- Coping with the cold
Some helpful tips to keep in mind as we approach unseasonably
- Wrap up pipes outside with old towels. Pipes that carry water
could easily freeze.
- Put sheets over your flowers and plants. Flowers could
accumulate frost, which can cause damage.
- Give yourself extra time to get to work in the morning. Windows
can take a while to defrost, and some cars need to be warmed
- If you are warming up your car, don't leave it unattended. Even
if it's just for a minute, this is an easy way to get your car
- Pour cold water on your windshield to get rid of ice. Never use
hot water, which can cause a crack in the windshield. Use a scraper
if you have one.
- No scraper handy? Improvise by using a plastic spatula, credit
card, plastic water bottle cap or an old CD. Just make sure not use
anything metal— that could leave a scratch.
— Fernando Gallo
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 6:10 am, Fri Feb 25, 2011.
Enjoying the mild temperatures? You won't be for long.
Temperatures are supposed to drop significantly today, with
nighttime lows reaching the lowto mid-30s, according to Ken Clark,
the West Coast weather expert for AccuWeather.com.
Rain showers should be present throughout the morning as well,
tapering off in the afternoon before ramping up again tonight,
Friday, February 25, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 6:10 am.