- 2011 Sacramento County homelessness by the numbers
- 51 percent decrease in chronic homelessness since 2007.
- 16 percent decrease in overall homelessness since 2009.
- 14 percent of chronically homeless are individuals.
- 1 percent are children under the age of 18.
- 50 percent increase of the number of non-chronically homeless
children countywide since 2005.
- 467 hailed from Galt Joint Union Elementary School
- 7,254 countywide in kindergarten through 12th grade.
— Sources: Sacramento County Office of Education, Sacramento
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2011 12:00 am
Sacramento County officials want Galt to be part of a coalition
between public and private agencies reaching out to end
homelessness. If the joint powers authority is ultimately created,
it will direct funds to programs to combat the issue.
Although a vote was not taken, the idea seemed to receive
support of council members when it was presented at last week's
Friday, October 28, 2011 12:00 am.
| Location Tags: