This year, creating holiday family fun is simple with these easy-to-follow recipes and some ready-made mixes that provide shortcuts in the kitchen.
- 1 (10 or 12-ounce) bag Pop'ables 3 Musketeers, Pop'ables Milky Way or Pop'ables Snickers Candies
- 3 M-azing Milk Chocolate Bars Filled with M&M'S Minis Chocolate Candies
- 1 (14-ounce) bag M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- Red decorators icing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Reserve 48 Pop'ables; chop remainder.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fold chopped candy into batter. Fill each cupcake cup 2/3 full, bake 18 to 21 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Put 1 can (2 cups) vanilla frosting into resealable plastic bag, set aside. Tint remaining can vanilla frosting pale pink, and use to frost cupcake tops.
- Cut each chocolate bar into 4 rectangles, cut rectangles diagonally to make 8 triangles. Frost each triangle with red icing, if desired.
- Snip small corner of plastic bag with vanilla frosting. With the photograph as guide, decorate cupcakes as follows:
- Hat: Use frosting to attach a rectangle on top of each cupcake.
- Face: Dot each cupcake with Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays for eyes, nose and mouth. Place two reserved Pop'ables on either side of nose for cheeks.
- Beard and moustache: Use frosting to dot bottom of each cupcake in shape of beard and moustache.
Makes 24 cupcakes