Insurance fraud suspects plead not guilty

Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:00 pm

A woman arrested by insurance fraud investigators at the Lodi courthouse last week appeared in the Stockton courthouse on Monday, where she pleaded not guilty to 13 felony charges.

Melody Ann Mosqueda, 45, was appointed a public defender and San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Franklin Stephenson declined to lower her $250,000 bail.

• posted at 10:17 am on Fri, Aug 14, 2009.

I have known Rachel for a long time. I hope the allegations are not true and that she is released. She is so young with a bright future.My heart goes out to the whole family.

• posted at 1:24 pm on Thu, Aug 13, 2009.

The family that preys together stays together

• posted at 9:39 am on Thu, Aug 13, 2009.

To those upset about the daughter/step-daughter matter, that information came from the state and prosecutors, which is why I wrote it that way. It was also in the second story because I hadn't heard from anyone saying otherwise. Here is the California Department of Insurance's press release: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0400-news/0100-press-releases/0080-2009/release121-09.cfm

• posted at 4:01 pm on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

Well, they are always assumed innocent until proven guilty, so if she really did NOTHING wrong, then she has nothing to worry about, ultimately anyways. I still do not think that this article led to the arrest of the "daughter", step or not. It still is not fair to take out your frustrations on the poor reporter. Perhaps focusing your anger on the guilty party instead, the father? The step-mother? Not the reporter who is just doing her job.

• posted at 2:28 pm on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

"Reporters do not assume things, they report on things they have been told" Well then Ms. Bohm has be "Told" the correct information now hasnt she. A step-daughter is not the same. Rachel is not related by blood, only by marriage.How about you get off my back and let me clarify the facts so that Ms. Bohm doesnt continue to report false information.I for one prefer to read facts in the news. Why am I so hostile? Are you kidding? My family has been falsely accussed of some very serious crimes. And now to add insult to injury the news is reporting incorrect information.

• posted at 11:33 am on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

The only reason I bring it up is because Rachel does not consider herself to be the daughter of Melody. What really does matter is the fact that if Melody had used the of any of those posting here, that person wouldn't be sitting in jail facing charges. The assumption would be that they were innocent victims of identity theft. But because they share the same last name and lived in the same home up until Rachel was old enough to leave her father's home, the assumption is that she was in cahoots with her step-mother.

• posted at 5:14 pm on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

Reporters do not assume things, they report on things they have been told. FYI, a step-daughter is just like a daughter. If she cared for her like a daughter, at any time, then it is reasonable for this reporter, Ms Bohm, to report on the relationship. Get off her back, she is just doing her job. Stockton, why are you so hostile??

• posted at 5:03 pm on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

Hello Ms. Bohm,I was just reading this story and your comments below it. I am a member of the Mosqueda family and I can tell you for a FACT that you are incorrect about your assumptions, Rachel Mosqueda is NOT the daughter Melody Mosqueda. Melody is the EX-stepmother of Rachel. Please make corrections. My family WILL be vindicated. I hope you will report on that as well when the time comes.

• posted at 2:27 pm on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

Having known this entire family for many, many years, my heart is breaking. Honestly, I cant see Tony being involved in any way, shape or form. Then again, never in my life would I ever dream Mel would either. Knowing where Mel came from, I cant believe she would do this to her FOUR children. There are no "his" or "hers" here. The two oldest kids R&J, were raised by both Tony and Mel from a very young age. Then together had two wonderful kids T&M. What went wrong? Why? Lives might be ruined but thank God none were lost. I pray for this entire family.

• posted at 1:26 pm on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

Wow, I didn't know the writers read these posts! Cool. It is nice to hear from you writers once in a while. Oh.. and don't mind Wife, she seems to be really upset at someone, and taking it out on the writers.

• posted at 1:16 pm on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

Wife, It is about the same thing.My EX-STEPMOTHER, still considers me her daughter. Have a little compassion.

• posted at 11:47 am on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

wifeoffirefighter: No family members or attorneys have told me that Rachel Mosqueda is not Melody Mosqueda's daughter, so I cannot correct something that nobody has complained about. If anyone does want to clarify this, or anything else in stories, please contact me at layla@lodinews.com or 369-7035.

• posted at 6:26 am on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

Yeah, because that is what REALLY matters here. Dear Lord.

• posted at 4:42 am on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

When is the Lodi News going to get it straight? Rachel Mosqueda is NOT Melody Mosqueda's daughter. She is her ex-step-daughter.