(Family Features) Parents don't often encourage their children to play with their food. However, when snack time offers the opportunity to nourish both the body and the mind, that's a treat any parent would be glad to serve their little ones.
Learning and snacking together
Invite the kids into the kitchen and take snack time to a whole new level. These tasty snack recipes feature the kid-approved flavor and crunch of Post Alpha-Bits cereal, as well as fun alphabet shapes, perfect for familiarizing young learners with the letters of the alphabet.
The time spent together creating these tasty recipes provides a special learning opportunity for children and parents, while enjoying fun snacks along the way. Who knew snack time could be so educational? For a fun and tasty spin on a classic family favorite, whip up a Breakfast Banana Split. If your family is looking for a great snack to pop in a baggie for car rides, you will love this Cinnamon Crunch Mix. Or, for an airy and sweet treat, try this recipe for Cool and Creamy Bananas.
Beyond the fun educational benefits, Post Alpha-Bits cereal as part of a nutritious breakfast is a great way to start the day. A serving provides 12 essential vitamins and minerals growing kids need. For more great recipes your family will love, and recipe nutrition information visit www.postfoods.com.
Recipe: Cinnamon Crunch Mix
- 2 cups Post Alpha-Bits cereal
- 1 cup dried fruit, such as raisins, apples or apricots
- Ground cinnamon
- Toss cereal and fruit in a medium bowl. Season with cinnamon to taste. Place 1/2-cup portions in individual snack bags. Store at room temperature.
Recipe: Cool and Creamy Bananas
- 1 cup Post Alpha-Bits cereal
- 1 cup thawed fat free whipped topping
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Add cereal to whipped topping in medium serving bowl; stir gently until well blended. Add bananas; mix lightly. Top with strawberries.
Recipe: Breakfast Banana Split
- 1/2 cup Post Alpha-Bits cereal
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- Peel banana; split in half lengthwise. Place in sundae dish or cereal bowl. Top banana with yogurt. Sprinkle with cereal and fruit. Makes 1 serving.