The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Galt City Council special closed session
- Discuss performance evaluations for city manager, assistant
city manager, community development director, public works
director, finance director, human resources administrator, parks
and recreation director and police chief.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., City Hall, Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Animal Commission
- Discuss the 2009 annual report to the Lodi City
- Receive reports on shelter statistics, shelter improvements and
spay and neuter voucher program.
- Receive updates on shelter polities and procedures manual, the
disaster preparedness plan and the 10 lifesaving shelter
When and where: 6 p.m., Lodi Police Department, community room, 215 W. Elm St., Lodi.
Lodi Library board of trustees
- Discuss and approve proposed 5-year technology plan for the
- Approve the 2010 holiday closure schedule.
- Report on progress of library improvements.
- Receive information on the potential strategic plan
When and where: 5:30 p.m., Lodi Public Library, 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
Lodi Budget and Finance Committee
The regularly scheduled meeting is canceled.
Lodi Youth Commission
- Receive a report on a Web site update.
- Discuss teen of the month, Fall Formal, family life meeting,
Teen Lead, Lodi House gifts, scholarship reports, spring careers
conference, Facebook and Twitter, Spring Fling, Valentines Dance, a
charity dinner fundraiser and the Parade of Lights.
- Discuss dance contract and host responsibility liability.
When and where: 6 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, Cottage Room, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
- Receive a report on the operations and finances of the Parks
and Recreation Department.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Improvement Committee
- Receive department reports on Planning Commission, the
neighborhood services division and the police
- Discuss topics for upcoming meetings.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union High School District board of trustees
- Approve district curriculum for an ROP culinary arts
- Set the annual organizational meeting date for governing
- Hear a report from Chief Business Official Audrey Kilpatrick on
a budget advisory committee.
- Recognize a number of students, including Tim Marriott, Isaac
Valencia and Dom Stellato, for their recent achievements.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Galt City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Proclaim a state of local emergency for the swine flu, or H1N1.
Possible issues include shortages of medication and the need for
emergency medical plans.
- Donate surplus boat and boat trailer to the Clements Rural Fire
- Declare loan to Lodi Truck Center in Acampo to be in default
for the center being more than 90 days past due. The declaration
would allow county staff and attorneys to perform due diligence in
collection of the loan. The county loaned Lodi Truck Center
$100,000 in 2004. The loan balance is $47,174, plus interest.
When and where: 9 a.m., county administration building, 44 N. San Joaquin St., Stockton.
Morada Municipal Advisory Council
- Growth in Stockton, west of Highway 99 from Morada.
- Report on Stockton General Plan update.
- Groundwater issues.
When and where: 7 p.m., Waterloo-Morada fire station, 6925 E. Foppiano Lane, Morada.
Lodi Arts Commission
- Discuss Project Lodi Art, Artisan Masters Update and Art on the
When and where: Noon, Hutchins Street Square, Thomas Theatre Gallery, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi Planning Commission
The regularly scheduled meeting is canceled.
Woodbridge Sanitary District board
- New information on the flood plain near the wastewater
- Engineer's report regarding a sewer lateral and district main,
and consider payment of claim submitted by Linda Brady.
- Consider employee salary increase.
When and where: 7 p.m., Woodbridge fire station portable classroom, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District 'Table Talk' community forum
- Receive input on how to close a $2.8 million budget deficit for
2010-11 and 2011-12.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., McCaffrey Middle School multipurpose room, 907 Park Terrace Drive, Galt.
Lockeford Community Services District board
- Consider agreement with San Joaquin County regarding terms of
the district acquiring four acres of land for a community park for
the county. Agreement is also subject to approval by the county
Board of Supervisors.
When and where: 9 a.m., old Lockeford schoolhouse, 19456 N. Jack Tone Road, Lockeford.
Thornton Municipal Advisory Council
- Reports on calls for service in Thornton by the San Joaquin
County Sheriff's Office and California Highway Patrol.
- Sewer service.
- Request that Reclamation District 348 conduct meetings in
Thornton instead of Stockton.
When and where: 7 p.m., Thornton Community Center next to New Hope School, 26675 N. Sacramento Blvd.. Thornton.
Reclamation District 348 board
- Update on levee rehabilitation project from Interstate 5 west
to Wimpy's Marina.
- Delta levee maintenance subventions program agreements for the
2009-10 fiscal year.
- Closed-session performance evaluation of maintenance
When and where: 2 p.m., Croce & Co., 501 W. Weber Ave., fifth floor, Stockton.
Woodbridge Irrigation District board
When and where: 9 a.m., district office, 18777 N. Lower Sacramento Road, Woodbridge.