The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi area scheduled for this week:
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
- Review third quarter financial reports from water, wastewater
and Electric Utility departments.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Unified School District Board of Trustees
- Special study session on 2009-10 budget.
When and where: 6 p.m., 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
Lodi Improvement Committee
- Presentation from "A Hand Up" Homeless Outreach.
- Receive department reports.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union High School District board
- Appointment of interim superintendent, athletic director,
coaches and other personnel; discipline or dismissal of principal
and coach or coaches - all discussed in closed session.
- Consider budget reductions for 2009-10 school year.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Galt City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive. Closed session begins at 5 p.m.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Review proposed county and special district budgets and set
June 23 to begin final budget hearing.
- Adopt plans and specifications for the second phase of the
Lower Sacramento Road improvement project in Woodbridge.
- Public hearing on joint application for federal stimulus
- Increase agreement with Head Start Child Development Council to
prepare and deliver senior meals.
- Authorization to submit letter of opposition to the U.S. Senate
regarding the pending Federal Aviation Administration
When and where: 9 a.m., county courthouse, 222 E. Weber Ave., seventh floor, Stockton.
Lodi City Council special meeting
- Approve budget for fiscal year 2009-2010.
- Approve agreements with city bargaining groups.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Arts Commission
- Discuss taco truck cook-off.
- Receive updates on Art Hop, the grant writing committee, Smooth
Jazz and Project Lodi Art.
When are where: Noon, Hutchins Street Square, Thomas Theatre Gallery, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Galt Parks and Recreation Commission
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall Council Chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Woodbridge Sanitary District board
- Consider California Waste Recovery Systems' request for a 2.8
percent garbage rate increase. There will also be an update on
garbage service from company Vice President Jack Fiori.
- Approval of district budget for 2009-10 fiscal year.
- Consider agreement with Croce & Co. for
- Update on status of monitoring wells.
When and where: 7 p.m., portable classroom behind Woodbridge fire station, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
Lodi Planning Commission
The regularly scheduled meeting is canceled.
Lodi Site Plan and Architectural Review Committee
The regularly scheduled meeting is canceled because there are no agenda items ready for review.
Woodbridge Irrigation District board
When and where: 9 a.m., district office, 18777 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Woodbridge.
Lockeford Community Services District board
When and where: 9 a.m., old schoolhouse, 19456 N. Jack Tone Road, Lockeford.
Reclamation District 348 board
- Update on levee rehabilitation project from Interstate 5 west
to Wimpy's Marina.
When and where: 2 p.m., Croce & Co., 501 W. Weber Ave., fifth floor, Stockton.
Thornton Rural Fire District board
When and where: 7:30 p.m., 25999 N. Thornton Road.
Southeast Area Community Planning Advisory Council
- Presentation on expanded Sacramento-area transit service by Don
Smith, senior planner with the Sacramento Regional Transit
District. Includes long-term plans to extend light rail to
Sacramento International Airport, vision for a new tram service,
better ways to connect to the regional system with local buses and
shuttles and improved pedestrian and bicycle access.
- Request by Ryan Voorhees to create 30 two-acre parcels at the
northwest avenue of Live Oak and Sargent avenues west of Galt. The
property is currently zoned for 10-acre parcels.
- Update on the Freeport regional water project by Gerald
Schwartz and Susie Wallenstein-Pineda of the East Bay Municipal
- South Area Water Council presentation by Ron Lowry of the
Southeast Sacramento County Agricultural Water Authority and Austin
McInerny of the Center for Collaborative Policy.
When and where: 7:30 p.m., Herald Community Building, 12746 Ivie Road, Herald.