The city of Galt will pay a consultant an additional $25,000 for a water treatment plant expansion.
The item was approved at Tuesday’s Galt City Council meeting as part of a combined list of items known as a consent calendar. There was no discussion.
In other action Tuesday, council members:
- Approved renewing employee health insurance contracts for vision and dental with a combined increased cost of $16,500 for the fiscal year through June 2013. There will be no change to employee charges.
- Discussed City Manager Jason Behrmann’s performance evaluation in closed session. There was no reportable action.
- Accepted the treasurer’s report for the period ending September 2012.
- Approved the second-annual Lighting of the Night event and appropriate $3,050 for expenses.
- Received a report on the development permit streamlining process.
- Canceled the scheduled Jan. 1, 2013, city council meeting due to the New Year’s Day holiday.