10-year-old girl reports attempted abduction outside Reese Elementary School
A 10-year-old student at Erma B. Reese Elementary School, seen in this undated file photograph, reported an attempted abduction outside the school. Police are searching for suspects.
- Tips for kids to stay safe
1. Always check first with a parent, guardian, or trusted adult before going anywhere, accepting anything, or getting into a car with anyone.
2. Do not go out alone. Always take a friend with when going places or playing outside.
3. Say no if someone tries to touch you, or treats you in a way that makes you feel sad, scared, or confused. Get out of the situation as quickly as possible.
4. Tell a parent, guardian, or trusted adult if you feel sad, scared, or confused.
5. There will always be someone to help you, and you have the right to be safe.
— Source: www.missingkids.com
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 12:36 pm
Updated: 11:26 am, Wed Mar 7, 2012.
Two Hispanic men in a white truck attempted to abduct a 10-year-old girl outside of Erma B. Reese Elementary School on Monday morning, according to Principal Celeste Bordner.
The girl was finishing up crossing guard duty before school when the truck pulled up at her corner. One of the men asked if the girl could help them find their lost dog. Alarmed, she refused, said she did not know either of the men.
Monday, March 5, 2012 12:36 pm.
Updated: 11:26 am.