Gang activity on the rise in Lodi and Galt

What makes the cycle of violence so hard to stop?

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 12:00 am

Troy Campbell knows about gangs. By the time he was in eighth grade, he was running with a Compton gang and selling drugs. By age 17, he said he was earning $3,000 an hour in his trade.

It took several trips to jail and some financial woes to make him look for something more reputable.

• posted at 6:11 am on Sat, Apr 24, 2010.

"It's going to change our lives," said Emilio Almodovar, a 13-year-old American citizen from Phoenix. "We can't walk to school any more. We can't be in the streets anymore without the pigs thinking we're illegal immigrants." http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_immigration_enforcementThis is a very typical RESPONSE to police contact by minority teens".ANYONE can obtain and carry a State I-D card to show proof of citizenship!I amn tired of all the whiners as to why America should not enforce immigration law.In many many communities CRIME could go down!

• posted at 2:23 am on Thu, Apr 22, 2010.

THIS IS DIRECTED TO THE NEW CHIEF OF POLICE. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THE GANG PROABLEM? WHY DOSENT ALL OF YOUR OFFICERS WHO SEE A POTENTIAL GANG MEMBER, OR A CAR FULL OF POTENTIAL GANG MEMBERS STOP THEM! PULL THEM OVER! TALK TO THEM! SEARCH THEM! FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE! ITS NOT PROFILING, WE HAVE A GANG PROABLEM AND THE CITIZENS WANT THEM GONE! BEFORE YOU KNOW IT LODI WILL BE LIKE FRESNO OR EVEN OAKLAND YOU HAVE TO ACT NOW! AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT OUR GANG PROABLEM!

• posted at 3:33 am on Wed, Apr 21, 2010.

Who did you blog as before you stole T & C's blog name while he was in jail? Quit being so obsessed with others opinions" I have tried to EXPLAIN it to you TIME AND AGAIN silly pre$$ure$on, "But you just don't get it do you?When LNS went to a Registered forum.... Every Blogger (HAD to choose a Blog name) Webmaster will verify this statement!Any word, combination of words or letters could be (Chosen) by a Blogger and that would be his or her (Identity). Webmaster will verify this statement.If someone wanted for example wanted to use Orange7 as their blog name... but it was already "Registered"... that blog Name would NOT be availabe to any other blogger. Webmaster will verify this statement.When I registered with LNS, I chose T & C because if for no other reason, "It was an Available name, not yet selected by a blogger."You are clearly the one "OBSESSED" with others and it makes me smile. Sorry about your FRIEND being in jail. Maybe he should have been OBEYING the law?

• posted at 3:23 am on Wed, Apr 21, 2010.

Webmaster wrote on Apr 21, 2010 6:53 AM:" When a person logs in to post a comment, the system automatically assigns the person's username. The person making the comment cannot edit the username, nor do we edit the names at Lodinews.com. Dollar signs ($) and ampersands (&) have special meaning in programming languages. It appears that the system on rare occasions strips out those symbols. Please note, T & C, that the ampersand was stripped out of your username in your post at 5:04 p.m. on April 17. The glitch didn't affect only pre$$ure$on, whose username appeared once as "preureon". "I stand corrected webmaster... BUT...I submit this QUESTION TO YOU TO CLARIFY:Can any Blogger simply "CREATE A NEW BLOG NAME USING A NEW E-Mail Address to create a NEW or "Altered" BLOG Name"?Pre$$ure$on can blog under any name he wants but it is still the same person one can tell because he rants and raves about the same thing in EXACTLY the same way.You are forgiven pre$$ure$son this time so you are "Free to go help your homeless friends" "keep out of the rain".

• posted at 3:18 am on Wed, Apr 21, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 20, 2010 8:14 PM:" T&C, you still don't get it do you? I sign in as pre$$ure$ on and the webmaster sometimes shows preureon rather than my blog name I signed in with, pre$$ure$on. You are about as ignorant as they come, Raymond. Remember, preureon=pre$$ure$on. The webmaster misses the 3 $$$ and what do you have? Those are my blog sign ons under the name pre$$ure$on. Who did you blog as before you stole T & C's blog name while he was in jail? Quit being so obsessed with others opinions and get yourself some r&r and unscramble your little pea brain. Pre$$ure$on and preureon are one and the same. Ask the webmaster to verify that. All it takes is one little pea brained e-mail from your dense mind. "Oh Good Lord pre$$ure$on"! Is that the BEST you can do?Now you BLAME LNS for "Altering your blog name when you post!"Now I HAVE HEARD IT ALL!

• Simon Birch posted at 1:53 am on Wed, Apr 21, 2010.

Simon Birch - Online Manager Posts: 150 Staff

• posted at 5:08 pm on Tue, Apr 20, 2010.

T & C wrote on Apr 20, 2010 8:17 AM:" Let's All decide if pre$$ureon is using (2) different Blog names and (NOT FOOLING ANYONE:"T & C: Why do you care so much? You don't care when anyone else uses a bunch of other blog names.

• posted at 3:14 pm on Tue, Apr 20, 2010.

• posted at 3:24 am on Tue, Apr 20, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 9:35 AM:" Gator, seriously, the latest figures show California to be 60% non-white? "Gator wrote on Apr 18, 2010 11:28 AM:" U.S. Census Bureau, White persons percent 2008 76.6 % CA. U.S. 79.8 %There are no Street gangs in California such as the Mexicans, Bikers are notStreet gangs they are involved in crime and not stupid enough to go aroundShooting up the neighborhood."preureon wrote on Apr 18, 2010 4:39 PM:" Gator, were you looking at the 2000 figures? Here's what I quoted from:According to the 2008 ACS Estimates,[6] California's population is:42.3% White (not including White Hispanic)36.6% are Hispanic or Latino (of any race)12.5% Asian6.7% Black or African American2.6% Multiracial1.2% American IndianAnd livable, lovable Lodi is 74.4% white in 2000, although I think Lodi is now 54% or so minority.pre$$ure$on - the $$$ = preureon (What a surprise.No one else was engaging Gater in the race percentage figures."Blaw, Blaw, Blaw, pre$$ure$on, (Post under as many blog names as ya want.)

• posted at 3:17 am on Tue, Apr 20, 2010.

Let's All decide if pre$$ureon is using (2) different Blog names and (NOT FOOLING ANYONE:pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 19, 2010 1:10 PM:" T&C and Gio, I always sign in with the blog name pre$$ureSon and the LNS is the one that gets my name wrong the first post I make every day. You are really funny today. Why would I use another blog name like preureon?Now let's compare (TWO POSTS that are referring to Gater:Hmmm... this should be interesting:Gator wrote on Apr 18, 2010 7:59 AM:" I believe the FBI taskforce on gangs figures are 47% of California Gangs areShall we say of Latin decent and close to half that are ilegals. As for whites2% make up a small part of the Gang problem and those are Bikers such asThe Hells angels, Gypsy Jokers Etc, "Now let's look at the responses of pre$$ure$on and, lol, CONTINUED.....

• posted at 6:47 pm on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

Gee, Gator, you should have told us you were in town.

• posted at 4:50 pm on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

Master gator, you always braggadoccio when you caress the cold trigger of your pisstol? With that supposed red shirt on you're lucky one of those illegal girl scout bangers didn't attack you and scare you back to Nampa. ROFLMFAO

• posted at 11:19 am on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

Hey Prissy I was all over your east side to day wearing a bright “RED” TShirt.. what gives the Tio Taco’s only come out at night?? To bad LodiAve. is closed at the tracks I wanted to see the Latin Mickey-D’s sign..

• posted at 8:10 am on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

T&C and Gio, I always sign in with the blog name pre$$ureSon and the LNS is the one that gets my name wrong the first post I make every day. You are really funny today. Why would I use another blog name like preureon? Maybe the webmaster Marty or Rich could tell you why the 3$$$ are left out when I sign on? And Gio, snitches and rats have been around for years, so does that make me a "gangsta"? I was at that city meeting with your husband last year and he should know who I am and the gang, homeless and food programs I work with. You were the one that made a comment that he may be sitting next to me and I think you were right. I think you're mistaken about the assumptions you make about me and maybe you should do a little research before your hissy objectionist remarks. And, T&C, the real T&C might like to have his blog name back that you so conveniently stole, don't you think? Gio, is your husband as hateful as you and T&C are?

• posted at 4:27 am on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

Gator,The solution isn't more violence, no matter how good it feels. The solution is to control our borders, tighten up our immigration laws, and stop granting flippin' amnesty to everyone. They grant amnesty to illegal aliens, so why stop there? Why not grant it to child molesters, wife beaters, or drug dealers? Heck, why not grant amnesty to all those out there with outstanding traffic warrants or child support orders? If we aren't going to enforce the laws we have on the books now, then they shouldn't be on the books in the first place. Put them in jail instead of sending them back. They knew what they were doing when they tried to sneak under the "radar" to start with. What's the deterrent in a free ride home? Gangs exist because of flaws in the system. Eliminate the flaws....eliminate the gangs.

• posted at 4:15 am on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

Darn, I just looked up the Scared Staight program. It was successful for only average or slightly rebelious kids. The kids with a criminal mindset had adverse effects. Too bad, it scared me straight lol!

• posted at 4:03 am on Mon, Apr 19, 2010.

What ever happened to the Scared Straight program? I watched one on TV long ago. OMG I would NEVER want to go to prison. Watching that had such and impact. I can't imaging seeing that in person. Get some of these young kids/thugs go through that.

• posted at 6:08 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

T & C wrote on Apr 18, 2010 8:35 PM:" pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 5:40 PM:" http://www.nwgangs.com/25206.htmlGator, here is your entire list of documented gangs in Idaho and Montanapre$$ure$on or preureon... whichesver you want to go by... why are you posting a SILLY Idaho & Montana gang statistic in a forum focusing on California Gang activity? That makes absolutely no sense, no sense at all. If you choose to debate gang issues affecting Lodi, California, please use a reputable California gang statistic.We appreciate your cooperation. Reasons: uneducated and he thinks he is gangsta, LOL

• posted at 6:06 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 9:48 AM:" T&C, you're welcome to file a complaint for abuse. I have a feeling that you did but were denied, seeming like the snitch you appear to be. snitch? only a lowlife law breaker uses that term! And that's a fact!

• posted at 3:35 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

• posted at 3:26 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 9:35 AM:" Gator, seriously, the latest figures show California to be 60% non-white? You have many white supremecists, bikers, jugalos, klansmen, white gangs, Italian, Russian, white and Polish mafia type organizations and all those Christian and redneck type militia groups. Gangs come in every color, size and shape. "preureon wrote on Apr 18, 2010 4:39 PM:" Gator, were you looking at the 2000 figures? Here's what I quoted from:According to the 2008 ACS Estimates,[6] California's population is:42.3% White (not including White Hispanic)36.6% are Hispanic or Latino (of any race)12.5% Asian6.7% Black or African American2.6% Multiracial1.2% American IndianAnd livable, lovable Lodi is 74.4% white in 2000, although I think Lodi is now 54% or so minority. "pre$$ureon.... PLEASE STOP BLOGGING UNDER OTHER BLOG NAMES! IT IS EMBARASSING TO US ALL!Comment Rules:■The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.At least since LNS went to a registered forum I have always used T & C!

• posted at 3:23 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 9:48 AM:T&C, you're like a broken record with your naivete and Mexicans being illegal and they're all assumed to be gang members. Why don't you shake them down and ask them yourself? Then you'll find out what does happen to Mexican haters. From your past posts, that's the impression you leave me? I don't believe I ever said once that I hated Hispanics.I don't have to like Gang Bangers, or someone ILLEGALLY in America, just to make you happy.As for any impression I may have left on you pressure$on... you and I won't lose any sleep over that. The feeling is mutual.

• posted at 3:19 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 9:48 AM:" T&C, you're welcome to file a complaint for abuse. I have a feeling that you did but were denied, seeming like the snitch you appear to be.pre$$ure$on! Why are you name calling in this forum? Comment Rules:■Personal attacks, insults or threats.If you cannot control yourself please leave.

• posted at 3:17 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 18, 2010 9:38 AM:" T&C, the good old boys are Lodi, lock, stock and barrel. They control the money and power structure here in this area. Who do you think curries those favors and back door deals for your fine city council, maybe even some cash or vacation gratuities? If this is true my friend... why are you day in, week in, month in, and year in "Complaining instead of trying to change what you perceive as the :Good Old Boy" issue? What is stopping you from running for city council or mayor to "Right all the wrongs" you perceive in Lodi?Instead of seeking CHANGE, you just COMPLAIN without effort to change.Like I said before, you remind me of the little boy with a blackberry thorn in the palm of his hand crying and crying....but won't do the "RIGHT THING" and just pull out the thorn!I would vote for you if ya ran for the city council or mayor, just to watch you accomplish nothing in the way of "Getting rid of the good old boys, "Lock, Stock and Barrel"!

• posted at 2:58 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

• posted at 2:13 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

Census bureau 2008 FYI… as for the Gangs in Idaho they fly under the radar.. for one reason Idaho police aren’t afraid to shoot and do with outHesitation. Next there are to many like me with CCP and do carry and\will use if needed.. I said that one day honest hard working Americans will getfed up enough and clean out the Trash like the Navy did in Long Beach.. you can whine all you want but the illegal’s don’t belong here, aren’t wantedand need to be deported in any manner harsh or not.. And the anchor baby law needs to be repelled.. If you think I’m bad you should hear what someCuban friends of mine have to say about your buddys,,,

• posted at 12:40 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

http://www.nwgangs.com/25206.htmlGator, here is your entire list of documented gangs in Idaho and Montana. The Nampa-Boise is the highest gang infested area and consists of even the juggalos. And wjr, these are stats from 2008 and they have drastically increased toward the minority figures. Show me some documentation on your red/white heritage? These are from 2008 and have certainly increased in the last two years. You can describe them any way you want but the fact is that minorities make up around 57% of the California population. The red/white only skews the numbers to make the great white Anglo WASP's feel like they're still the big boss man. Experts also predict that within 20, or maybe 30 years, the world population will be 60% Muslim.

• posted at 12:05 pm on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

Preureon, most Hispanics are from a white/red heritage and are usually counted as white in a racial census, thus Gators figures are more correct.Hispanic/Latino is not a race, it is a heritage.I would note a person of black/white parents is not considered white, but black. For instance, the President.But Hispanics are not considered red.

• posted at 11:39 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

• posted at 8:05 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

"One day I went to church, my braids in my hair, my pants sagging. This lady came to me and just gave me a hug. That hug communicated to me so much more than a thousand words could have."---I'm about to laugh myself off my couch. We should have a "Hug-A-Thug" day. We will all go out in groups and hug gangbangers into charging thier ways-yep, that's the answer.

• posted at 6:28 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

U.S. Census Bureau, White persons percent 2008 76.6 % CA. U.S. 79.8 %There are no Street gangs in California such as the Mexicans, Bikers are notStreet gangs they are involved in crime and not stupid enough to go aroundShooting up the neighborhood.. The jugalos a street gang are you serious they are a bunch of idiots with bad taste in music,, The California state Prison system is 35% Latin of those over half are illegal.. They stick out likeA wart on your nose.. There will come a time when the regular folks willhave had enough and It will be like when the Navy cleaned out Long Beachduring WW2 and it wont be pretty..

• posted at 4:48 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

T&C, you're welcome to file a complaint for abuse. I have a feeling that you did but were denied, seeming like the snitch you appear to be. It wasn't a threat, merely pointing out how those gang members would welcome you if you had the guts to tell them to their face. And, by the way, I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. T&C, you're like a broken record with your naivete and Mexicans being illegal and they're all assumed to be gang members. Why don't you shake them down and ask them yourself? Then you'll find out what does happen to Mexican haters. From your past posts, that's the impression you leave me?

• posted at 4:38 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

• posted at 4:35 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

• posted at 4:03 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

Lodian wrote on Apr 17, 2010 11:37 PM:" "By age 17, he said he was earning $3,000 an hour in his trade.Hmmmm: Someone "Motivated" esp. at age 17 could work at his trade say 12 hours a day just 30 days and make $864,000.00!I hope pre$$ure$on will double check my math!Does anyone here know of a 17 year old gang banger, or for that matter ANY Gang Banger who makes $864,000.00 a month in Lodi?Where is all this annual millions of dollar income going friends? No one makes $3,000.00 per hour "Legal or illegal"But we can all dream!Bottom line: Conduct some serious Probation/Parole sweeps of Lodi, OVER & OVER again and drive the message home to gang babies that they are NOT wanted in Lodi!

• posted at 3:56 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 17, 2010 10:38 PM:The old regime led by Hansen is about to topple and the old timers in control are slowly becoming senile and have no successors smart enough to take the lead. The News-Sentinel can't even save them anymore with all their lies, spin and cover up articles.Good Lord pre$$ure$on... the "Conspiracy theories you spin!"Aren't you smart enough to be a "Successor pre$$ure$on"? Well, aren't you? What's holding you back from running for City Council or Mayor's Office? Your BIG chance to "Change what you feel is a "Corrupt government" has always been in front of your nose, yet you refuse to pursue a "Plan of Action"!You claim the City of Lodi has "Lost their direction!" What is your direction pre$$ure$on? To let "LIFE" seem like a blackberry thorn in the palm of your hand, doing nothing to remove it... "Or will you stop the rantings of "Good Old Boys" and cover-ups and run for office.Hell, I would vote for you just to give you your shot to put up and make things happen or shut up.Vote for pre$$ure$on everyone.... you too Layla.

• posted at 3:47 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 17, 2010 10:38 PM:" Gator, that's the problem. lodi doesn't dare bring in an outside chief for fear he may expose the corruption that not only exists in the LPD, but city hall itself. It's just the good old boys and their complete control of Lodi.From your perspective, (GOBS) "Good Old Boys"... LOL INFEST every single dept. in Lodi! Good Lord!It sounds to me like you just don't like others being able to make decisions, leaving YOU out of control over what you would like others to do.Yet you stay in Lodi! Yet you don't run for office to change what you IMPLY are corrupt officials. Yet you don't use your so-called, LOL, "Insider knowledge" of all the illegal doings by officials and forward it to Prosecutors, State Investigators or Federal Grand Jury.Your failure to do any of these, acknowledges to us all, that your rantings are without "Merit"!America is full of the "Lil Guy" who went against the system to "Right Wrongs". But one has to want to STOP Whining and take that first step!You just complain and complain.

• posted at 3:39 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 17, 2010 9:14 AM:And T&C, your vigilante efforts will get you nowhere but 6 feet under.LNS Comment RulesDo not post:■Personal attacks, insults or threatsPre$$ureSon we all would appreciate it if you would not post "Implied or Direct threats against anyone in this forum.One day you will be banned again, keepm that in mind before you type without thinking.

• posted at 2:59 am on Sun, Apr 18, 2010.

• posted at 6:37 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

"By age 17, he said he was earning $3,000 an hour in his trade."Now there's a problem.

• posted at 6:33 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Gator wrote "Prissy I would say you made a veiled threat when you said an action could get someone 6 feet under.. Very stupid on your part and it could backfire."People here on the blogs have said a heck of a lot worse than that, Gator (and not veiled).

• posted at 6:31 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

two bears wrote on Apr 17, 2010 8:22 PM:" Of what nationality are the majority of street gangs composed ??"Depends on where you live.

• posted at 5:41 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

and, mastergator, I did n't threaten anyone, just warned your buddy T$C that he's talking over his head qabout gang members and Mexicans, insinuating that they're all gangsters and illegal.

• posted at 5:38 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Gator, that's the problem. lodi doesn't dare bring in an outside chief for fear he may expose the corruption that not only exists in the LPD, but city hall itself. It's just the good old boys and their complete control of Lodi. The old regime led by Hansen is about to topple and the old timers in control are slowly becoming senile and have no successors smart enough to take the lead. The News-Sentinel can't even save them anymore with all their lies, spin and cover up articles.

• posted at 5:21 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Prissy I would say you made a veiled threat when you said an action could get someone 6 feet under.. Very stupid on your part and it could backfire.As for the Gangs being here to stay, dream on, if this Police Chief Can’tget the job done fire him and get some one who can.. Honest hard workingpeople do not have to put up with “Trash”.. They always whine they getthe short end of the stick, really.. Well learn English, get educated andact like you want to be here then could be the stick will go away. But withtheir track record it looks like mission impossible.. But maybe a stay inguantanamo might do an attitude adjustment, one can hope,,,

• posted at 3:22 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Of what nationality are the majority of street gangs composed ??[Sing the Jeaporday song here]And the correct answer is ????You guessed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted at 3:01 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

1422: It wasn't just the parents, it was also the school. A teacher could give one kid a couple of swats with a razor strap and it made believers out of the entire classroom for the entire year! And for others there was the "wrath of the Nuns." OMG. Nobody would dare get out of line there! Then, of course, you had to go home with a note and it happened all over again. :-(

• posted at 12:05 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

sorry for the double post,.

• posted at 12:04 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 17, 2010 9:14 AM:And T&C, your vigilante efforts will get you nowhere but 6 feet under. "What are you "Smoking pre$$ure$on"? We all want to know where in this Blog I implied that Lodi should have "Vigilantee Justice"! It embarasses me and the other bloggers to try to keep you focued pre$$ureon!When I posted the below, I was NOT talking about being "Vigilantee's silly boy:... but rather that "We have a Right to protect ourselves".And I quote:Citizens have the right to obtain a "Concealed Weapons Permit" if they can show proof of completion of a Firearms training course and have a "Clean record". A definition of Vigilantee:NOUN:One who takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into one's own hands. Obtaining firearms training and obtaining a Concealed weapons permit allows someone to not only protect themselves, but also maybe an innocent persons life. A gun permit DOES NOT allow someone to take the law into their own hands.Once more I have had to clarify things for Pre$$ure$one.

• posted at 11:22 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

• posted at 11:12 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

ra wrote on Apr 17, 2010 7:42 AM:" T&C - You make some excellent points.Be careful ra... or you will "Incurr the wrath of pre$$ure$on."

• posted at 9:33 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

1422.....BINGO!

• posted at 9:12 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

1422 your right these kids need what we got back in the day you can't be afraid of your kid.. and as for CPS I understand theres a little girl but any judge should understand you wooped him cause if you didnt do it the system would be dealing with him, I'm thinking a couple days of HIM being with CPS he'll be BEGGING to come home!! as for the sister tell the police Mom did nothing wrong and she could stay with the Mom.. He could deal with Dad or the system in the long run....Peace

• posted at 6:06 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

MAZIE...I like your idea. Put them all on Alcatraz, give them knives, send all the confiscated dope from drug busts toa the island and let them shoot up, snort up and hopefullly OD. Put ONE gang in charge of the food. They will "thin" themselves out naturally and will be constantly resupplied with new morons. Charge Mexico one barrel of oil for each day we keep an illegal incarcerated. Maybe the price of gas will quit rising & making OPEC countries filthy rich.

• posted at 6:01 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Too little, too late; this problem has been a raging red flag for at least 40 years and political correctness has tied the hands of not only law enforcement and parents, but schools and all facilities that might have a positive influence on our kids. We are in a sad state of affairs and I'm not convinced it's going to get better. I’m saddened and heartbroken because not only our cities, but all of our beloved America is losing ground every day.

• posted at 5:26 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Hey everyone stop being pushovers Giovanina there only here to stay if no one does anything about it. stand together get them out of the schools. stop the welfare program. make people work. send them back to Mex. carry a gun and shoot. them.

• posted at 5:10 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 17, 2010 9:14 AM:" Get over it. Gangs are here to stay And T&C, your vigilante efforts will get you nowhere but 6 feet under. "Actually, you are wrong. The crime in Stockton got so bad, in 1854, that they formed a chapter of the San Francisco Committee of Vigilance, and it worked. It's just that left wingers, progressives, etc. don't like to hear it.

• posted at 5:05 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

1422 wrote on Apr 17, 2010 8:13 AM:" Remember the days when kids used to be afraid of their parents? Back when you knew you'd get your butt blistered for doing something stupid? Thanks to CPS the kids are not afraid of parents anymore. Families have always had problems, in the past. The progressives got into all the social agencies and have created a culture of victims and excuses. Decades ago, if your parents got a divorce, you were still expected to succeed in life. Now, the progressives push it as a reason for failure. In America, we are not responsible for the past mistakes of our parents but, now, too many use it for their excuse to fail. A nation of failures and law breakers with excuses, and no expectation to solve their burden on society.

• posted at 4:50 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

I read a good suggestion: open Alcatraz and do a large gang sweep. Put all gang members in Alcatraz and let them kill each other.

• posted at 4:37 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Good words Pre$$ure$on. The thing is that these kids need to see early on that gang life is no life at all, and their not going to get the message if a uniformed cop is giving it to them .

• posted at 4:14 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Get over it. Gangs are here to stay in Lodi and will be coming to your neighborhood soon unless the city of Lodi and LPD relent and allow a non-prrofit gang intervention of citizens and ex-gang members to form a group here to provide intervention and services to reach out to the ethnic community and educate them on gang and criminal behavior. In school programs and speakers that are hard core ex-gang members and shot callers are much more effective than a uniformed police officer. Many of these kids are already primed in the way of gang life in the third grade and those programs need to start at that age level. This would also be a valuable resource to work with and provide information to lead these kids to a productive lifestyle and connect with parents along the way. A lot of those parents fear the police and don't even want to be seen talking to them for fear of retaliation and the intervention counselor can connect with the parents in cases where uniformed poliice can't. And T&C, your vigilante efforts will get you nowhere but 6 feet under.

• posted at 3:48 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

I have posted this idea before. Build old fashioned stocks, the kind that you put your head and hands through. Everytime these gang punks get in a scrape with the law, put them in the stocks right on the corner by the theater. Put a sign that includes their name, gang affiliation and what they did to get there. If their gang colors are red, make them wear all blue jumpsuit and vice versa. All day Saturday (night in jail) all day Sunday should be plenty of exposure. Public humiliation will do a lot more good than jail.

• posted at 3:13 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

Remember the days when kids used to be afraid of their parents? Back when you knew you'd get your butt blistered for doing something stupid? Thanks to CPS the kids are not afraid of parents anymore. My friends son does not have a problem with telling his parents that he isn't afraid of them and he will call the cops on them if they do anything to him. This 14 year old knows more about his "rights" then his parents do. And they are afraid of him. They both have good jobs and he has a little sister. The parents don't want to go to jail and loose the little girl. This kid needs his backside blistered and to be locked in his room for a while. Thanks to CPS he won't get that-and down the line the government will get to take care of him in their prison systems etc.

• posted at 3:06 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

ra - Yes

• posted at 2:42 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

T&C - You make some excellent points. It's interesting that in a time where countless criminals are receiving early paroles and illegal immigrant derived gang bangers allowed to fester that the Democrats in the state legislature are right now working to further restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens to own firearms. Are Democrats really simple enough to believe that criminals register their weapons? Out of touch and out of time.

• posted at 2:21 am on Sat, Apr 17, 2010.

1 (Eagle-Swoop) Multi-Agency Police Probation/Parole raid at as "Many different gang residences" as possible at the SAME TIME" Would get as many drugs/weapons/criminals off the street at one time which has to have a positive effect on reducing the firearms threat in Lodi.Gang babies "Love it when they see a town is losing Police Officers!" It emboldens them to attack rival gangs and innocent people with less fear of capture. Severe over-crowding ensures gang babies that they will only do a small portion of the time they are incarcerated thus there is little incentive to "Obey the law".Knowing they will not be "DEPORTED back to their homeland if it is shown they are illegally in America, means they have no fear of missing their friends or the illegal activities they are so proud of.Citizens have the right to obtain a "Concealed Weapons Permit" if they can show proof of completion of a Firearms training course and have a "Clean record".