(NAPSI)—Nobody wants to spend more time cleaning their kitchen than they need to. So what’s the secret to creating a carefree kitchen? Choosing durable kitchen products that are easy to use and nearly maintenance free.
Fortunately, modern materials and ingenuity mean many kitchen items and surfaces are a lot easier to keep in top shape than they used to be. For example:
• Resin-coated stainless steel knives are now available, making them dishwasher safe.
• When you get down to it, ceramic tiles and flooring do not require special cleaners or sealants to maintain and can come in a wide range of looks, from wood to marble.
• Another idea is to get a glass-coated stainless steel oven—they’re fingerprint free and easy to keep clean.
• When selecting a faucet, look for faucets from companies like Blanco, with long-lasting ceramic disk cartridges that are easy to replace and work for years to keep the faucet from leaking.
• As for the kitchen sink, select one that can resist dropping a pot of boiling water in it without worrying about chipping, scratching, staining or denting.
Made to deal with life’s messy realities, Silgranit II by Blanco offers affordable and stylish options in eight fashion colors. It features an ultradurable and cleanable surface of 80 percent rock-hard granite that resists scratches, stains and heat. It is resistant to food acids and alkalis, easy to maintain, colored all the way through and carries a limited lifetime warranty.
Because it’s so easy to clean and maintain, you can even reduce your use of harsh cleaning chemicals that can harm pets, kids and the environment.
Looking for more ways to live healthier? Consider implementing these tips into your kitchen habits:
1. “Look for cleaners that don’t contain chlorine or ammonia,” suggests Sonya Lunder, MPH, a senior researcher with Environmental Working Group, a nonprofit organization that researches environmental issues. “Choose those that say ‘petroleum-free,’ ‘biodegradable’ or ‘phosphate-free’ instead.”
2. Choose the right pan: According to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, using a six-inch pan on an eight-inch burner can waste more than 40 percent of the burner’s heat. Also, consider reducing use of Teflon-coated pans, which can emit chemicals when heated.
3. Be cool, clean your fridge: For maximum efficiency, clean the coils twice a year and be sure the gaskets are in good condition.
4. Be bright: Use compact fluorescent or LED lighting. They last longer and use less electricity than standard bulbs.
5. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Consider composting, too. Blanco offers the SOLON built-in compost system that makes it easy and saves valuable counter space. Silgranit II sinks include HYGIENIC+PLUS™, a patented formula that is a shield against dirt and bacteria. Independent laboratory tests confirm that the unique built-in hygiene protection reduces bacterial growth by an average of 98 percent.
Learn more: You can see the 23 sink styles and eight colors of Silgranit II by Blanco and get further facts and tips at www.blancoamerica.com.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)