most in taxes screaming "We want more so you have to pay MORE !! " Sadly, in this political climate, it is encouraged and only going to get worse.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 4:12 pm on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    BTW...rich isn't what you keep in your pocket...my grandfather carried a watch and knife...that was all he had aside fromthe 300 or so descendents who respected and loved him.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 4:10 pm on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    Robert..yep.

    mskl: Rubber-glue doesn't work on me. I grew up poor...dirt poor. I worked in the fields just like those who now stand in line for hand-outs. WE never got any...because WE worked for it....my mother, my father, my brothers and my sister. Not today...now they are running ads on TV telling people to make sure they sign up for them. Jeeeeezzzz...come on...spend taxpayers money to advertise give aways...???

    I did get a thank-you note from the rich bsartads you like to run down...it was called a job. a pay check and many bonuses...not to mention the education. I also got a draft notice (are you old enough to remember those???). Lastly...as one of those rich bsartdas...I also give out thank-you notes and bonuses...see even dumb-asess like me can be taught. Grow up.

     
  • Kim Lee posted at 2:57 pm on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Kim Lee Posts: 1798

    How hypocritical is it for people to take from another and then give it to someone else without acknowledging the people they took it from? Taking from the poor (that's us) and giving it to the "fortunate" (many are frauds) is unacceptable and a disgrace. When is the last time you got a thank you note from the conservative rich?

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 12:59 pm on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    Pat, I stood in line behind a woman and her four kids at the grocery store. Her basket was filled with expensive cuts of meat which she paid for with a "food stamp" debit card. But, she had no problem whipping out green cash for the two cases of beer and the carton of cigarettes she also purchased. Something wrong with this picture?

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 12:04 pm on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    Robert: How hyjpocritical is it for one person to take from another and then give it to someone else without acknowledging the person they took it from? Liberals take from the rich (and us) give it to the "less fortunate" (many are frauds) and then claim it is coming from them. When is the last time you got a thank you note from them or the recipients? I send thank you cards for gifts don't you? Of course you do...you are one of the givers. So I say to ALL of us who give, have given and will give...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

     
  • Mike Adams posted at 11:19 am on Sun, Mar 18, 2012.

    Mike Adams Posts: 1293

    Darrell: Careful you don't get sucked into the weasel's game where he is never wrong, except when he is always wrong. And the weasel likes to be in charge over what he will accept as evidence and what he won't. So his rules apply only to him, and not everyone else:

    "Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:22 am on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.
    ......Weasel, I am curious. The law as I read it approves detention of American citizens who have demonstrated involvement with an enemy like Alkida that is attempting to harm our country.
    I am not in favor of all average citizen subject to this law when they have no intent to harm our country.
    And I do not see where the law applies to this group.
    I see nothing wrong though in detaining American citizens involved in war against our country even if it is on our soil without trial. What do you see as appropriate legislation where combatants can be detailed without trial or are you saying it should never happen?"

    "Weasel posted at 10:51 am on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.
    O.K. Darrell, "all Americans under all circumstances can be detained without trial."

    "Weasel posted at 8:05 am on Sat, Mar 17, 2012.
    Are you sure? I quoted you directly Darrell....LOL"

    The weasel has special sight that enables him to see the most extreme consequences of any regulation or rule or law regardless of what that law or rule or regulation states. And he can copy and paste any large document he feels proves his point.

    Can someone tell me: Can weasels see well in the daylight?

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:33 pm on Sat, Mar 17, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Andrew stated...Are you sure? I quoted you directly Darrell....LOL

    Andrew... what time was my post that you are referring to?

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 10:56 am on Sat, Mar 17, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    One only need to watch this video to confirm there is a definite double standard on what LIBERAL talk show hosts can get away with while CONSERVATIVE talk show hosts are crucified. This is from the man who gave BHO's campaign a MILLION dollars,so there is absolutely NO question he is a LIBERAL DEMOCRAT. Where was BHO's outage when this idiot televised these slanderous attacks? Watch and enjoy.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7caiuRXiU

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 8:05 am on Sat, Mar 17, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2848

    Are you sure? I quoted you directly Darrell....LOL

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:21 am on Sat, Mar 17, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Andrew stated....O.K. Darrell, "all Americans under all circumstances can be detained without trial."

    I do not understand how this post has anything to do with my post....

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:18 am on Sat, Mar 17, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Ms Bobin... please do not tell me that you actually do not understand the intent my post. I knew you were at the stage where little pink bunny rabbits appear before your eyes as does the bigots around every corner.... but at least I thought you had a grasp of the English language to the point of forth grade or better...

    to clarify just for you....
    ma·tured, ma·tur·ing, ma·tures
    To work out fully in the mind: "able to digest and mature my thoughts for my own mind only" (John Stuart Mill).
    a. Having reached full natural growth or development:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Maturing
    So yes... I matured which means that I gained what I could have and no longer found it
    valuable use of time. So obviously, others may still listen to his show that have not gotten all the value one can get and appreciate listening... Ms Bobin, I think you should play more with your furry friends and spend less time make comments over issued that have substance... its clearly over your head.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 2:26 pm on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: As far as your silly statement that people who listen to Rush Limbaugh and other talk shows are IMMATURE ...is asinine.

    and previously wrote:

    "I listened to Rush Limbaugh for years. However, I stopped listening to all talk shows years ago as I grew out of it. Its called maturing Ms Bobin... something that has avoided you."

    You said it, not me, Mr. Baumbach. You really should pay more attention to what you write. You obviously have trouble remembering what you say.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 10:55 am on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2848

    The 5th Ammendment

    "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 10:51 am on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2848

    O.K. Darrell, "all Americans under all circumstances can be detained without trial."

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 6:22 am on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Andrew, I am curious. The law as I read it approves detention of American citizens who have demonstrated involvement with an enemy like Alkida that is attempting to harm our country.
    I am not in favor of all average citizen subject to this law when they have no intent to harm our country.
    And I do not see where the law applies to this group.
    I see nothing wrong though in detaining American citizens involved in war against our country even if it is on our soil without trial. What do you see as appropriate legislation where combatants can be detailed without trial or are you saying it should never happen?

    You post does not address the restrictions of the law and implies that all Americans under all circumstances can be detained without trial. Can you please clarify.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 12:23 am on Fri, Mar 16, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2848

    Despite the fact that the NDAA legalizes the indefinate detainment, toture and killing of American citizens without due process Ms. Bobin states the following, "Unless you are a member of one of these groups (are you? like Mr. Hutchins?) then I doubt you have very much to worry about."

    Ms. Bobin, Please try to understand the sheer stupidity of such a statement.

    The NDAA legalizes the indefinate detainment, toture and killing of American citizens without due process. One need not be a member or affilliated with a "far right-wing militia" or a far left-wing militia or any other organization or militia for that matter . One only needs to be an AMERICAN CITIZEN. Why does this fact dumbfound you? What part of due process no longer exists in the United States of America do you not understand?

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 9:33 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Ms Bobin, when you state I never listen to Limbaugh show and at the same time talk about his historical use of various terms and sayings, one who is reasonable would assume you are referring to present and past tense. If you want people to know you are only talking about present shows, you need to only refer to issues he presently talks about.
    In this particular case, I went to “you tube “and played a clip to find out what he said... so I still maintain that you need not listen to his show to know what he has said about an issue.

    As far as your silly statement that people who listen to Rush Limbaugh and other talk shows are IMMATURE ...is asinine. After years of listening, I got it... I get it ...and do not need to waste my time listening to something I already know to be true. What is extremely immature is for you to watch comedy shows that play Limbaugh clips out of context and think you are getting reality.

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 4:23 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    JOANNE, who uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to embasrrass her husband, posted: "You barely have the intelligence to find an RV park that has WiFi so you can log on and make ridiculous comments."
    Too bad you can't visit some of the beautiful places in America in a RV like I do. Some of the most spectacular spots haven't got WiFi . I carry a very large RV directory and it tells me which park has WiFi and which don't. I don't consider it a priority in making my destination decisions.
    As expected she answered my question with a question, usual imbecile response.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 3:51 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Liebich: You are absolutely correct. It is idiotic that in the 21st century we must discuss these types of situations in which males in positions of authority or with the ability to disperse vile words, attack women with such ferocity, and other males, insignificant as they are, feel compelled to defend the comments.

    As for the NDAA, George W. Bush and D.ick Cheney started us down the slippery slope to this bill with the USA PATRIOT Act which was the first step toward restricting American citizens' rights under the guise of protecting us from terrorism.

    I do not agree with the NDAA since, on the surface, it seems to be extremely far reaching, but when taken in the context of the fact that far right-wing militias have increased by over 800 since Obama became president, i.e., 800 more GROUPS, this legislation has been deemed necessary by both parties.

    Unless you are a member of one of these groups (are you? like Mr. Hutchins?) then I doubt you have very much to worry about. Besides, there are already many organizations, the far left-wing ACLU, for example, who are already fighting the constitutionality of the NDAA.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 3:47 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    Just for your information msf and msb: "For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary"...

    I pay practically an entire summer's salary in taxes....EVERY YEAR! How about you msf or msb or mspelosi or mswaters or msboxer??? I bet I pay more.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 3:43 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    msb: I am very aware of women's problems...second hand with my grandmother, mother, sister and wife. Don't lecture me on the medical implications...you are an idiot.

    How is it that msf can speak for thousands of people she has no medical information on or even her friend and her problems? She presented "hear-say" and the morons sitting behind the desk ate it up at an alarming rate...like pigs at the trough. Even I know it is not evidence and should be given little credence. No wonder our country is so screwed up.

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 3:41 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    Andrew, this is called "misdirection". Magicians use this tactic to "fool" the audience so they don't realize what they are really doing. Obama is using it to fool Americans. A magician, he is NOT.

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 1:22 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2848

    Does spending days talking about someone who doesn't deserve a scintilla of attention seem logical to anyone? At what point will the mindless masses acknowledge the sheer pointlessness of it all?

    93 Senators recently passed a bill that legalizes the indefinate detainment, toture and killing of American citizens without due process yet the "idiotic staged Pelosi drama" is all that seems to matter... It's as sad as it is pathetic.

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 12:56 pm on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    Hmmm, I am wondering if JOANNE has personal knowledge that Ms Fluke WAS NOT a
    s l u t and or a prostitute. She seems to challenge everyone else's knowledge/opinion of this idiotic staged Pelosi drama.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 9:41 am on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Maple: ALL of your comments are totally irrelevant to this situation because, unless you have personal knowledge of Ms. Fluke's medical history, or her friend's medical history - knowledge that would include the EXACT type of medication (BC pills) needed to ameliorate her condition, all the condoms and all the Target BC control pills in the world have absolutely no meaning. Stop trying to assume that you know how to obtain what others need at a discount price. It makes you look ignorant.

    I am sure YOU could have Googled this yourself, but both you and Mr. Baumbach chose to make ignorant, salacious, and juvenile comments. From NW University website:

    "The Public Interest Law Scholars (PILS) Program offers full tuition scholarships, renewable each year, to selected students. It is the most generous and prestigious scholarship offered by the law school and recipients are among our strongest students.
    Not only do PILS recipients have academic profiles that boast strong scores and grades, they also have very strong backgrounds in fields that pertain to social justice and public service. Many have worked for years in areas such as human rights, immigration, social work, child advocacy, prison reform, politics and welfare reform."

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 9:30 am on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach stated: "I witnessed people for years like you who stated he said one thing but in reality said something completely different."

    So, even when confronted with the exact transcript of Limbaugh's comments, which differed greatly from what you posted, you still insist he was misquoted? I don't know that you are smoking over there in Thailand, Mr. Baumbach, but I'll bet Rush would love to get his hands on some of it, too.

    Mr. Baumbach stated: "People like you simply listen to comedy shows like stewart who play selected clips out of context..."

    Again, where you get the idea that I "simply listen to comedy shows" to get all of my information, I really don't know. If that were true I wouldn't be commenting on this site, as I would not be reading this newspaper.

    What you have accurately decribed, however, is what FOX News has achieved as its crowning accomplishment - the reason it is so popular among the ill-educated who watch it because they are so easily manipulated by the propaganda machine that is FOX News and its corporate parent, News Corp., mostly known for its tabloid twaddle.

    Mr. Baumbach added: "and characterize his comments in a false light... just like you did... completely false characterization, your specialty you are good at."

    I would take that as a compliment, but unfortunately, you are once again very delusional because you cannot accept what Limbaugh said and you refuse to believe his words had the meaning that thousands of other people in the world believe they had.

    Why Mr. Baumbach feels the need to champion the dregs of society, the social outcasts, the pedophiles, the myogynists...it is just beyond me.

     
  • Robert Chapman posted at 9:23 am on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Bob Chapman Posts: 997

    When I went to college, I will admit I partied more than I should have. It was expensive but I had a part time job and paid for my hangovers myself. Maybe I should have whined that I couldn't afford it and tried to get the taxpayers to fund my morning after misery. Sooner or later, the LIBERALS are going to find out that it takes MONEY to fund all the "free" stuff everyone wants. Unfortunately, they haven't figured that out as yet.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 9:12 am on Thu, Mar 15, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach reiterated my comment: "By your own admission, you stated that you NEVER listen to Rush Limbaugh,"

    and added:

    "I listened to Rush Limbaugh for years. However, I stopped listening to all talk shows years ago as I grew out of it."

    Once again Mr. Baumbach has proven that his history of grammatical errors, misspellings and lack of reading comprehension is crippling his ability to respond correctly to comments.

    I stated: "you never LISTEN..." and Mr. Baumbach responded, I listenED...(and) "I stopped listening.."

    Enough said about Mr. Baumbach's inability to wriggle out of this comical situation.

    Mr. Baumbach also added: " I stopped listening to all talk shows years ago as I grew out of it. Its called maturing Ms Bobin..."

    So you ADMIT that people who listen to Rush Limbaugh and other talk shows are IMMATURE? All of that immaturity sure goes a long way to support Limbaugh's drug vices and his attorney's who were able to get him a little slap on the wrist for "doctor shopping," and filling multiple prescriptions for oxycodone and hydrocodone - highly addictive prescription medication.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 8:33 pm on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Pat stated...The amount of sex this woman has is irrelevant...except she wants someone else to pay for it.

    Exactly right Pat... this was the intent of the intire debate from the get go... As usual, A+ in the content department.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 8:24 pm on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Really Mr. Baumbach? By your own admission, you stated that you NEVER listen to Rush Limbaugh, so you would not know what he says on his show..

    Ms Bobin... again... you are confused, mistaken and disorientated. You keep on creating your own facts that are only your facts.

    I listened to Rush Limbaugh for years. However, I stopped listening to all talk shows years ago as I grew out of it. Its called maturing Ms Bobin... something that has avoided you. I witnessed people for years like you who stated he said one thing but in reality said something completely different. People like you simply listen to comedy shows like stewart who play selected clips out of context and characterize his comments in a false light... just like you did... completely false characterization, your specialty you are good at.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 2:51 pm on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    What IS a public interest scholarship? Gee I'm sorry you have to work for your sxe.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 1:33 pm on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    msb: It is one thing to perpetrate a lie another to misunderstand a statement...it is another to stand behind the lie (ms fluke) and perpetuate it...which is what you are doing.Confronting the lie is another thing...which is what I am doing. The amount of sex this woman has is irrelevant...except she wants someone else to pay for it.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 1:25 pm on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    With the help of a good reporter and to his credit (Noah Glyn, Rutgers Univesity)

    Let’s unpack Fluke’s testimony. First, she said that Georgetown doesn’t provide contraception insurance. This is only partly true, as she noted later in her testimony, “A friend of mine . . . has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries. Her prescription is technically covered by Georgetown’s insurance because it’s not intended to prevent pregnancy.” Second, law school typically lasts three years, so, according to Fluke, it costs $1000 a year to pay for contraception without insurance. The truth is that the generic versions of birth control pills Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Ortho-Cyclen are sold for $9 a month at the local Georgetown Target. That’s $9 a month without insurance. In other words, oral contraception costs $108 a year, not $1000. If Ms. Fluke or any of her friends would rather use condoms, then they are in luck, as condoms are especially easy to acquire for free. National Review Online’s Charlie Cooke explains in a recent piece just how easy it is (hint, there’s an app for it!)".So...msb...who now is talking out of both sides of their mouth? You and ms fluke.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 1:14 pm on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    msb: I stand corrected...msf is only one third the sult she proposes to be:

    "I attend a Jesuit law school that does not provide contraceptive coverage in its student health plan. And just as we students have faced financial, emotional, and medical burdens as a result, employees at religiously-affiliated hospitals and institutions and universities across the country have suffered similar burdens . . .

    Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary. 40% of the female students at Georgetown Law reported to us that they struggle financially as a result of this policy."

    Her words not mine...SHE includes herself in the "testimony" NOT me.

     
  • Kevin Paglia posted at 11:46 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Kevin Paglia Posts: 1902

    I thnk one of the best counters to Rush is Michael Moore. Moore is a very public face of the democrat party. And he gets cheers when he verbally assults conservatives. He made it a main part of his act to insult sitting president Bush such as, "I would like to apologize for referring to George W. Bush as a "deserter." What I meant to say is that George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD liar, and a functional illiterate. And he poops his pants. You Say Deserter, I Say More Dessert... by Michael Moore. MichaelMoore.com (2004-01-27). (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Michael_Moore). And some on these boards use his terminology to refer to Bush. Can you imagin if Rush said similar things about Obama?

    So, again, why do Liberals get so bent out of shape with Rush but let Moore make regular isulting comments? BTW did the media say a thing about Moore's comments to Rush, http://1oneday.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/michael-moore-hits-rush-limbaugh-with-b i t c h-tweet/

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 10:11 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: "He should stick to his normal political analysis and commentary that has maintained the largest mainstream audience in radio history."

    Really Mr. Baumbach? By your own admission, you stated that you NEVER listen to Rush Limbaugh, so you would not know what he says on his show. If Limbaugh did not make rude comments about "Femi-N a z i's, Barack the Magic Negro, and the Fluke routine, his m o r o n audience would not tune in. They don't care about his "political analysis," they DO care about his "commentary" in which he insults anyone and everyone who does not think like he does.

    Maybe if you stop watching FOX News, you could broaden your horizons - and you might even find out that "that old saying" is actually a quote from Shakespeare's "Hamlet."

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 9:57 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: "No Ms Bobin... Rush Limbaugh stated that if someone wanted to get paid for having sex, that would make that person as you described... please stop getting your news from the Stewart Show and Bill Maher... you will be more accurate."

    Maybe, Mr. Baumbach, if you would report comments accurately instead of making them up in your head and/or EDITING them, YOU would actually make sense.

    What follows is a transcript of Limbaugh's comments in the context of what he was saying about health insurance coverage for birth control:

    “Three thousand dollars for birth control in three years? That’s a thousand dollars a year of sex — and, she wants us to pay for it,” Limbaugh said, adding that high school boys applying to college should consider Georgetown. “They’re admitting before congressional committee that they’re having so much sex they can’t afford the birth control pills!”

    The conservative radio host continued: “What does it say about the college co-ed Sandra Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex, what does that make her? It makes her a s l u t, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We’re the pimps.”

    Mr. Baumbach continued: "Obviously, Mr Limbaugh was attempting humor that failed..."

    Oh, obviously considered humor by Mr. Baumbach who has continually railed against those who "belittle, besmirch, insult (etc. etc.)" the character of others, all the while belittling, besmirching, and insulting people.

    The more you try to dig yourself out, the deeper you go - much like quicksand. Pretty soon all we'll be able to hear is "gurgle, gurgle, gurgle." Then, thankfully, silence.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 2:46 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Ms Bobin stated...Mr. Baumbach...where is YOUR usual outrage

    Thanks for the humor Ms Bobin... I know to you it appears like outrage when in reality, I am simply making observations and commentary on thoughts that are interesting and important to me...

    as far as Mr Kinderman, he was sharing his experience and results from engaging with people like you. He finds it a wsate of time... you so aften accuse him of so many things one might think of that old saying " The Lady Doth Protest Too Much" applies here. One might think you have grown rather fond of Mr Kinderman's posts. You have kindly referred to him as a word smith and admired many of his writings. Are you still married Ms Bobin?

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 2:37 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Rush Limbaugh is obviously not a good comedian... he should leave the so called humor that left wing zealots who appreciate and enjoy sick humor that Bill Maher and NSNBC provide.
    He should stick to his normal political analysis and commentary that has maintained the largest mainstream audience in radio history.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 2:27 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    No Ms Bobin... Rush Limbaugh stated that if someone wanted to get paid for having sex, that would make that person as you described... please stop getting your news from the Stewart Show and Bill Maher... you will be more accurate.

    Here is the exact transcript so you cannot misquote... asking: "who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex—what does that make her? It makes her a s l u t, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex."

    Obviously, Mr Limbaugh was attempting humor that failed, but people with left agenda's like Ms Bobin an K Lee take great pleasure in twisting and misquoting... you know exactly what you are doing... don't you Ms Bobin?

    I would also agree with Andrew that Wade's comments about the National Defence Authorization Act is an important issue. However, freedom of speech which the left wants to manipulate is a concern of mine as well.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 2:24 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Liebich: The NDAA is opposed by the ACLU, the bain of the conservative right-wingnuts. That is why you will never see them making disparaging comments about it because that would show they SUPPORTED an ACLU cause.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 2:13 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Kinderman wrote: "Attempting to argue (debate) with a liberal/progressive is an exercise in absolute futility. In my opinion it's time that I already know is wasted prior to engagement. I only have myself to blame if I'm drawn in by their usual absurdity."

    Yes, Mr. Kinderman, we all know that you are much too good to debate with liberals, so why bother making irrelevant comments at all?

    Mr. Baumbach...where is YOUR usual outrage....Mr. Kinderman has NOT ADDED to the conversation and has only made an appearance here to mock, disparage, belittle, besmirch, etc. etc. Hypocrite.......................

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 2:08 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach stated: "What rational person would equate sway with a party with face of a party." (btw...that should have a ? at the end):

    A couple of examples for your edification, Mr. Baumbach:

    Rush Limbaugh was made an "honorary" member of Congress by Newt Gingrich in 1994.

    Clarence Thomas (yes, THAT Clarence Thomas) officiated at Limbaugh's 4th wedding.

    Republcan Rep. Jack Kingston made a tribute to Limbaugh on the House floor in October 2001 for "leading the way for the Republican cause."

    Missouri Republican Steve Tilley, speaker of the House, recently chose Rush Limbaugh to be immortalized in a bronze sculpture inside the state Capitol.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 1:42 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Baumbach reiterated: "K Lee stated...A woman is not a slute just because she decides to use birth control pills."

    and replied:

    "Since no one in the planet, galaxy or universe made this argument, her point is pointless."

    Mr. Baumbach...seriously...do you EVER know what you are talking about?

    Taking BC pills is EXACTLY WHY Rush Limbaugh called Ms. Fluke a s l u t and a
    p r o s t i t u t e. He said, if she is having so much sex that it costs $3000 over 3 years for birth control, that makes her a s l u t...it makes her a p r o s t i t u t e...

     
  • Andrew Liebich posted at 12:27 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Andrew Liebich Posts: 2848

    I'm often amazed by the fact that those who frequent this forum appear to remain in a state of being uninformed or unaware, willfully. What I find stupifying is that many of you exert more energy and waste more time to remain in this state than it takes to become informed and aware of what’s going on in the first place. I'll explain...

    Shouldn't SB 1867, a bill that legalizes the indefinate detainment, toture and killing of American citizens without due process be a little more important than the comments of a radio talk show personality? What about the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress which constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution?

    Q: Which of the issues raised in Wade's column have more of a direct impact on your life?
    A: It's not the comments made by a radio talk show host or a womens rights activist.

    When I wrote a letter to the editor back in December urging people to call their Senators and support the Udall ammendment Ms.Joanne Bobin actually said the following, "I don't pretend to know anything at all about this bill, and from the comments here, it sounds pretty scary, but doing a Google search on it brought up, in the first 30 references, only publications from extreme right-wing organizations, i.e., right-wing militias." and Mr. Baumbach actually said, "I cannot wait for this bill to pass."

    93 Senators just passed a bill that legalizes the indefinate detainment, toture and killing of American citizens without due process! It's written right in the Senate bill! It's public record! It is not a right/left issue! 93 Senators voted YES! Maybe some of you need to clear the cobwebs out of your head and open your eyes to understand what that means.

    Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey brazenly admitted last week that their authority comes not from the U.S. Constitution, but that the United States is subservient to and takes its marching orders from the United Nations and NATO! In boldly asserting the authority of the UN over and above the legislative branch, Panetta and Obama are openly declaring that they no longer represent the American people!

    As evidenced by the comments I have read here it is clear facts are no match for emotions and many will continue to remain a perpetual state of denial. For those of us paying attention and showing the appropriate level of concern Wade's Heath's efforts are much appreciated. As Thomas Jefferson once said, "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 12:21 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    K Lee stated...A woman is not a slute just because she decides to use birth control pills.

    Since no one in the planet, galaxy or universe made this argument, her point is pointless.

    Let me make an equal pointless argument. Just because a woman takes an aspirin does not mean she has a headache... might have thought it was a vitamin...

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 12:13 am on Wed, Mar 14, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Mr Kinderman stated...A very wise man told me recently that he believes liberalism to be a diagnosable mental disease. I agree and as such it should certainly be included in the DSM IV and those so afflicted should be granted the utmost sympathy but avoided if at all possible.

    Careful Mr Kinderman... if the crowd you are referring to catches on, they will no doubt mandate all health and disability insurance plans to cover this disease... results= dramatic increase in insurance premiums the working man pays for... how do you spell liberal cash cow? The sad result is that it leaves less resources available to pay for serious disabilities that are legitimate.

     
  • Kim Lee posted at 11:12 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Kim Lee Posts: 1798

    "Someone call the FCC!"

    Indeed.

     
  • Kim Lee posted at 11:11 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Kim Lee Posts: 1798

    Wade heath wrote, "The country is a-flutter over commentator Rush Limbaugh’s insulting remark about a young woman speaking about contraceptives. Now every enemy he’s ever had wants him yanked off the air."

    Every enemy? It was his own sponsors that were in a hurry to distance themselves from him.

     
  • Kim Lee posted at 10:27 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Kim Lee Posts: 1798

    A woman is not a slute just because she decides to use birth control pills.

     
  • Jerome Kinderman posted at 10:09 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Jerome R Kinderman Posts: 2301

    Attempting to argue (debate) with a liberal/progressive is an exercise in absolute futility. In my opinion it's time that I already know is wasted prior to engagement. I only have myself to blame if I'm drawn in by their usual absurdity.

    A very wise man told me recently that he believes liberalism to be a diagnosable mental disease. I agree and as such it should certainly be included in the DSM IV and those so afflicted should be granted the utmost sympathy but avoided if at all possible.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 7:58 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    .Ms Bobin stated..."publicly humiliated by Ms. Bobin...?" Needs no response, unless you really think that these blogs are "public" and anyone but the few who comment here read them...

    Thank you very much for admitting the accuracy of my post.

    When I state you humiliated Palin, you do not bother to refute that... You only retorted … few who comment here read them...in other words you are stating that not enough people read these posts to humiliate anyone important and famous like Palin...
    More accurately and to reflect reality, I was commenting about your intent... intent Ms Bobin. You intended to humiliate just like Maher. The results of the intent are irreverent. It just means you no no sway . Your position would be consistent with someone that dismisses attempted murder since they did not succeed...no crime. That is not how it works. Our society takes “INTENT” into account. You intended to humiliate. Your success or number of readers does not mitigate your pathetic sad hateful intentions.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 7:45 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Ms Bobin stated an irrelevant thought that demonstrates her faulty thinking.......Why? Do they actually have any sway with Democrats? ( says Ms Bobin as if sway has anything to do with the point)

    What rational person would equate sway with a party with face of a party. The SIEU union chief had had many personal visits with the president in the White House. The unions finance the democratic party in large measures. They have much more influence over the democrats that Limbaugh on the Republicans. The democrats are scared silly that a union president might be offended as it would mean less money for the dems. When Hoffa ranted and cursed at the Republicans, the democrats cowered in shame and refused to confront Hoffa's bad behavior...I do not see anyone saying the union is the face of the democratic party ( with a small p)

    Its why I said “IF”... get that Ms Bobin “IF” I was an extremist like you and the far left I would have used Bill Maher and/or the Union as the face of the democratic party... “IF” you had any common sense, you would know what the word if means and also would stop making excuses for the extreme bad behavior that you and the democrats spew by making phoney arguments that distrack from the truth..which is the Democrats are extremists in there attacks on women in the Republican Party and are Hypocrites when it comes to Limbaugh.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 6:55 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Part of Limbaugh's "apology" which made it all better:

    “I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress."

    Great apology...that had nothing what-so-ever to do with her testimony. And the charade began as Darrell Issa's response to the requirement of BC coverage under healthcare reform.

    Republicans....gotta wonder where their brains are. Three guesses...the first two don't count.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 6:48 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Maple wrote: "and tell me that she needs $3,000.00 a year for contraception (she can get it for free in many places, $635 a year for pills or $950 a year for condoms at PP) is not an innocent young woman by any measure."

    This just proves not Mr. Maple has not paid one iota of attention to the facts surrounding Ms. Fluke's testimony - probably just what he learned from the other uninformed individuals in this forum.

    Ms. Fluke said it cost $3000 over the span of 3 years in law school...not $3000 per year. Also, she was not speaking on her own behalf, but on the behalf of a fellow student who had to have an ovary removed because she could not afford the BC pills she needed to treat ovarian cysts. And Ms. Fluke is 30 years old...I think even you would agree that at age 30 one would not refer to themselves as "an innocent young woman."

    But no matter. Remain ignorant while claiming that you champion a woman's right to receive the proper reproductive health care. You've been talking out of both sides of your mouth, Mr. Maple...and making a fool of yourself.

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 6:40 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    HA HA. Mr. Baumbach and Mr. Maple really make me laugh.

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: "I would say that Ed Schultz, Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann are the true faces of the Democrat Party."

    Why? Do they actually have any sway with Democrats? Are Democrats AFRAID of crossing them? Do they get to speak at Democratic events? NO to all. You are kidding yourself, Mr. Baumbach - or more likely lying.

    Mr. Baumbach wrote: "Palin and other prominent ladies have been treated with disdain and publicly humiliated by Ms Bobin and other extreme liberals in our country."

    "publicly humiliated by Ms. Bobin...?" Needs no response, unless you really think that these blogs are "public" and anyone but the few who comment here read them. I am sure YOU wish, so the world can witness your wisdom, fairness, humor, compassion, intelligence, non-bias, blah, blah, blah..... HA HA!

    And have you read "Game Change" or seen the program? The image portrayed by Palin is backed by both Steve Schmidt (obviously not "our" Steve Schmidt) and Nicole Wallace who witnessed the charade of this imbecile who was way out of her element. Fortunately, she is being relegated to irrelevance - where she deserves to be.

     
  • Darrell Baumbach posted at 3:52 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Darrell Baumbach Posts: 9403

    Ms Bobin stated...The reason (and I believe this was covered before by both myself and by Mr. Schmidt) that Rush Limbaugh's behavior is more unacceptable is that HE is the FACE of the Republican Party.

    Ms Bobin did not write a complete sentence that reflects reality. It should have been written...Rush Limbaugh is the perceived face of the Republican Party by extreme left wing democrats.
    If I was a far right extremist, I would say that Ed Schultz, Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann are the true faces of the Democrat Party. If I did, I would be equally ridiculous and intellectually dishonest as anyone who would state Limbaugh is the face of Republicans...
    However, even if it were true that Limbaugh was the face ( which he is not), I would take issue with her position that status of the person in question matters. All people are equal in our country. We all deserve to be treated with respect. Palin and other prominent ladies have been treated with disdain and publicly humiliated by Ms Bobin and other extreme liberals in our country. It does not matter one bit who is making the derogatory statements. I defended Ms Palin from the likes of Ms Bobin when she is attacked and all I get from Bobin is... an insensitive cold accusation that she is my girlfriend.
    There needs to be civility across the boards. To say Bobin or Schmidt will not be outraged unless the status of the person is the perceived face of a party is outrageous.

     
  • Kevin Paglia posted at 3:01 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Kevin Paglia Posts: 1902

    Never liked Ted Nuggent. Always seemed like he may have taken one too many hits from bong to me. Hannity (I actually prefer to listen to Colmes) played a controversial clip to compare it to a controversial clip (misquote of Obama's comments about soldiers killing citizens ironic given current news).

    Both sides are very guilty of the same thing. Using extreme language to get a shock reaction. That is one reason i stopped listening to talk radio. I realized they were going to extremes to get people to talk and causing more controversy over what they said rather than what the issue was about.

    BTW, Rush has also apologized.

     
  • Patrick W Maple posted at 2:52 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Pat Maple Posts: 1805

    Get real ms b: Watch the woman as she turns to the audience for approval and then tuns back around with a big smile on her face...she was acting...she was in the spotlight! Look at me! I am important! I need a job! Any takers???

    I do not refute Mr Limbaugh...I believe he was spot on...this whole "hearing" was a set up not for women's rights but for free publicity. This woman is an extreme leftist women's rights advocate...which I have no problem with. However, for anyone to sit before a contrived hearing (just so she could talk) and tell me that she needs $3,000.00 a year for contraception (she can get it for free in many places, $635 a year for pills or $950 a year for condoms at PP) is not an innocent young woman by any measure. She was on stage getting her fifteen minutes of fame and creating the next generation of Boxers, Allreds, Feinsteins and Waters. Her firm's name may very well be Fluke, Fluke, Fluck and Fluck. Because it walks like a fluke, quacks like a fluke and fly's like a fluke...it is a fluke!

    In my generation if a woman was sleeping with several men she was known as a sult and worse (even if the acts were just rumors). She is NOT a good representative of women's rights or comport. My sister is, my mother-in-law is, my wife is, my mother was, my grandmothers was and a lot of my female friends are.

    Are you msb telling me you condone this kind of activity???

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 2:14 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Mr. Paglia - good comments in your first response about airports, btw.

    The reason (and I believe this was covered before by both myself and by Mr. Schmidt) that Rush Limbaugh's behavior is more unacceptable is that HE is the FACE of the Republican Party. He is the presumptive leader of the GOP. He is a keynote speaker at CPAC, many Republicans refuse to condemn his behavior (just look at Romney, Santorum, and Paul's expert dodges), many Republicans wouldn't dare refute any other comments he makes, and they would never do anything to get him upset.

    Bill Maher and/or Ed Schulz (who, btw, made a public apology on his TV program for the comment he made on his RADIO show about Laura Ingraham) are NOT representatives of the Democratic Party. Maher, in fact, is a libertarian (much like yourself, but without the 4-letter words).

    Another example of conservative TV host, Sean Hannity (not an entertainer) endorsing disgusting behavior - I had to put the link in because the language would never be accepted by the LNS:

    http://mediamatters.org/research/200708270006

     
  • Kevin Paglia posted at 1:21 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Kevin Paglia Posts: 1902

    Ms Bobin. You made the same statements when I said the same thing when the issue first came up. I was not justifying Rush's big mouth then and I don't think Wade is doing it here. Our question is this, why did liberals get so upset when Rush said it but NOT when their own say the same things and worse?

    The answer is pretty easy. If you have ever been to a sports game you would know it is simply a case of "ok for my team to do but not for the other team to do". Hockey and football are great examples of this. If your defender puts his hand on the wide receiver and the ball is dropped then there is no way that is pass interference. But the same thing happening to your wide receiver and it must be holding.

    The bias acceptance according to what we like is a powerful barrier to accepting others. As Rush's idiotic statements have proven. What he said was wrong. But why isn't it wrong when liberals say the same things?

     
  • Joanne Bobin posted at 12:59 pm on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Joanne Bobin Posts: 4485

    Breitbart -> KARMA

    Another idiotic column from an individual with opinions that are never substantiated with facts or examples. Wade should try reading the columns of a few professionals and get some tips. Even Bill O'Reilly's columns, however I may disagree with many of his viewpoints, are backed by evidence.

    Instead of pointing at others' bad behavior to justify your support of Rush Limbaugh, Mr. Heath, why not tell us why Limbaugh's behavior IS justified? I am sure that when he made those disgusting and vile comments about Ms. Fluke, he didn't first think (not that Limbaugh really ever thinks) - "Maher said all those nasty things, why shouldn't I?"

     
  • Kevin Paglia posted at 9:12 am on Tue, Mar 13, 2012.

    Kevin Paglia Posts: 1902

    "When was the last time you had rights in an airport?"

    Despite what some people think air travel is NOT a right. In fact when you are at the airport the only right you are guaranteed (others implied) is that to turn around and leave if you don't like the measures taken for safe travel.

    Complaining about going through security measures to fly is like going to a concert and complaining that the music is too loud and violates your rights. You have made a purchase and agreed to the terms of that purchase which is to be subjected to a reasonable security search.

    Yes I know I used the term reasonable on purpose. Some TSA agents have had power go to their head and use the letter of the terms of agreement (searches) instead of spirit of the ToA, safety.

     

Recent Comments

Posted 3 hours ago by Thomas Heuer.

article: Letter: Advertisement was inappropriate

Andrew Please note I just returned from a week in Washington state (great fireworks) and upon return I caught up on emails and social media…

More...

Posted 3 hours ago by Andrew Liebich.

article: Letter: We need to stop meddling, spend…

Let's try this OK...[lol] Yes Christina, you are correct, "The president is supporting Al Nusra" a group that Obama's own State …

More...

Posted 4 hours ago by Jerome Kinderman.

article: Letter: Advertisement was inappropriate

Ms. Welch - first, the reason that there's a "reply" button on each comment is to keep separate conversations/debates together an…

More...

Posted 4 hours ago by Jerome Kinderman.

article: Letter: Advertisement was inappropriate

And the State of California voted to make marriage between one man and one woman. That was shot down by the Supreme Court as I am sure you …

More...

Posted 6 hours ago by Christina Welch.

article: Letter: Who’s keeping tabs on the water?

A very valid question, Ms Owens. I would expect to see a response from members of all three of the parties addressed in this letter. I do…

More...

Video

Popular Stories

Poll

Loading…

Mailing List

Subscribe to a mailing list to have daily news sent directly to your inbox.

  • Breaking News

    Would you like to receive breaking news alerts? Sign up now!

  • News Updates

    Would you like to receive our daily news headlines? Sign up now!

  • Sports Updates

    Would you like to receive our daily sports headlines? Sign up now!

Manage Your Lists