One arrested and another sought in connection with Lodi grad's slaying

Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Sheriff's investigators have arrested one man and are looking for another in connection with the Monday killing of Lodi High School graduate Diego Chavira.

Gabriel Olivarez

• posted at 5:45 am on Tue, Apr 21, 2009.

When Cortez arrived in Mexico, the people were ruled by a Warrior-priest, who ordered the villages to send their strongest young man and most beautiful young woman to the Ziggurat for blood sacrifice.It was the only way he could keep the warring factions under control. And thier warriors really weren't that great as he'd conqured them, and Cortez toppled them too by getting help from their slaves.Unfortunately it seems some still think that macho, weapon toting lifestyle makes them the warriors their people never really were.May the birgin of whadalupe forgive this man.

• posted at 6:22 am on Sun, Apr 19, 2009.

Fatyahmel: Please learn how to read. I have never said your friend is an aimal or anything remotely like that. What I said was:"If your friend had any part in the death of Diego Chavira, he needs to pay for it. " and "No one is to blame except the nasty tramp who insitgated this and the mindless, idiotic, violent, criminal minions that obeyed her."If your friend didn't do it, then none of what I said applies, so you have no reason to attack me.You keep blaming the victims. You are like a defense attorney in a rape case who attacks the VICTIM! You don't know the Chaviras; stop blaming them. They are the VICTIMS and your complete inability to accept that makes you sound ignorant and mule-headed. My gosh...you even blamed the mother of the MURDER VICTIM! You said:"All I know is I have a son and if I had relatives who were into krap or in trouble they shouldnt be into I wouldn't send my baby son in there to be killed."Foul, disgusting hypocrisy and outright cruelty. That's what I see in your posts.

• posted at 5:52 am on Sun, Apr 19, 2009.

Wow Citizen go back to sleep and start over. Your not making much sense. And I think that person meant for it to be in all caps because she was furious about the krap your writing. Why don't you read some of the LNS articles.The Chavira's have criminal records as well. And your saying I'm ghetto for knowing Gabriel. Really?Well everyone keeps commenting on this phantom woman who instigated the whole crime according to all of these comments.And judging from the comments she sounds like real scum herself.Y would the Chavira's even be associated with someone like that?I'll keep asking the same questions until I get answers. I don't care what you think of me. And leave the "Chic" alone it isn't as if she is attacking anyone. She said she was sorry for both families. She hasn't made any negative comments, unlike you. Really I'm just here to write and show my support for Gabriel.Your opinion means nothing to me.Cause you see Gabriel as a low life.And that is how I view you. I am a hardworking american Citizen born and raised here.My parents are hardworking ppl. Gabriel and his parents are hardworking ppl.

• posted at 5:35 am on Sun, Apr 19, 2009.

Wow "chic" you need to look for the caps lock button. Yea judging by the sentence structure on the posts from you and your ghetto friend "fat" you sound real intelligent. God just stop before you make yourself look even worse than you already have. If you loving Gabriel is such a great guy why does he have 10 previous felonies including weapons charges? Yea right he would never pull a gun. His new "friends" in lockup are going to love him for the rest of his pathetic life.

• posted at 4:34 am on Sun, Apr 19, 2009.

Wow GetReal here we go again. You with all your information if you really care about the Chavira's you'll do more than sit on this computer. you'll take you information to the police.How do you know where this Ruben is?You sound like you know him.Hmm do you?and if you do y do you know a criminal like this.Funny here you go with this instigator krap again.Whose this female.Where does she fit into all of this.Come on GetReal Be Real Fess up. You know what time it is. You know all about this case.It wouldn't suprise me if you were there that night and if you are someone that needs to be pulled in and questioned by the authorities. Keep saying Gabriels in a gang and he's a monster and he did this. Trying to throw heat off you and your friends. Well sorry pal I ain't buying it. I'm to smart for that. According 2 you I maybe insensitive but I'm not stupid. And I know your guilty of something. I'll leave it to the police to figure out what.

• posted at 9:09 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

WOW!!!! AS I POSTED EARLIER IN THIS WEEK!! THIS IS UNFORTUNATE & TRAGIC FOR BOTH FAMILIES AND FRIENDS !!! MY PRAYERS GO OUT FOR THE CHAVIRA'S FAMILY !!! BUT I ALSO DONT BELIEVE THAT GABRIEL WAS RESPONSIBLE ....YOU PEOPLE DIDNT KNOW HIM , GABRIEL IS AN WILL ALWAYS BE TO ME A WONDERFUL FUN , LOVING , RESPECTFUL MAN... HE IS NOT A MONSTER AND HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE SHOULD DIE !! ALL I READ IS A BUNCH OF HATE ,YOU MAKE ME SICK !!! YES GABRIEL MADE MISTAKES EARLIER IN HIS LIFE BUT HE ALSO PAID FOR THOSE MISTAKES..GABRIEL WAS A HARD WORKING MAN TRYING TO MAKE A GOOD LIFE FOR HIMSELF!!!I AM A FRIEND OF HIS AND MY LOVE AND PRAYERS ALSO GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY !!! I WILL STAND BY GABRIEL AS WELL !!!

• posted at 6:15 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

fatyahmel: Looking forward to hearing about this monster sitting next to Scott Petersen and the rest in San Quentin, waiting for the chamber doors to click. This monster killed an innocent young man. fatyahmel, your gang member friends were the cowards that showed up with the guns. Maybe she "the instigator" of all this should hear the click of the chamber first. And Ruben, well that coward is off in Mexico hiding out like the coward he is. Hope he is reading all these blogs and knows he too will pay the price.

• posted at 3:56 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

For the record Contrapasso as long as your gonna post things about what an animal Gaberiel is etc. I'll keep commenting. It is a very trying time for the Olivarez family as well. Gabriel, might in fact due time for a crime he didn't commit. And a young man with what seemed like a promising future is now gone. It is a sad state of affairs. However, I can't just sit by and read these comments about someone I've known my whole life. I will not sit by and let this take place. It will not happen. I will stand by Gabriel through it all. He is not the kind of person to pull a weapon, that's just not the way he grew up. I don't expect anyone to understand or care. Just know that you can comment on this page and act as if you live your life a certain way. but if you did you would not have the amount of knowledge you have of that night. I just hope the truth comes out and everyone is exposed for who and what they really are.

• posted at 3:48 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

Read what I'm saying you moron. I'm not talking about Diego. I'm talking about his brothers.They should have been responsible enough and loving enough to send him home.Nope your the hypocryte.And don't get mad at me cause all your comments and other commenters are laying out what happend that night.Your a hypocrite because if these guys are such pillars of society how in the heck do they know this person "Gabriel" who supposedly shot them. And how do they know this Ruben? And all this talk of some female that started this.Well how do they know her?You tell me. You know everything.Nope sorry.I got 2 brothers and if they ever tried to involve my son in something as stupid as this.Lets just say they know better. It is an unspoken respect.Something you nor anyone on this site knows nothing about.also nope I didn't know Diego,nor the family, but you don't know Gabriel either.Just so you know the paper can report what it wants but Gabriel didn't have a gun.But I am curious, you say diego went there for his brothers. How do I know they didn't have a gun?Oh yea I'm supposed 2 believe U?

• posted at 3:22 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

Fatyamel: Besides being insensitive, you are practically illiterate. You keep reading things into these articles. If you don't know these people, stop talking about them. On one hand, you say..poor Gabriel..and tell people not to judge him because they don't know him. On the other hand, you make judgements about the VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILY....AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THEM! So besides being insensitive, you are a foul hypocrite. Like I said before, if your friend did it, he should pay. And if you have a son then why don't you show Diego's mother some compassion and stop talking crap about her family. Think about it, you insensitive ogre, would you want ignoramuses like you posting all kinds of crud about your DEAD child..?????I don't think so! And you get all insulted if anyone dares to say anything about your supposedly angelic friend! Sickening. You should stop and think before you open your trap.

• posted at 1:46 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

In the most recent article, it says Alex chavira received a call from his mother that she heard gunshots and she asked him to check on his brothers. When he went to the scene he asked cops if it was his older brother. How many brothers were there that night. 3 of them? and why?I could say Gabriel has a large heart but would you believe me? nope.All I know is I have a son and if I had relatives who were into krap or in trouble they shouldnt be into I wouldn't send my baby son in there to be killed.If Diego wasn't street smart his brothers certainly were. They knew what time it was they all did.Also since you kno so much about what happend, were the Chavira's carrying a gun that night? Did the events just happen to play out differently than they anticipated? It wasn't Gabriel.but it could have been someone else and when your dealing with people like that on the streets it could have very well have been one of the Chavira's on the other side of the law.Cause regardless what you say they weren't walking that street at 2am 4 nothin

• posted at 1:40 pm on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

Wow, so much information. How do you know all of this? Were you there? Have you been questioned?Cause it sounds like you should be.I don't have to kno the Chavira's, just like you don't have to know Gabriel. You look at gabriel and his record and you see an unfeeling monster and assume he took someone's life. He didn't. He doesn't carry a gun."GetReal"I have read the comments on all the articles in the Lodi paper.And one of them did say nothing would be better than to put a 9mm to Gabriel's head.what kind of life are you leading that all of you commenting on here have such a great amount of info. for what went on that night. As far as the Chavira's I see cases like this all the time.the family constantly claims the kids weren't into drugs or gangs but someone out ther knows differently.Nope those boys don't need to belong to a gang sounds to me like they had their own little clique.You wanna blame somone blame Diego's brothers what were they doing out ther in an area known for drugs gangs and violence at 2am.

• posted at 10:27 am on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

fatyahmel:I do know the brother very well, and he has a heart the size of Texas. Unfortunately, having such a large heart makes him vulnerable to scum like the female who instigated this mess and her cousin, Gabriel, who took part in it. And guess what else? Having a large loving heart runs in the Chavira family. The brothers were doing what loving family members do: supporting each other. No one is to blame except the nasty tramp who insitgated this and the mindless, idiotic, violent, criminal minions that obeyed her. And yes, free speech is a wonderful thing....however, that has nothing to do with this situation. You said your piece. And now I am going to say mine: If you don't know the Chavira brothers, you have absolutely no right to imply that they are culpable here. You are still nominated for the INSENSITIVE MORON AWARD. If your friend had any part in the death of Diego Chavira, he needs to pay for it.

• posted at 10:06 am on Sat, Apr 18, 2009.

fatyahmel: no one said put a 9 mm to that monsters head...by the way is that the type of gun your buddy used to kill our Diego? No, not a 9 mm to his head, the gas chamber will do nicely. And in line behing him, the woman who made the call. Gang or no gang relationship, she made a call, he was one of the monsters that pursued it. Gas him...we still have the chamber in California.

• posted at 3:45 pm on Fri, Apr 17, 2009.

"Contrapasso" I'm an insensitive moron? unlike u i understand that we are in the U.S. where there is such a thing called freedom of speech. But I would like u 2 kno that i've been reading all comments on all articles about this case.And it is from ppl like u and all the others that i'm gettin my info.Ex.one comment stated there was a female who called her ex and this is how this thing got started. that doesn't sound like it had to do with gang violence to me.i hear all these great things about Diego but i haven't heard anything regarding the brother he was with that night.you guys seem to kno everything you tell me?I'm insensitive?Well i'm not the one (according to your comments)that had my little brother comin out with me, either out of loyalty or to try to get me on the right road, and it ended up costing him his life. and if that is insensitive well so is putting a 9mm to someones head when their innocent

• posted at 5:06 am on Fri, Apr 17, 2009.

fatyahmel: I find it hard to believe that you think somehow the victims are to blame here. Diego was a good kid. Whatever legal problems the brothers have had IN THE PAST are immaterial to this case. To imply that any of the victims deserved this is outrageous. I nominate you for the INSENSITIVE MORON AWARD!

• posted at 2:37 pm on Thu, Apr 16, 2009.

I agree with getreal. Why hasn't the girl been arrested? And yeah, Gabriel is a real pillar of the community. It takes a COWARD to fire a gun in the heat of an argument. And what part of Mexico did the other coward Ruben Carrillo go to? These are NOT MEN they are animals and should be treated as such. And just when did being out late at night become a crime? He was out to talk his brother in to coming home and not get involved with these thugs. If you think that this Gabriel is such a great person you need help!!!!!!

• posted at 7:14 am on Thu, Apr 16, 2009.

U don't kno Gabriel. I could say yeah back in his high school days he did this and he did that. but what was Diego doing now in the present. He was out late at nite. And one of the investigators said these boys themselves were no angels.Granted it gives no1 the right 2 shoot them but get ur facts straight b4 commenting that the person being accused of these crimes is a burden on society and needs a 9mm to the head. And in an article in this paper it looks like Efrin Chavira was also charged with domestic and was defended by the public defender which is why the courts r looking for Gabriel another lawyer. And whose at fault for that costing the taxpayers more money 2 find a lawyer? Chavira? But oh yeah I forgot they're the victems. Nah in these kinda cases it could have been anybody, cause most likely those guys that got shot were living the gang lifestyle its just you guys are in denial. Gaberiel is being wrongly accused due 2 his record. He Isn't a coward he wouldn't shoot some1 like that.

• posted at 9:24 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

The woman that started this needs to be the next arraigned. Public Outcry should force the arrest of the dispicable person that ordered this.

• posted at 7:02 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

2007- I was referring to Mr. Olivarez....who clearly is a "banger" and likely very proud of it. Its sad that the young victims somehow tangled up their young lives into Olivarez' circle of darkness.

• posted at 5:42 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

jramagic, as one of diego's close friends for over 10 years I'm very proud to say Diego never had a "Gang Bang lifestyle". People shouldnt jump to conclusions.... Diego was such a great and sweet person, he DID NOT deserve this. He will be missed very much.

• posted at 5:04 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

LodiJoe, You said it perfectly!

• posted at 3:14 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

Just another victim of the Gang Bang lifestyle now so popularized and glamorized by MTV, VH1, etc....

• posted at 2:42 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

Forget "political correctness", forget due process of law. These punks will be a burden to society for the rest of their natural lives. Nothing a 9mm to the temple wouldn't cure.

• posted at 2:20 am on Wed, Apr 15, 2009.

My deepest sympathy to his immediate family & the extended family of friends who loved Diego so much. I've been told he had a sweet soul, one this world needs to make it a better place. It is hard not to be angry over such a senseless, unnecessary death. My thoughts are with everyone who knew him. My hopes are that justice is served to its fullest extent & that the criminals responsible are stuck living in cages for the rest of their pathetic lives. the freedom the once had