Satisfy winter cravings with this delicious Veggie Italiano Quesadilla.
- 1/3 cup canned cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large low carb/high fiber tortilla with about 110 calories
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow® Light Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1piece Mini Babybel® Light cheese, chopped
- Optional toppings: low-fat marinara sauce, fat-free sour cream
- Place beans in blender or food processor with 1 tablespoon water; blend until mostly smooth. (Or place beans in bowl with 1 tablespoon water and mash with fork.) Add Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Lay tortilla flat; spread half of the upward-facing side with bean mixture. Spread cheese wedge on other half; set aside.
- Bring skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on stove. Add veggies and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer veggies to side of tortilla spread with cheese wedge.
- Top veggies evenly with chopped cheese. Fold bean-covered side of tortilla over other side and press gently to seal, forming quesadilla.
- Remove skillet from heat, re-spray with nonstick spray, and return to medium-high heat. Place quesadilla in skillet; cook for about 2 minutes per side, until outside is toasty and inside is hot.
- Cut into triangles and, if you like, top or serve with marinara sauce or sour cream.
Makes 1 serving