Using sweetened condensed milk, you can prepare this classic homemade treat in just 10 minutes. It is great to serve at holiday gatherings or given as a gift from your kitchen.
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with waxed paper.
- In medium-sized heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off waxed paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes about 2 pounds