If traveling for the holidays is in your near future, a headache might not be too far behind. But, with these helpful travel tips, getting from point A to point B can be a whole lot easier. From what to pack to what to anticipate when you arrive at your relative’s house, you are covered in this holiday travel guide.
What to remember before you even get out the suitcase
* Sleeping arrangements – If you are anticipating a lack of beds for you and your family at your relative’s home, bring an air mattress (or two) with plenty of extra pillows and blankets.
* Kids – Whether flying or driving, remember to bring books, games, puzzles and other transportable toys to keep them entertained during travel – don’t forget snacks, like fresh fruit gifts, too.
* Lock up – Complete a double check of the house before you get in the car to make sure all doors and windows are locked, all appliances are unplugged and you didn’t leave anything (or anyone) behind.
* Gift baskets – Show your appreciation for your family’s hospitality by giving them a gourmet gift basket filled with all of their favorite holiday treats.
* Pack efficiently – Try to pack as few suitcases as possible since your car also will be transporting presents for your relatives – make sure your family brings jeans and sweaters that can be worn again while you’re away to reduce the amount of clothing packed.
Bring on the holidays
With a little bit of planning and deep breathing, traveling for the holidays can be just the start of a happy holiday season. Keep in mind that the holidays are about spending time with family around a delicious meal. And remember, whether you are in charge of the holiday dinner of just pitching in a hand, fresh food items found in gourmet gift baskets can be a great touch for any holiday spread.