Candidates for 2008: They're preposterous!

Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 10:00 pm

The best quotation from either the Republican or Democratic convention came from New York Gov. David Paterson when he said, "If he's the answer, then the question must be ridiculous."

Paterson's observation referred to Republican presidential nominee John McCain. But it applies with equal accuracy to McCain's opponent, Barack Obama, and their vice-presidential choices, Joe Biden and Sarah Palin.

They're all preposterous!

The only good thing to say about election year 2008 is that it will be tough in future years to find less qualified candidates who have such little appeal to enlightened voters.

I'll hand it to the Democrats for nominating one of the few from its party that gives McCain, a mirror image of the least popular president in American history, a fighting chance.

I won't be watching any of McCain's or Obama's self-aggrandizing performances as they debase themselves by uttering the same worn-out platitudes we all know by heart.

And I'll not be reading any of their predictable speeches tailored to whatever specific voting bloc they're addressing at that particular instant.

Most certain of all is that, unless a loaded pistol is held at my head, I won't vote for either.

Nevertheless, I do have a few simple suggestions for the candidates that might actually help them in their White House quest.

Since the nation just suffered through an endless primary season with a gazillion meaningless debates and two exceedingly tedious conventions, I'd like to remind the candidates of the age-old adage: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

We've heard what they have to say. We either believe or we don't. Few minds will be changed between today and Election Day.

Accordingly, I recommend that the nominees drastically curtail all their public appearances until mid-October. Let the Internet, the bloggers and the 24-hour news talking heads keep their names in the public eye.

Their campaigning should be limited to the three states that will decide the November winner: Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida.

Why should McCain visit California or Obama go to Texas? Neither has a chance in either state.

For Obama, I offer specific counsel. Please stop promoting "change you can believe in." You have absolutely no record of change or reform. The same bigmoney sharks support you that supported George W. Bush.

As for McCain and his GOP cronies, please no more feigned concern about Hurricane Gustav victims or retroactive hand wringing about Katrina.

If they're so troubled, let them do something tangible. McCain owns at least seven houses. His wife Cindy has her own jet.

Fly to Louisiana, pick up some displaced residents from New Orleans and Baton Rouge and put them up for a few weeks.

The sad truth is that the American political system is beyond immediate repair.

America has a largely uninformed and uninterested electorate. Lobbyists, special interest and ethnic-identity groups have inordinate sway. Politicians, constantly campaigning, move from one election to the next, dodging most of the real issues and providing only superficial answers to those few questions they can't avoid.

Maybe the answer can be found in the East.

The Japanese government fascinates me. Ineffectual leaders step down rather than continue to politically slug it out with little chance of success.

Twice within the last years, two Japanese prime ministers - Yasuo Fukuda and Shinzo Abe - resigned amid widespread disgust with their performances.

Abe promoted a conservative agenda to restore national pride and core Japanese values. But voters, who are more worried about their economic future, dismissed it as out of touch.

His successor, Fukuda, was done-in by a weakening economy combined with negative domestic growth and increasing retail prices, especially food. Financial market analysts dismissed Fukada's $18 billion economic stimulus as ineffectual.

Hmmm … Does any of that sound familiar? A "conservative agenda," "restore national pride," "weakening economy," "increasing prices" and a failed economic stimulus package.

If those negatives are strong enough to bring down Japanese leadership, then the same should apply in America, where we have the identical concerns.

The shame is that although the U.S. has a democratic government, we haven't learned how to take full advantage of it.

Joe Guzzardi recently changed his party affiliation from Democrat to Independent. He is still looking for a presidential candidate worthy of his vote. Contact him at guzzjoe@yahoo.com.

• posted at 7:40 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

wtf: I think in the original list of candidates, 2 of them had a major stake in the 9/11 attacks. Maybe 3 if I spend much time thinking about it.

• posted at 7:38 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

wtf: Henry Kissinger was behind Bush. Kissinger is into the World Bank. 2004, Kerry and Bush were both Skull and Bones. This year, Kissinger is behind one of our candidates, again.

• posted at 6:19 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

(Your) You're

• posted at 6:17 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Wtf, I think your feigning ignorance in an attempt to get out of it, but I want an answer. Is your source an idiot, or are you a coward? How can anyone here believe anything you say if you don't stand behind it. Do you admit your wrong?

• posted at 6:10 pm on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Wtf, you said you had it on good inside information that Obama was leading the election 70% to 30% for McCain. See Sept 8th at 7:22 P.M. I simply want you to put your money where your pie hole is. I guess you spend so much time spreading so much ignorance that even YOU cant keep up with it. Check it out, and get back to me with your answer coward.

• posted at 10:03 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

This just popped in my head and I checked YouTube to see if they had it. This video sums up this year's elections in a nutshell. For those of you old enough, it's a blast from the past.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFRSawe33sA

• posted at 7:49 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

This is an excellent video by CNN I-Report. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Republicans screwed up BIG time by not choosing Ron Paul as the Republican candidate.http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=493

• posted at 7:34 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Came across this article on Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic. I know this link might start the "usual suspects" on their spurious ad hominem attacks in an effort to destroy any meaningful dialogue; yet I found it very odd that, to get accurate coverage, it took foreign news coverage. I've stated before, that there are many in the world who would like to see Ron Paul as president; just check out the comments section on the article.http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2008/09/200893194738167535.html

• posted at 6:59 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Update on Caribou Barbie: The first link has some profanity, so pass it up if that is offensive to you; however, I linked it because the author points out how the link on the Alaska government page "Can't be found" - being curious, I tried it, and Lo! It **re-appeared** with the note of NEW! by the budget. Can you say cooked books?I knew you can!http://www.moderateindependent.com/v6iAug292008ashtonpalin.htmhttp://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/09/11/unfit_to_stand_so_close_to_presidency/http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment/columnists/lifestyle-columnists/joan-burnie/2008/09/12/sarah-palin-is-a-disaster-in-waiting-86908-20733247/

• posted at 5:08 am on Fri, Sep 12, 2008.

Thanks for the clarification, DanielH. I have to agree with you regarding the short term memory syndrome of most Americans.Geez! I knew Jr. would be a problem in 2000 and was hoping it would be remedied in 2004; but, with the help of "We Deliver Votes" Diebold and the American population's problems with amnesia, it was more of the same.This is why I told rv in an earlier post that, though Cynthia McKinney looks promising, I have to do more research on her. You would think, that the voting public would research before an election.Unfortunately, too many in our society are content to "go along" and then complain after the fact. As for memory, I have a **long** one. LOL!

• posted at 3:21 pm on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

wtf: What I am saying is that US Citizens only have short-term memory that purges every 3-1/2 years.This causes the memory of the average US Citizen-voter to be completely void of what happened in the previous election.When a president is elected, it is usually with around 50% approval rating around the time of election.After the US Citizens have a chance to learn about the president-elect, usually the approval rating goes down.The cycle repeats itself.

• posted at 5:55 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

rv I'm still doing research on McKinney; but, I'm willing to bet that the "Communist" label is more a smear than a reality.Do you have any hard evidence to show me to back up your assertion?

• posted at 5:27 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

FYI: Cynthia McKinney, communist. Tell us "wtf", what does wtf stand for?

• posted at 4:01 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

Ron Paul is now on the November ballot in Louisiana and Montana as a choice for president. Hell probably be added to many more states ballots before November; however, I sense this wont happen in California. But Cynthia McKinney WILL be on the ballot come November; therefore I have a lot of homework to do between now and then since I still might write in Ron Pauls name; but I also might vote for Cynthia McKinney because when it comes to the issues that Americans are concerned about, she makes Obama look like McLames identical twin; or maybe its the Three Stooges - Larry, Curly and Moe - McCain, Obama and Bush.Cynthia McKinneyThe **real** pitbull with lipstick! LOL!

• posted at 4:01 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

Plus the Green platform - at this point in time - is pretty much in alignment with quite a few of my beliefs. The preamble mentions 2004, this appears to be when it was written, regardless of when it was written, I pretty much agree with its 10 key values.http://gp.org/platform/2004/intro.html#998247Here are a few videos as a result of Ron Pauls press conference yesterdayhttp://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=491http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=488http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/30258/video

• posted at 4:00 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

Given that McLame recently used hurricane Gustav as a PR opportunity - Gustav was a Cat I hurricane when it hit land and was quickly downgraded to a tropical storm - the **only** thing McSame was concerned about was Ron Paul in Minnesota - AND given that hurricane Ike is projected to become a Cat 3 or Cat 4 hurricane when it hits landfall near Houston, Texas, not to mention my daughter is down there - where is McSame?I thought so.no photo opp. But McKinney is right to the pointhttp://votetruth08.com/index.php/media/videos?task=videodirectlink&id=17Here are a couple other videos of Cynthia McKinneyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QGiEN9VWIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03cOM9r51Nw

• posted at 3:59 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

I really liked how she wouldnt let go of the questions of who received the contracts, how long they had them and how much the American taxpayers were paying for them. This is because of our current economic situation in the U.S. and all the no-bid contracts BushCo have, and are, awarding their cronies as the American middle class wealth is being transferred into BushCos pockets - the Freddie and Fannie bailout being the most recent.Today being the anniversary of 9-11, I also like the way she wants more info on this. Almost 80% of the American people think that the official report has holes so big in it you could drive a mack truck through them and they want answers. Many of those questioning the official version of 9-11 are those who lost family members on 9-11. She also questioned Chertoff on his handling of Katrina.

• posted at 3:59 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

If the American people are serious about change, then McKinney is the one for the job. Shes everything the mainstream candidates are not; yet she has all characteristics the MSM are pushing that they define as change A. Shes a female - watch out PalinB. Shes black - watch out ObamaC. Shes Roman Catholic - watch out BidenD. Shes NOT McCain - watch out Bush, er, McSameYou want to talk about a pitbull with lipstick? Geez! This woman makes Palin look like a yippy little Chihuahua or some other yappy little dog you want to put a muzzle on. Watch how she sinks her teeth into Rumsfeld and gives him a shake or two.http://votetruth08.com/index.php/media/videos?task=videodirectlink&id=2

• posted at 3:59 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

You know, Joe, yesterday Ron Paul gave a press conference. He told his supporters that he doesnt rule out a write-in campaign entirely; but he did urge us to look at the third party candidates running for President. So I did and was pleasantly surprised.Theres Chuck Baldwin for the Constitution Party, Ralph Nader for the Peace and Freedom Party, Bob Barr for the Libertarian Party and Cynthia McKinney for the Green Party. I recognized all the names; but the one that jumped out at me was Cynthia McKinney.

• posted at 3:58 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

Cogito, from your post of Sep 11, 2008 12:17 AM - all I can say is:You have definitely lost it, my friend. I have no idea what you are talking about.DanielH no one asked you to watch the videos. They are there for those who wish to do so; but you may be right about no election come November.

• posted at 12:21 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

American citizens who don't even know what a citizen is, and how to vote without consulting with their favorite news media addiction, deserve these candidates. How fitting.Just 1 year after the election, the headlines will read about how the American people (the citizens) disapprove of their new president.Frankly, I'm still not convinced that there is going to be an election.

• posted at 12:16 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

Guzzardi: Waste of time to criticize either of two identical candidates that are already nominated. During their campaigns for nomination, I don't recall any articles about suppression of Ron Paul. The news media turned him into an Orwellian nonperson. So now that they are nominated, you boost your ratings by criticizing them both at the same time.

• posted at 12:13 am on Thu, Sep 11, 2008.

wtf: FYI, I didn't watch either of the speeches.

• posted at 7:21 pm on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Wtf, to make it civil, $250.00 per couple including a 20% tip. That's a reasonable ceiling.

• posted at 7:17 pm on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Wtf, you said 70%, all I want is 60% and you can't even give me that? If you avoid my wager this last time, you are ADMITTING your friend is an idiot and you are a COWARD! Come on, dinner and wine at Biba? Masons? The Kitchen? Mortons? The Firehouse? You pick, I like them all.

• posted at 5:16 pm on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

I would like to nominate Joe Guzzardi for president!!

• posted at 9:01 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Ron Paul gave his statement to the Press Corps today, and it looks like you represent about 60% of the voting public, Joe.Ron Paul Third Party Press Conference September 10, 2008http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz7maOrGW3YText:http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=483

• posted at 8:24 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

"It looks like John McCain's speech beat Barack Obama's in the ratings. That's like 'American Idol' being beaten byreruns of 'Matlock'."- Jay Leno - and - Top Ten Signs You're Talking to a Fake Kim Jong-Il10. Doesn't smile when you mention torturing dissidents9. He's 6'5'', 250 pounds8. Introduces himself by saying, "Hi, I'm Gary uh, crap, I mean Kim Jong-Il"7. He seems Kimmy and Jongy, but not quite Illy6. Your wife recognizes him as the Kim Jong-Il look-alike who stripped at her bachelorette party5. Keeps using the phrase, "Chillax, bro"4. He pays for drinks3. Won't shut up about the new "90210"2. He's only half insane1. Keeps referring to himself as "just a hockey mom"

• posted at 6:51 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

The following powerpoint presentation could also explain why Palin was thrown into the presidential race.On the following linkhttp://www.richhumor.com/2008/01/28/the-castle-at-ibizancp/Click on the linkTheCastleatIbiza.ppsClick through the powerpoint presentation until you get to the photo - the photo that will explain Palin's presence in the prez race...and wait because there's a message for you. ;)

• posted at 6:29 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

sam these could explain why the issue seemed suspicious to you.Georgia war is a neocon election ployhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/12/EDCD129NI4.DTLIn the Caucasus, a fake cold warhttp://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20080831/focus/focus3.html

• posted at 5:47 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

wtf: WOW! That was interesting!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NbUl183y8

• posted at 5:28 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

wtf said "They began reporting when Russia retaliated by invading Georgia AFTER Georgia had been the aggressor by invading South Ossetia and killing Russian Peacekeepers."THANK YOU. I saw that. Georgia attacked first. AND once Russia rushed in to help the people of South Ossetia, did you notice the President of Georgia in a live interview asked "where is McCain and his help."NOT where is the US or where is Bush. That whole issue is suspicious.

• posted at 4:39 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Hate to be the one to break it to you Cogito, Robb, SportsGuru....but you all been had. LOL!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NbUl183y8

• posted at 4:31 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

On this day, September 10, 2001, seven years ago....http://benfrank.net/patriots/news/national/pentagon_missing_trillionsRead the following on another website:"But lucky for Don, the very next day the media had something else to look at, and even luckier for Don, the airplane that hit the Pentagon circled around the building and slammed into the section of the very offices where auditors were trying to find just who wound up with all that cash."Lucky, lucky, Don."

• posted at 4:08 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Wow, Bloviato! If you really **do** "think" as you claim, you're in trouble... LOL!http://www.neatorama.com/2008/09/04/a-free-thinker-is-satans-slave/

• posted at 4:05 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

One BILLION U.S. taxpayer dollars to Georgia; a country most in the U.S. couldn't find on a map.What about the upcoming Hurricane Ike? And where is McLame?http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=20080909_hurricane_ike_update_gulf_of_mexico_texas.htmOh, that's right! McLame can't use this hurricane as a photo op; so tough cookies for those in its path.

• posted at 3:56 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Actually, Bloviato, the quote I used regarding Russia came from Pravda, a Russian news source.The simple fact is, **all** news agencies spin their stories to suit their agendas; however, if you look at U.S. sources and then at Russian sources, you will find, hopefully, somewhere in the middle, a close proximity of the actual events.Once again, Ron Paul calls it. In the video below, the gov shill tries to paint Russia as the aggressor and this is how the U.S. MSM has painted it. They began reporting when Russia retaliated by invading Georgia AFTER Georgia had been the aggressor by invading South Ossetia and killing Russian Peacekeepers.But because you have such a narrow grasp of the obvious, you wouldn't be aware of this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygg2uWsKK6w

• posted at 3:40 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

WTF, what's the genesis of Diebold being involved in our elections? Florida Democrats who cried foul because they were too dumb to figure out how to read a punch card ballot. Blame the Democrats.

• posted at 3:37 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Tandc, I never quoted FOX even once. You would know that if you read.

• posted at 3:35 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Speaking of conspiracies....looks like the neocons are out to steal **another** election. This time, they plan on doing so as they speak out of both sides of their mouths i.e., "we support the troops" but "we plan on suppressing their absentee votes."Because, Bloviato, deployed soldiers **do** have to vote absentee and they have, respectively, supported Ron Paul and Obama, more than McLame.http://firedoglake.com/2008/09/08/the-new-von-spakovsky-voter-suppression-crusade-absentee-ballots/http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=9183Failing suppression of absentee voters, caging voters, etc., the neocons will, or course, fall back on rigging the vote via "we deliver votes" Diebold.http://it.slashdot.org/it/08/09/09/1426246.shtml**This** is what those fake "polls" in the MSM are setting the American public up for...the stealing of another election.**************BREAKING NEWS************http://www.theonion.com/content/video/diebold_accidentally_leaks

• posted at 3:34 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

If you want untouched legit just watch the Canadian news. They'll tell you how fraudulent and what spinners the whole lot ot them are. Why do you really think the voting numbers go down each and every year? They're either the votes disqualified by the neokkkons or liberals or the free thinkers that won't vote for any of the con men and their gangs of greed Think for yourself instead of just being one of those bahhhs in the sheepherd.

• posted at 3:30 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

cogito, "Faux" is legit, right? ROFLMAO

• posted at 3:29 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

wtf,I do see one of John McCain's that's the most visible: his love of looking constantly at Ms. Palin's buttocks. He'll certainly give the "bobber" Mr. Dole a run for the Viagra commercial spot, if nothing else. I think the :swiftboaters" are about ready to be unleashed on McCain, and reveal the real truth about his preferential treatment in the "hospital" POW camp.

• posted at 3:26 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Wtf, you use opednews, the company that bills ITSELF as "Progressive Tough Liberal News and Opinion". Wow! You really have a skewed view of reality.

• posted at 3:22 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Wtf, I'm not the one seeing a conspiracy under every rock. That would be you and your idol Jesse Ventura.

• posted at 3:16 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Cogito wrote: "...legitimate pollsters like CNN..."CNN's legit, right?OK, if you say so...."Russia Today TV channel journalists, who worked in the city of Tskhinvali, accuse CNN of forgery in the coverage of the conflict between Georgia and South Ossetia, RIA Novosti reports."

• posted at 2:30 am on Wed, Sep 10, 2008.

Cogito, better change your name to Bloviate because "think" you don't! LOL! Unless, of course, you consider parroting FAUX "news" thinking.

• posted at 7:54 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Sports Guru, excellent post, you nailed it uh uh uh about uh uh ummm Obama and uh uh his uh umm speech impediment. He'll spend half his time in the debates stammering aimlessly, looking for words that haven't been scripted for him. But, that may be to his advantage, considering what he will say will hurt him.

• posted at 7:49 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Wtf, you better start getting your information from legitimate sources, and "The Huffington Post" isn't one of them. Why don't you check out the latest data on the Washington Posts website from legitimate pollsters like CNN and Gallup. I think you'll find your gloating to be a bit premature. Bahahahahaha!

• posted at 6:30 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Voter, I seriously doubt this investigative team is searching out Palins idealism regarding policy issues. They're looking for the kind of dirt reality show junkies wallow in. Fact OR innuendo, they're looking for anything they can manipulate voters with. I just hope there are like minded people in the GOP doing the same to B.O.

• posted at 6:25 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Voter, since Obama has only ideas and very few details, I think that would be a very short discussion. Don't you think the investigation of Palin borders even slightly on overkill? On desperation would be more like it.

• posted at 4:36 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Cogito, are you suggesting that investigating your opponent makes someone a slimeball? Are you suggesting that investigating Obama and Biden would be beneath the Republican party? Why would this be news? All of this politics of personality makes me believe that reality TV has created a nation of idiots, incapable of discussing anything but gossip. Can we discuss policy issues?

• posted at 4:01 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Robb, you'll find that there's not a lot of cognitive abilities here ( me being the exception of course). Just a lot of people who think what they're told to think. Probably due to all the Central and eastern European ancestry, history has shown that they're an obedient lot.

• posted at 3:44 pm on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Voter, did you hear the story today about the slimeball Democrat party sending a team of 30 plus lawers and other gutter dwelling investigators to Palins small town in an effort to dig up all the dirt they can on her? Yeah, Obama seeks the high road. He's nothing more than a party puppet, he just doesn't know it yet. Wtf, check out the latest polling from the Washington Post. McCain has a 20% upswing amongst a certain demographic group (from minus 8 to plus 12). That group would be white women. Looks like things are changing. What about our bet on the 60% Obaba win? You chicken, or do you just admit your source is an idiot?

• posted at 11:32 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Obviously the attention span here is hopelessly lost, I assumed Lodi was a more free-thinking area, I guess I was wrong...sheep....

• posted at 10:59 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

As for Caribou Barbie, this article says it allWake Up, America! - The Morning After America's Blind Date with Sarah Palinhttp://www.opednews.com/articles/Wake-Up-America--The-Mo-by-Robert-McElvaine-080908-126.htmlKind of reminds me of Tulipmania outlined in the book "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" Make sure to read the book's description.http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/164427-ebook.htm

• posted at 10:53 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Below is an article on the list of McCain's lobbyists. I hope someone has a list of Obama's lobbyists so that an objective comparison can be made and not just spurious accusations - which seem to be the case.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-matzzie/john-mccains-lobbyists-th_b_102501.html

• posted at 9:11 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

This is an **excellent** article.http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/And-Then-We-Will-Die-by-Angie-Riedel-080909-735.html

• posted at 8:29 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

So much for McCain's "bounce" LOL!http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/page_poll.php?show=votes&pid=196But this poll seems real popular, too.http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/page_poll.php?show=votes&pid=195

• posted at 8:08 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

SportsGuru wrote "He blinks, stammers and stutters so much that it is uncomfortable to watch."I'm sure you are referring of McCain.

• posted at 7:18 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

.I'll hand it to the Democrats for nominating one of the few from its party that gives McCain..a fighting chance.I gotta agree with you there. They seem to do that EVERY PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.Michael Dukakis (riding in that tank)Al Gore (environmental robot)John Kerry (purple heart mania)Barak Obama (brain freeze)They sure know how to pick 'em.I cannot watch Obama speak off the cuff. He blinks, stammers and stutters so much that it is uncomfortable to watch. I think that is going to ultiimately irritate the public when the debates come around. HE OVERTHINKS EVERYTHING and doesn't speak from the heart.

• posted at 6:37 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Well would you look at this:Fannie, Freddie rescue binds taxpayers to housing marketAnd this was in the article:"In a worst case, the cost could run well above the roughly $125 billion that taxpayers spent in the early 1990s to insure depositors in failed savings-and-loan institutions, some mortgage-market experts say."Say didn't that crisis happen under Daddy Bush with another Bush son, Neil was it, connected with one of the banks that went under? Similar to McCain's son's involvement with the recent bank closure in Nevada.http://news.yahoo.com/story//csm/20080909/ts_csm/atakeoverAnd here's aBLAST FROM THE PASTThis is what Ron Paul had to say about Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and bailouts - get this - ***FIVE YEARS*** ago tomorrow.http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul128.htmlAnd yet, the neocon "news" call Ron Paul "fringe"???!!!?

• posted at 6:03 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Man! Those fish are filling up my boat! All this flip-flopping around might capsize the Ship of State. LOL!http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/325.html

• posted at 3:30 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Cogito I promised at 4:29 pm Sep 8 that I would check back for your inane comment. Boy! You don't disappoint! There's a whole, steaming pile of inane comments! They've been duly noted.Lodian thanks for the comment at 10:22 pm Sep 8. I noticed Robb never gave me an account of what he considers an "educated" vote; but I really didn't think he would.sam did you see Michelle Obama's speech? I have to say that hers is the only speech I watched in its entirety. She appeared polished and sincere and Obama looked tired on the screen.Michelle Obama impressed me very much. But Palin, I couldn't stomach watching her. She reminded me too much of a staged product. The words "con job" and "harpy" kept coming to mind.

• posted at 1:58 am on Tue, Sep 9, 2008.

Just curious, Cogito, are you not concerned about policy? This seems the determining factor we should be focused on. I agree that personality should not be a huge factor, as long as the candidate seems fit to lead and negotiate in a professional manner. These "relationships" that bother you seem trivial to me, but if I did feel as strongly about them as you do, I would be equally concerned about McCain's campaign team, all money grubbing lobbyists, and Palin's connection with her extremist pastor and the Alaska secession folks.

• posted at 7:32 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote "If McCain wins our First Lady will be waaaay better looking than if Obama wins."Cogito: Hmmm, looks like you have the obsession with looks.

• posted at 6:36 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote "Lodian, I was referring to your intellectual objectivity, not the physical characteristics of your candidate. Even though, I know that's one of the things you look for."Cogito: What the heck? That's just a bizarre comment. LOL!

• posted at 6:15 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

If looks are so important to you Lodian, you must admit, If McCain wins our First Lady will be waaaay better looking than if Obama wins.

• posted at 5:47 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

• posted at 5:44 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

OTH, I really had no problem with Bill Clintons personal life, just as I don't care if McCain had an affair almost 2 decades ago. J.F.K used to drive the Secret Service crazy with his insatiable appetite for prostitutes. He even shared a concubine with a mob boss. I had problems with Clintons questionable relationships with people like Charlie Tre, and Johnny Chung, not Monica. I care about a persons qualifications, and I consider things like the political people they surround themselves with. If you have a friend who is a convicted, unapologetic domestic terrorist, and you refuse to distance yourself from that person, I consider that a problem. If you have past ties to Louis Farrakhan, I consider that a problem. If you say "I could no more disown Jeremiah Wright than I could disown a member of my own family", then a week later completely disown him, I think that says a lot about your sense of honor and character. Who is running this man? Because I don't think it's him. He's just a political product that I ain't buying.

• posted at 5:27 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote "Lodian, the problem with you, and others that think like you here, is that you view Obama with the same intellectual objectivity that a 4 year old views Santa Claus."Cogito: No, I didn't even like my choices in the beginning, but I try to keep up with all that is going on and I have my eyes wide open. I think the old gray man you speak of is McCain. Is Palin Santa's little helper?

• posted at 5:22 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Robb wrote "wtf: All i am saying is a vote for mr paul, is an uneducated one.."Robb: I don't think anyone here can honestly say that wtf is uneducated about Ron Paul. wtf has been a Ron Paul supporter for a long time.

• posted at 5:19 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

sam wrote "Also with kids of my own who are voters I know they do not have land phone lines. They are impossible to poll even though they are in their 30's."sam: That's a good point. My kids are the same.. no land line.

• posted at 4:46 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Lodian, the problem with you, and others that think like you here, is that you view Obama with the same intellectual objectivity that a 4 year old views Santa Claus. That includes the msm. If he wins the election, you'll find out he's a fraud too. But, if he wins, I hope I'm wrong about him, but I don't think I am.

• posted at 4:40 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Wtf, how can someone rig an election by broadcasting bad polling data? Those R.P. kooks have warped your sense of reason.

• posted at 4:38 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Wtf, how much are you willing to wager that Obama doesn't get even 60% of the vote. Your source is a moron.

• posted at 4:36 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Sam, freddie mac and fannie mae wouldn't be in the trouble they're in if those on the left side of the aisle hadn't cried for lower standards so more minority borrowers could buy a house. Let's give credit where credit is due.

• posted at 3:07 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

wtf, I do know the polls are off. I am polled weekly and I say I am still thinking McCain. I want to keep those young voters fired up.Also with kids of my own who are voters I know they do not have land phone lines. They are impossible to poll even though they are in their 30's.

• posted at 3:03 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

wtf, thanks for the post. I guess I missed it.

• posted at 2:22 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

sam I know you're an Obama supporter and I've been seeing all over the net today how McCain and Obama are allegedly in a dead heat poll-wise.This isn't true. I know a guy who works for a news station and he told me the poll numbers are rigged. In other words, they make up the numbers they want in order to INFLUENCE TV viewers on who to vote for.It seems the neocons are going to try and steal another election. Check out the five or six corporations that own all the U.S. networks and think about who they want for prez, you'll see why McLame has suddenly "surged"Actual numbers are closer to 70% for Obama vs. 30% or less for McSame.

• posted at 2:18 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Robb by your remark, I would surmise you have never looked at any of Congressman Paul's writings or heard him speak.Even the other members of Congress grudgingly admire him, and it was Ron Paul who called it on the housing bubble as well as the current Freddie and Fannie mess months ago.If you think that's uneducated, you're entitled to your opinion; but what would you call an educated vote?

• posted at 2:14 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

sam, I posted a link to an article for you Sep 8, 2008 at 10:07 AM.

• posted at 2:10 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

CogitoThe press is real quiet about John McCains affair he had. But I guess 100 million buys a lot of silence. Why is he any different than Clinton. Whom I abhor by the way.

• posted at 1:37 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Palin said today the Freddie Mac and Fannie May have "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers."Huh? The companies aren't ( or weren't) taxpayer funded but operated as private companies. scary stuff.

• posted at 1:03 pm on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

wtf:All i am saying is a vote for mr paul, is an uneducated one..

• posted at 11:29 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote (almost 2 and a half hours ago): "I'm just having some fun. You R.P. supporters obviously have trouble reading people BESIDES politicians."I was only having a bit of fun, too, Cogito. I read you just fine...it seems that neocons are so obtuse they have trouble reading sarcasm. LOL!This time, I **really** have things to do; but I promise to check back and see what inane comment you come up with. ;)

• posted at 10:28 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote "Lodian, don't call me names, tell me where I'm wrong."Ohhh, snap! Cogito wrote "Do you really think that the msm has done their job informing us about who Obama really is?"Again...more questions when answers were requested. Geez louise! Oh, and yes, the dirt diggers have tried very hard to get something on Obama. They came up short.

• posted at 9:12 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Wtf, "you don't have anything to say", so you have nothing more to say. I'm just having some fun. You R.P. supporters obviously have trouble reading people BESIDES politicians.

• posted at 8:59 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

So much anger, Cogito! My, my! You don't really have anything to say, so you say crazy things about sausages....O-o-o.K.Think I'll leave the board to you and girard so you can pat each other on the back....

• posted at 8:56 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

One of Jesse's so called pieces of evidence regarding the towers being brought down by our government is that they "fell at the speed of gravity". Well, what other speed did he expect them to fall? How would the self proclaimed "demolitions expert" explain the disparity in the rate of fall between bombs and planes. The guy's just an idiot, and so is anyone who believes ANYTHING he says.

• posted at 8:51 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

You know, Cogito, on second thought, perhaps you're right; maybe Governor Jesse Ventura is as much of a whack job as Governor "God wills the Iraq War and an Oil Pipeline" Sarah Palin.

• posted at 8:50 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Wtf, I'd bet that more people here eat sausages than read your links. Bahahahahaha!

• posted at 8:49 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Wtf, you call me ignorant and YOU are the R.P. supporter? That's HYSTERICAL!

• posted at 8:47 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Wtf, I doubt that my stepbrother would vote for me either. He's a druggie and an alcoholic who lives in his car half the time. I quit giving him money, he doesn't call anymore.

• posted at 8:46 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito said: "Also wtf, the only links I do are sausages. MMMMMMMMMMM sausages."Your loss. It explains your ignorance.

• posted at 8:45 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito, yes I did catch the shindig, along with 84,000 viewers in 91 countries on just **one** website (no telling how many on the others - four others of which I was aware of).Ventura was a bit rough; but he made some sense. Apparently, you didn't bother to actually **listen**

• posted at 8:44 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Also wtf, the only links I do are sausages. MMMMMMMMMMM sausages.

• posted at 8:43 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

This just shows how crazy everything is...Palin's mother-in-law, Cindy McCain's half sister and her son, are all voting for Obama. LOL! The son went a step further and said he wouldn't vote at all before he voted for McCain.http://omg.yahoo.com/news/sarah-palins-mother-in-law-considering-voting-for-barack-obama/12578

• posted at 8:43 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

WTF, did you happen to catch your boy R.P.s political shindig he recently threw. Having a list of speakers that include heavyweight political lunatics like Jessie "The Lobotomy" Ventura speaking in your behalf is not a good idea, if you want anyone to take you seriously. I'll never have any respect for R.P. again.

• posted at 8:35 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote: "Where is the media scrutiny of Obama? Why does he get a pass?"Don't think he's getting a pass; it seems like the MSM is "Ron Pauling" him....you know, ignoring him so they can showcase McLame.Speaking of Johnny Boy, a lot of posts have questioned his potential as a prez due to his temper and that little red button that can start a nookular ;) war.You're not alone. A LOT of people are asking the same question along with questions about Palin's vindictiveness. In McSame's case, the questions have been around for several years.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/19991031/aponline183823_000.htmhttp://www.theimproper.com/Template_Article.aspx?IssueId=5&ArticleId=2301D*mn! My boat's getting full of those flippy-floppy fish....even the neocons are fliping and flopping.http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/09/conservatives-love-mccain-they-really-love-him.phpRegarding Jon Stewart's comparison of Bush/McSame, here's the cliphttp://www.theinformationparadox.com/2008/09/jon-stewart-obliterates-mccains.html

• posted at 8:31 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Lodian, don't call me names, tell me where I'm wrong. Do you really think that the msm has done their job informing us about who Obama really is?

• posted at 8:29 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Sorry I used to be involved in multi-level marketing.

• posted at 8:28 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito wrote "Where is the media scrutiny of Obama? Why does he get a pass? Maybe because they're all on his side in the liberal msm"Cogito: When did you get so paranoid? LOL!

• posted at 8:27 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito (1:13pm): No fair answering a question with a question.

• posted at 8:27 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Cogito (1:13pm: No fair answering a question with a question.

• posted at 8:15 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Where is the media scrutiny of Obama? Why does he get a pass? Maybe because they're all on his side in the liberal msm. Smearing their opposition is just another service they arrogantly offer.

• posted at 8:13 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Lodian @ 12;55, change McCain and Palin to Obama and answer the same question. What exactly ARE the top of the Democrat's tickets qualifications? If he takes office, making pretty, albeit empty, speeches and voting "present" when asked to make a decision, won't cut it.

• posted at 8:12 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

wtf: Weren't you the one that posted the link to that video clip of the Bush McCain similarities? If so, can you post it again? Wasn't it a Jon Stewart clip? I think Cogito needs to have a look!

• posted at 8:09 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

lodisafeway wrote "But the people of the United States are no longer being fooled by the glitz and the media's attempt to pull the wool over their eyes."lodisafeway: That's why Obama will win this election. The truth is already pouring out about Palin and it's only been a few days for her turn at scrutiny. The McCain's camp at attempting to bring on the surprise glitz and show that they feel is Palin has already started to fizzle.

• posted at 8:09 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Lodian wrote: "wtf: You do know that lodisafeway was talking about Obama here, right?"LOL! I sure did! I chose to ignore it and post some of the flip-flops of McCain and Palin....since girard is so intent on **change** I decided to **change** the name(s).

• posted at 8:07 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Joe, calling McCain a "mirror image" of Bush is just pure idiocy. I never read a single line of what you wrote after that. Why would I read any more lying? Go back to keeping a public diary. Don't embarrass yourself with thinking people any further.

• posted at 8:01 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Madman and wtf: Any man that says something like that to his wife is showing what his real character is all about. In times of stress, REAL STRESS (as in being the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!) McCain is going to literally "LOSE IT!" He seems very unstable to me, both mentally and physically. He is in no position to become the next PRESIDENT.

• posted at 7:57 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

To wtf:wtf wrote "lodisafeway wrote: "Time (the great equalizer in politics) has exposed him for what he is - just a politician that changes his position with the political wind."wtf: You do know that lodisafeway was talking about Obama here, right?

• posted at 7:55 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

lodisafeway: How is McCain going to "change" anything in this country? How does Palin represent change and how is she "qualified to lead us"?

• posted at 7:39 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

A guy who would call his wife a trollop and a c--t just because she had ruffled his hair in front of five guys is not only a jerk, but a dangerous hothead if he ever gets his finger on the button.

• posted at 7:28 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

lodisafeway wrote: "Time (the great equalizer in politics) has exposed him for what he is - just a politician that changes his position with the political wind."Hmmmm.....thought you liked Palin. Guess you must have seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQx42Tsz5NQ&feature=relatedOr read this articlehttp://www.opednews.com/articles/What-Sarah-Palin-didn-t-te-by-Mary-Shaw-080907-374.htmlOr maybe this articlehttp://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9111.htmlNever thought I'd agree with you, girard (though I have a few times); but Palin and McCain flip-flop so much, I feel like I'm on a boatload of fish. ;)

• posted at 7:27 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

If the word "ho" is so upsetting, follow some of McCain's explosions. This was addressed to his wife.In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you C*NT." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

• posted at 7:25 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Sorry, Lodian. But if the election were to be held today, Obama would lose. This is what the polls reveal. Could this change over the course of the next two months? Absolutely. But keep in mind that this should be a virtual cake-walk for Obama. After eight years of Bush and their (Democrats) attempt to couple Bush and McCain, Obama should be in a position to simply pocket all of that money he's getting and take the next few weeks off in the Bahamas.But the people of the United States are no longer being fooled by the glitz and the media's attempt to pull the wool over their eyes. With the arrival of Sarah Palin, Obama is sweating bullets - and he should be.Question (again) - where is Hillary? Why isn't she out there with Bill blasting Palin out of the water in favor of Biden? She can't do it because to do so would mean she wouldn't have a chance to win in 2012. That is where her sights are set. She knows Obama isn't going to win; and she couldn't be happier. Sure, she has to wait four years. So what?

• posted at 7:18 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

I'm not slamming the opponent. I am merely pointing out the blatant attempt by many here (and across the media's fruited plain) to destroy McCain and Palin based upon nothing but their very own politics of personal destruction. Obama is an empty shell; there's nothing there aside from his fear-mongering.McCain has the experience and integrity to not only lead this country, but to stand up to our enemies as well. Palin, a candidate who not only represents "change" in a way that Obama could only dream of is equally qualified to lead us.Obama, by his own words has demonstrated his lack of leadership abilities over and over again. Not only was his "pay grade" remark incredibly telling, but the manner in which he responded to the Russia/Georgia issue, if a precursor to how he and Biden would manage our foreign policy, has been very successful in being a wake-up call for the voters to understand that Obama simply is not ready to be the President. If he couldn't "practice" leadership by only offering his opinion regarding the Georgia matter, why would we want to risk letting him answer the phone at 3:00a.m. for "real?"

• posted at 7:12 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Lodisafeway: You continue to say that Obama/Biden will NOT be in The White House. The polls do not show this to be true. Check into it. You keep counting those chickens before they hatch. I look forward to seeing the debates. It will be interesting, especially if the Republicans allow Palin to speak on her own and actually state facts instead of making things up for effect.

• posted at 7:09 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Of course another little tidbit of political news released today is the removal of Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann as anchors for the upcoming debates as well as election-night coverage.After coming in dead last (again) in the ratings during both conventions, these "objective" reporters have been called onto the carpet for their pathetic attempt to advance their candidate (Obama) while recklessly trying to destroy McCain and Palin. Even the MSNBC executives couldn't ignore this debacle (although I'm certain they would have loved to find a way).The media is a joke - collectively they have zero credibility. As this election moves into the final stretch, the American people are waking up to the reality of the Democrats' choices and will deny them and the media's insistence that only Obama the Great can save us from ourselves. Again, it just keeps getting better!! What an incredible ride!!

• posted at 7:05 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

lodisafeway: You've only come up with more slamming of the opponent. Please tell us what YOUR candidates (McCAIN/PALIN) will do for our country.

• posted at 6:54 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Ten months ago Obama was able to preliminary convince too many people that he was the "agent of change" is it applies to politics. He burst on the scene as a real fresh face and voice.Time (the great equalizer in politics) has exposed him for what he is - just a politician that changes his position with the political wind. Like Clinton in the 90s, the first thing I see him doing upon rising each morning is to wet his finger and put it out in the breeze to determine how he should behave each day.And now the American people are figuring that out. This is one reason why Hillary was clamoring so vehemently for attention as she refused to go quietly into the night. Had she believed Obama would be worthwhile as our President, she would not have inflicted so much irrevocable damage upon him during the primary, especially if she had any intention of supporting him once he became the nominee.Thankfully for all of us neither she nor he will get the chance to destroy our country under their political brand of "change." Gotta love democracy!!

• posted at 6:34 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Lodian wrote: "lodisafeway: You can't be that out of touch."I'm afraid he is....he's a legend in his own mind.I'm his doctor, I should know....NOT!LOL!

• posted at 6:28 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

lodisafeway wrote "However, now he's joined by two other insignificant political hucksters in their quest for the White House - Obama and Biden."lodisafeway: You can't be that out of touch.

• posted at 5:07 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

sam wrote on Sep 8, 2008 9:16 AM:"Thanks wtf. Interesting interpretation."You're welcome, sam. I came across a very interesting article this morniing - the link is below - that might help to show to you what I meant about this part of the bible quote:"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are jews, and are not, but do lie."The article is "Foxman: Shillin` for Palin and Jews for Jesus" and is written by a Jew (this for the benefit of the peanut gallery). Very good article.http://www.israelenews.com/view.asp?ID=3054

• posted at 4:43 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

wtf - are you suggesting that the "Philadelphia" referred to in the Bible is the one in southeast Pennsylvania? Why isn't it the "Philadelphia" located in Mississippi? Are you seriously putting that forth as a message from God that Ron Paul is His choice for president?!? Oh, that is rich!! And pathetically funny, too!

• posted at 4:22 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Yeah, referring to a vice-presidential candidate as a "ho" is precisely what I would expect from a morally-bankrupt Ron Paul fanatic. Sadly, I'm not surprised that our national political discourse has sunk to such a low point. Of course such remarks do nothing to hurt the candidate; but they do go far to describe the characters of those who espouse such thoughts. Keep it up! You're only exposing yourselves.

• posted at 4:16 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Thanks wtf. Interesting interpretation.

• posted at 4:10 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Ron Paul, because of his dismal Congressional record as well as his ability to draw upon only the very fringe of his own party is considered nothing more than a jokester. The thing is he's not even funny. However, now he's joined by two other insignificant political hucksters in their quest for the White House - Obama and Biden.

• posted at 4:01 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

lodisafeway you are way off base. All million plus people voting for Ron Paul are sending a message.The result has been far from being ineffective or having no impact. You don't know what you're talking about because our numbers are growing daily. Since your usual source of info, girard, is FAUX news, and you are too lazy to actually inform yourself, you wouldn't know this.

• posted at 3:55 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

It also, to me, described Ron Paul's situation with the media. LOL!Thinking on all the brouhaha that went on regarding both Obama's and McCain's birthplace, it also reminded me of the fact that Ron Paul was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - a colonial town in one of the original 13 colonies and that Philadelphia, which is mentioned in the Revelation passage, is a city dating from colonial times that is also located in Pennsylvania.Pennsylvania is where the Liberty Bell is located, where the U.S. Constitution was written and was the very first capital of our United States. So I interpret this as an endorsement of Ron Paul by God himself found in the bible. :)A lot of people actually believe, that the present in which we live, is what was foretold in the Book of Revelation. If this is the case, then the passage I referenced would refer to Ron Paul.

• posted at 3:54 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Here, wtf is absolutely correct. No vote is wasted as long as it is cast. Yet any vote for Ron Paul will be simply ineffective - not having an impact in any way. There seems to be more rightful concern for Bob Barr's or Ralph Nader's influence on who becomes our next president; much like Ross Perot in 1992.

• posted at 3:53 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

sam wrote on Sep 7, 2008 4:10 PM: "I am not getting this blog? WTF, sorry but can you explain your biblical quote?"Sure, sam. I came across it the other day in the Book of Revelation, Chapter 3, verses 7 -21. I paraphrased it. What struck me when reading it, was that, to me, it reminded me of the AIPAC lobby here in the U.S. that seems to virtually choose each American president. There always seems to be undue interest in how presidential candidates are seen by the Jewish community, AIPAC and Israel. Frankly, I think they should be worried about the politics in Israel and leave U.S. politics to Americans.

• posted at 3:43 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

Robb you appear to be confusing voting with horse racing. I'm not out to pick the "winner" - I am voting my conscience and for the BEST MAN for the job. No vote is wasted. Your comment says much about you.

• posted at 2:45 am on Mon, Sep 8, 2008.

the bottom line is we will get four more years of the same thing we have now or change. I would rather see change. Most people wawnt change and the chance to help America grow in the right direction. After this election we need to set a age limit on who will be in office. the age should be between 18-50. we don't need someone in office that should be retired. they are out of touch with society and what is going on in the true working world. Old ideas is a waste we need young minds that will change things for the better in this country and other places in the world. We need the same for city government and any other office that represent us as a whole in today society.

• posted at 2:00 pm on Sun, Sep 7, 2008.

a ron paul vote, is a wasted vote...

• posted at 11:10 am on Sun, Sep 7, 2008.

wtf wrote on Sep 6, 2008 8:03 AM:" Geez! Even the Bible endorses Ron Paul"I am not getting this blog? WYF, sorry but can you explain your biblical quote?

• posted at 8:20 am on Sun, Sep 7, 2008.

Boy, Joe! The more I think about it, the more I have to say your title hit the nail on the head when you used the term preposterous.Imagine! Caribou Barbie a heartbeat away from the presidency.....

• posted at 7:56 am on Sun, Sep 7, 2008.

The RNC is so petty! Check out these stories. I am so disgusted and I **am** a registered Republican. http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/09/ron_pauls_nocount_convention_r.htmlhttp://www.minnpost.com/conventionbriefs/2008/09/04/3379/paul_supporters_wonder_what_happened_to_our_voteshttp://www.dailynewscaster.com/2008/09/04/secret-service-confiscates-books-button-from-ron-paul-delegates/http://newsok.com/oklahomans-votes-silenced-at-convention/article/3293264/?tm=1220590690http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/022689.html

• posted at 7:30 am on Sun, Sep 7, 2008.

And check out this Tom Ridge, former Homeland Security Director, Freudian slip where he calls John McCain, John Bush. LOL!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ZnHTWWErMA LOT of people are very unhappy. My sister's friend for one. She was going to vote for McSame but, according to her, when that Palin woman disparaged volunteers, McCain lost her potential vote. What she was referring to was Palin's comment:"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities."Plus my sister asked me if Ron Paul was still on the ballot and was willing to view the Rally for the Republic video. And it looks like there's a move on to put Ron Paul on the Louisiana ballot for the November prez election.http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-66549?ref=emailAlong with something going on in Montana.http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/09/05/montana-constitution-party-submits-presidential-electors-pledged-to-ron-paul-and-michael-peroutka/

• posted at 7:29 am on Sun, Sep 7, 2008.

Lodian, here's another Jon Stewart video. It's hilarious! Jon shows just **how different** McCain is from Bush. NOT! LOL!http://www.theinformationparadox.com/2008/09/jon-stewart-obliterates-mccains.html

• posted at 6:44 pm on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Here's more interesting reading shared by a poster, Bob Hussein Loblaw, on another LNS blog."An Alaskan's Opinion" was well worth the read. Palin has been a busy little beaver...http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kilkenny.asp

• posted at 11:35 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Joe,WTF,and Lodian,,,,,,,,,,WOW!

• posted at 5:11 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Palin supports the AIP (Alaskan Independence Party). Her husband is on the official member list of the AIP. They both attended the convention.Todd Palin was an official member listed with the AIP. Sarah Palin, when a candidate for Governor, appeared at the AIP Convention in 2006. Sarah Palin also sent a welcoming DVD message to the membership at the 2008 AIP statewide convention.--AIP websiteHere's the video of Sarah Palin addressing the AIP and wishing them well. http://www.akip.org/conv08.htmlWhat ever happened to "Country first", McCain/Palin?

• posted at 5:08 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

wtf: The Stewart video is definitely enlightening! Hypocrisy indeed!

• posted at 3:48 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Regarding Sarah Palin, this article is EXTREMELY enlightening of the woman. Also, make sure to click on the video at the top right with Jon Stewart at Comedy Central - he pegs the hypocrisy of the Repubs to a T!http://www.laprogressive.com/2008/09/05/alaskans-speak-in-a-frightened-whisper-palin-is-%E2%80%9Cracist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean%E2%80%9D/#more-954

• posted at 3:12 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Just came across this:September 5, 2008ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.More details will be announced Monday.I, for one, can hardly wait!

• posted at 3:09 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

For those who didn't get to hear Ron Paul's speech, here are some links. It was DYNAMITE! He DID address the problems Americans are facing and he wasn't cutesy about it; he had SOLUTIONS!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGONDUxUxc4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbzdOFhDydchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPO9mPCqG70http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoC58aYncgchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd0xVfwKeTghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQfE9n8DMHQ

• posted at 3:04 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

I'd even watch a DEBATE between Obama and Ron Paul; but between Obama and McCain? I'm so glad there are DVDs and the internet. I'm following Jesse Ventura's suggestion and looking at the upcoming (s)election not as a horse Race where you try to pick the winner; but a time when I can cast a vote that reflects my conscience and my write in vote will go to Ron Paul. Between the two "major" candidates, I hope Obama wins.And Im not the only one whos writing in Ron Pauls name. There are MILLIONS.http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5712603

• posted at 3:03 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Before any neocons religious tell me that this is some other Philadelphia; let me remind you that this is a prophecy and that many evangelicals believe the events in the Book of Revelation are coming to pass NOW - therefore, this passage WOULD apply to the present and that means Ron Paul.

• posted at 3:03 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Geez! Even the Bible endorses Ron Paul (which explains why the neocons - both Dem and Rep - are so afraid of him).."And to the angel in the church in Philadelphia write: These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David...I know thy works. Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it; Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are jews, and are not, but do lie. (Read: AIPAC, Zionist Likud party in Israel) Behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee....He that have an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."Revelation 3:7

• posted at 3:02 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

However, there is no question regarding Ron Paul who was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania was one of the original 13 colonies and Pittsburgh has been around since the American Revolution. Not to mention the fact that both the Liberty Bell and our United States Constitution both hail from Philadelphia - another colonial town in Pennsylvania here in the U.S. - and it was Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that served as the very FIRST capitol of the United States.

• posted at 3:01 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Still, there really is no difference between the Democratic nominee and the Republican nominee as you so right pointed out, Joe; they both have the same goal. Call them Repemocrats if you will. Couple this with the questions surrounding Obamas birth and whether or not Hawaii was a state in the U.S. at that time, along with the questions surrounding McCains birth in Panama, and you have a real conundrum.

• posted at 3:01 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

McCain is NOT Ron Paul; he's NOT Obama; no one wants war and no one gives flying f*ck how he was an alleged POW - especially those who were in Vietnam. And with the Ron Paul delegates getting their stuff confiscated by the Secret Service, we see just how well McCain can work with his OWN party - he's going to work with the other parties? I've got a bridge in the Mojave you might want to buy.The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster has spoken. Evangelicals pray for a deluge to rain out Obama and the Repubs get a hurricane that puts a crimp in their gig. The message is clear: the Repubs are backing the wrong horse.

• posted at 3:00 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

And after FORBIDDING Ron Paul from attending the Republican convention, we heard how McSame will work with members of the other parties - he mentioned Dems as well as Independents. And not only did McCain send barbs out to Obama, he threw Ron Paul's way as well - guess Ron has McCain pretty rattled because McCain cant even get this right. Ron Paul never said he could save the country; HIS supporters say he is the ONLY man who MIGHT have a chance to change the track the U.S. is on.

• posted at 2:59 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

I heard most of McCain's speech and it ***was*** bad, as well as disorganized. Here's why: He started off - or rather his speech writer did - basically copying (plagiarizing if you will) Ron Paul's speech; complete with scripted Boos from the idiots in the audience (the boos at Ron Paul's speech were genuine and you can tell); then he threw in some stuff he stole from Obama; then came the obligatory saber rattling: Iran is bad, Russia is bad, I want my 100 years war; then, of course, we all heard about how he was a POW.....really? Gee, I didn't know that.

• posted at 2:57 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Joe said: "Let the Internet, the bloggers and the 24-hour news talking heads keep their names in the public eye."If they did that, Ron Paul would win HANDS DOWN! LOL! Speaking of the internet and McSame's "historic" speech, came across this:"I thought it was the worst speech by a nominee that I've heard since Jimmy Carter in 1980. I thought it was disorganized, I thought it was it was theme-less, I thought it was very, very boring...I personally cannot remember a single policy proposal that he made because they had nothing connecting them. I found it shockingly bad."

• posted at 2:46 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

Joe said: "They would be shocked if they knew how quickly the majority of viewers change channels when their images show up on their television screens."You got that right! The "news" is reporting how McCain had more viewers than Obama for his acceptance speech. What they don't tell you is that those viewers were tuning in the same as if they were watching a slow motion train wreck.Great letter, Joe!

• posted at 12:56 am on Sat, Sep 6, 2008.

I would like to suggest that while the candidates "curtail their public appearances until October that they keep their money making machines running and all monies raised be contributed non-profit agencies. It would be a windfall and I'd never have to work again in a fund raising snack bar in my life.