Acampo woman killed

Woman, who was shot along with her boyfriend, described as 'a sweet girl who loved her family'

Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:00 am

A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed shortly after she and her boyfriend arrived at their Acampo home Wednesday night.

Britani Coberly was pronounced dead at a local hospital after the 8:40 p.m. shooting, said San Joaquin County Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Dave Konecny. Her boyfriend, whom officials did not name, was also shot but he had been treated and released from the hospital by Thursday morning.

• posted at 5:51 am on Mon, Nov 23, 2009.

It's Such Sad News. The Reality is that Violent Crime seems to be on the uprise. As the Recession and Economy continues to suffer, we will all have to be more careful and diligent regarding protecting ourselves and our property from violent crime. It's horrible times. These days, there's just certain places and areas around town where I won't spend a lot of time...

• posted at 4:25 am on Sun, Nov 22, 2009.

I cant believe this happened.My thoughts and prayers go out to Britani's family, & may GOd be with you during these times. I will always remember going tanning and as i would walk in, Britani always greeted me with a huge smile and hello. I have no idea how i'm suppose to enter that tanning salon knowing she's not gonna be there. On the other thought, i hope justice is served, because not only did this coward take a young life, they also took a sister of two younger siblings. Rest In Peace Britani. I will remember you!

• posted at 1:25 pm on Sat, Nov 21, 2009.

i just got out of basic when i heard i used to go to school with her a long time ago and she was allways a friend to those who had none and may god show no mercy to the one who did this to her my thoughts r with your family may god be with you

• posted at 4:37 am on Sat, Nov 21, 2009.

Britani, you will be missed greatly by your grandmother and I. We wish we were there to hold little Wayne and kayleigh too. Love from Grammy and Papa.

• posted at 4:22 am on Sat, Nov 21, 2009.

Wayne & Angie, I am so sorry to hear about Britani. I can't imagine the grief you all feel. Our thoughts and prayers are with you....The Ricci's

• posted at 6:11 pm on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Coberly family and Britani's friends during this difficult time. Through HavATan I had gotten to know Britani and I was fortunate enough to have crossed paths with her. She was a wonderful person who's company I truly enjoyed. She exemplified what it is to be a beautiful person both inside and out. May she rest in peace.

• posted at 5:30 pm on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

My family is deeply sadened over your loss. Brittany always welcomed me with a smile when I walked in the tanning salon and right away let my small children pick a movie to watch. She had the biggest smile and I am certain the biggest heart. Your in our thoughts and prayers. The Lozano family.

• posted at 11:17 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

I would like to express my deepest sorrow to your family...My son Jayson who is in the Air Force loved your daughter sooooo much, he said she was one of his best friends...my prayers are with you and I pray who ever did this will be caught.My heart felt sorrow is with you and your family.

• posted at 10:57 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

I am so sorry. Know that this community is feeling this pain with you and know that there are those of us who don't even know you that are praying for you and wish we could help. I did make a donation, but it just doesn't seem enough. I am so very very sorry.

• posted at 8:53 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

Wayne & Anjie> Words cannot express how saddend and shocked we were. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you all. Our deepest sympathy.Karen & Eric Griffen

• posted at 7:05 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

I think the caption to the picture of the mother sobbing is tacky: "Anjie Coberly becomes emotional...". 'becomes emotional', in my opinion, sounds rather negative, and quite frankly, shallow. How about this caption, "A heartbroken mother sobs as she looks at...". What a sad, heartbreaking thing for this family to go through. It's sad no matter what the season, but being so close to Thanksgiving and then Christmas coming up, it will be a very difficult time for this family. My heart goes out to all who are grieving this senseless loss. I pray that they will receive enough for the funeral services and that they will find some comfort in the fact that the citizens of Lodi care. I also pray that whoever murdered this beautiful young lady will be caught quickly and brought to justice.

• posted at 5:18 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

My familys prayers go out to your family and friends,Love & Peace

• posted at 2:56 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

I hope they find the scum bag that shot her. Does anyone know yet, why this happened?

• posted at 2:55 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

To Britani's Family > What a beautiful girl. So sorry for your loss. God will get you thru these tough times. Again, so sorry for your loss. You will be in our prayers.

• posted at 12:56 am on Fri, Nov 20, 2009.

Dear Coberly family, there are no wordsthat can console, but please know thateven those of us who didn't know Britani personally feel deeply saddened by your loss. You're in ourthoughts and prayers.