The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Galt Commission on Aging
Key item: Senior handbook.
When and where: 2 p.m., Galt Parks and Recreation Department office, 610 Chabolla Ave., Galt.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve and special meeting
- Receive an update on the Harney Lane grade separation at the Union Pacific Railroad crossing.
- Authorize the city manager to accept a California Emergency Management Agency for Gang Reduction, Intervention and Prevention grant.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Improvement Commission
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt City Council
- Make changes to an ordinance regarding aggressive panhandlers.
- Approve workers’ compensation insurance coverage for city volunteers.
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall City Council Chambers, 380 Civic Drive., Galt.
Lodi Unified School District Board of Trustees
- In closed session, the board will discuss the appointment of a middle school principal and an evaluation of the superintendent.
- Approve a transitional kindergarten program.
When and where: 7 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
Lodi City Council
- Public hearing on raising wastewater rates for residential, commercial and industrial customers based on a pre-approved engineering news record adjustment index.
- Hold a public hearing to consider a flat, yearly Energy Cost Adjustment option for industrial customers.
- Adopt a resolution allowing the city manager to execute a $543,207 contract for Roget Park improvements.
- Approve a new contract for the Lodi Professional Firefighters.
- Approve specifications and authorize advertisement for bids for tree maintenance and tree removal for fiscal year 2012 to 2013.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St, Lodi.
San Joaquin County Advisory Water Commission
- Update on statewide water supply conditions.
- Update on county flood management activities.
- Update on Delta water and planning issues.
When and where: 1 p.m., Public Health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.
Galt Beautification Committee
When and where: 3:30 p.m., City Hall community room, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council
- Public safety reports from the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office and California Highway Patrol.
- Update on community park planned on Jack Tone Road and discussion on proposal to raise funds to maintain the new park.
- Discuss the need for a traffic light to be installed at Highway 88 and the Jack Tone Bypass.
- Reports from San Joaquin County Supervisor Ken Vogel on the county budget, establishing an enterprise zone to encourage business in Lockeford and proposed guidelines for the operation of municipal advisory councils.
- Discussion of the Safe Routes to School project.
When and where: 7 p.m., Old Lockeford Schoolhouse, 19456 N. Jack Tone Road.
San Joaquin County Local Agency Formation Commission
- Public hearing on proposal to annex 32.5 acres on Harney Lane to the city of Lodi.
- Preliminary budget for the 2012-13 fiscal year. Includes possible new fee schedule.
- Appointment of a new LAFCO member who isn’t affiliated with a government agency.
When and where: 10 a.m., Board of Supervisors’ chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.