Locals stunned, saddened by Michael Jackson's death at 50

Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Lodi musicians were stunned and saddened Thursday to learn that Michael Jackson had died.

Fans or not, most agree Jackson's contribution to music is undeniable.

• posted at 8:14 am on Sat, Jul 4, 2009.

Wow that is a bad thing to say about MJ, What if it was your dad would you feel the sane way? He didnt molest anyone. Money hungry people would say anything to get money. Let this man RIP with out people like you out here.

• posted at 3:56 am on Fri, Jul 3, 2009.

Nobody knows the truth....But the stars appear to believe he was innocent and many of his family and close friends, including other children who never witnessed anything untowards.It is in Gods hands now.Mystery girl...

• posted at 1:41 pm on Tue, Jun 30, 2009.

Cogito wrote on Jun 29, 2009 9:37 PM:" Lodian, best singer I've ever seen live (and I've seen Steve Perry)? Annie Lennox, If you get a chance....... "Unfortunately I've never seen Lennox in person. Another great live show memory for me is when we saw QUEEN! But that opportunity is gone now. Good memories. :-)

• posted at 8:21 am on Tue, Jun 30, 2009.

When Farrah Fawcett died God said to her that because she was a good person she will be granted one wish, and she replied "I wish for all the children of the world to be safe."....Then BAM! God took Michael.

• posted at 4:37 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

• posted at 4:34 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Sam, "playing his crotch"? Funniest line yet! If you've noticed, when he grabs, that's when the "whooo" shoots up an octave. It's a vocal boost, not a dance move. Leonard, if Michael played an instrument, he couldn't dance. Everyone wanted to see the moves. His feet were his instrument, and he was a virtuoso.

• posted at 2:11 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Regarding Rock Band... I would think that "Beat it" would be a fun song to play on the game. There's an amazing guitar on that track... hmmm... it's a guy named Eddie Van Halen. Yep, he's sorta good at that guitar stuff. ;-)

• posted at 2:06 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

sam wrote on Jun 29, 2009 5:47 PM:" Leonard said "Did Michael Jackson play an instrument? "I consider great vocals to be an instrument. One of my favorites... Steve Perry. Ahhh, what an instrument!

• posted at 12:47 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Leonard said "Did Michael Jackson play an instrument? "I believe in the last 10 years he has been playing his crotch. What is with that move????

• posted at 12:23 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Lodian wrote on Jun 28, 2009 10:03 PM:" I'm sure a Michael Jackson edition will be coming out. Did Michael Jackson play an instrument?

• posted at 12:07 pm on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

I figured he was a young man, sam; but though my two children are in their twenties....in my book they can still be brats. LOL!

• posted at 10:35 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

wtf, he is in his 30's and is far from being a brat. We have our own opinions and we BOTH are stubborn.You would really like him.

• posted at 10:26 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Poor sam! Even though your kid's being a brat; you still have buds online. LOL!

• posted at 9:45 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

deblaw: The accuser (and his father) are extremely wealthy today. I think this opened the floodgates for more accusers.

• posted at 9:37 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Cogito @ 11:41am: No doubt.

• posted at 8:34 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Leonard, So did all the accusers money problems go away... Funny how that happens...

• posted at 8:26 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Lodian wrote on Jun 29, 2009 11:15 AM: LaToya Jackson has a history of recanting.The funny thing is that her money problems seemed to go away around the time she recanted.A lucky break, I suppose....

• posted at 6:41 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Lodian, what's amazing is that the guy could blow through about a billion dollars in his short lifetime. They will be looking to license everything and anything they can to pay his bills.

• posted at 6:15 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

LaToya Jackson has a history of recanting.

• posted at 6:05 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Interesting.Regarding LaToya Jackson..."In 1993, [LaToya] Jackson, at a press conference overseas, declared that she believed rumors that her brother Michael had sexually abused children. She later stated in an interview that her accusations at this time were delivered under threat of violence from her then husband [Jack Gordon]. She has claimed that these accusations would not have been made by her had she not been under threat."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VnPqCAv47c.

• posted at 3:49 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Lodian wrote on Jun 28, 2009 10:03 PM:" I'm sure a Michael Jackson edition will be coming out. "-Don't count on it. Pedophiles aren't exactly the type of people anyone should be revering. Ask LaToya.

• posted at 3:46 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

WCPatty wrote on Jun 28, 2009 4:11 PM:" I'm late to this discussion but after all the media coverage, I just have to say I'm not shedding any tears over his passing. The gifted and talented Michael Jackson I grew up watching and listening to has been gone for many years now. In his place was a self-destructing and self-indulgent man who, while not proven guilty, had disturbing, unhealthy relationships with children. I for one am sick and tired of the media and others glorifying or excusing such people. "-Yes, and I can't wait to hear from all the other people coming forward who were payed off by Jackson to keep their mouths shut about his drug abuse and other dysfunctions.

• posted at 2:11 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2009.

Lodian, I know they have Rock Band for XBOX. But the last thing I need is more of the necessary hardware cluttering up our house. My wife just HAD to have the Wii fit. We got it in January, it has about 2 hours on it. The novelty of these things seems to wear out quick around here. I'll just play it at other peoples houses.

• posted at 9:12 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

1143: Strike Two.

• posted at 5:03 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

I'm sure a Michael Jackson edition will be coming out.

• posted at 4:40 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Cogito: The Beatles Rock Band will be made for XBOX too.

• posted at 3:22 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

I was too young when the Beatles broke up to go back and see them.

• posted at 3:21 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

WCpatty, never getting to see MJ perform makes me feel his loss. I'll feel the same way if BB King goes without me seeing him. If I could go back, I'd want to see Elvis, Sammy Davis Jr., Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, Queen, And George Jones.

• posted at 3:17 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Lodian, thanks for making my point. if I had Rock Band, I'd definitely be buying The Beatles, along with the AC/DC one! The Beatles are my favorite band of their era, but I'm 51 as of next week. Luckily, I know how to play the real thing, though not very well. I just crank up the distortion and the volume to cover up my inadequacies. Drives my family and my neighbors nuts, just like the good old days.

• posted at 1:36 pm on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

HEY LEONARD .... can you hear me????Our grown son is here, SCREAMING at me because he shares your beliefs about Michael Jackson. SCREAMING !!!!He said your comments were calm and respectful. He said I am insane. His words... "Are YOU INSANE?"Peace out to you both.

• posted at 11:35 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

HYPROCRISY!!! Is That The Correct Spelling? Just checking to see if anyone really reads these comments.Thanks.

• posted at 11:11 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

• posted at 10:14 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Cogito: This is for you (and anyone else interested)...http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/The Beatles Rock Band is sure to be a hit. I'm sure my hubby will be one of the many making this purchase early on. :-)

• posted at 7:45 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

I suppose it doesn't make any sense to try to stoke the fire of voter's contempt for Rush. I have to give him credit for recognizing when someone is trying to bait him.

• posted at 7:32 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

1143 wrote, "How do you spell Hypocrise?"Uh, not like that.

• posted at 6:10 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

You're not making sense, Brian.

• posted at 6:05 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

It is noted that Emperor O'Bama has written a personal note to the Jackson family.................Do you think Big "O" will have time in his busy schedule to write a note to the families of Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett and others?????????????How do you spell Hypocrise? Better yet....How does one pronounce the word.Go O'Bama!!!!

• posted at 5:33 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

voter,Are you going to concoct a story about Rush coming close to spending as much on drugs as Jackson as a "Red Herring"?Are you on the same level as Lodian?

• posted at 5:28 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

voter,Absolutely!

• posted at 5:08 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

What time was MJ's bedtime?When the big hand was on the little hand....

• posted at 4:54 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Brian wrote on Jun 28, 2009 9:28 AM:" Does she believe that his stardom should not be stained by his blatant dysfunctions? "Is Rush "stained" for you too?

• posted at 4:50 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Michael Jackson was a great song writer and performer.There Lodian. Now you can't accuse me of not acknowledging his good attributes.

• posted at 4:32 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

To be clear, I didn't excuse Rush's drug abuse.

• posted at 4:28 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

There are reports out that Jacksonspent a billion dollars on prescription drugs in his lifetime. There is no excuse for this. Many here didn't excuse Rush for his drug abuse. Is Lodian that stubborn to sweep Jackson's drug abuse under the rug?Does she believe that his stardom should not be stained by his blatant dysfunctions?

• posted at 4:15 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Leonard wrote:This idea that the most heinous and disgusting crimes are somehow excused by an individual's celebrity and wealth is, simply put, disgusting. Lodian, What part of this statement is not true?

• posted at 4:12 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Weezer, Amazon reported recently (obviously) that since MJs death, 60% of their record sales is MJs music. That's got to be unprecedented.

• posted at 4:08 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Weezer, there are a lot of people out there who are like me. 50 year old gamers. I play XBOX live with a group called "XBOX Silverbacks". They're all old guys like me. The people my age buy an awful lot of games, for them selves, their kids, and grandkids. My grandson is playing XBOX right now (Scooby Doo). So, is there a demographic out there for Rock Band, Beatles edition? You bet. They target the market with the most disposable income. But it may not necessarily be the people you think it is. Who wouldn't want a vehicle to teach their kids, and grandkids, a little appreciation for their music? Plus, let's see how it sells.

• posted at 4:06 am on Sun, Jun 28, 2009.

Lodian wrote on Jun 27, 2009 11:47 AM:" Yikes, Leonard, I'm scared for you... in the same boat with dyan and Brian. "-I figured Lodian would at least acknowledge Jackson's pedophilia.But that's not the case here. Instead, she chooses to criticize the messengersall for the sake of advancing the continuous media hype of Jackson with little regard to the victimized children and the families who have to remain silent all in the name of not staining Jackson's stardom. Their silence will only be short-lived, though. I can't wait to see the first documentary exposing Jackson's darkside.He got off to easy. He knew if he ever went ot jail, a pedophile is the lowest in the pecking order in prison.

• posted at 11:18 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Thanks, sam!

• posted at 11:01 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

wtf, you asked about his kids. This photo of them was posted today.http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/article-1195641-01e3919700000578-693_634x629.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.babble.com.au/2009/06/27/michael-jackson%25E2%2580%2599s-kids-%25E2%2580%259Cdoing-fine%25E2%2580%259D-following-his-death/&usg=__-ZmZEdMuYr1aujjg0zrNI_JkJuw=&h=415&w=418&sz=44&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=Xk7y4k_A3qg81M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=125&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dphoto%2Bof%2Bmichael%2Bjackson%2527s%2Bkids%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

• posted at 10:18 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Thanks wtf.

• posted at 9:56 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

sam here's an article I came across by MJ and, to me, it has his "voice"....that of innocence.http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2000/12/My-Childhood-My-Sabbath-My-Freedom.aspx?p=1And here's an article with Sen. Inhofe saying that the Senate will NOT pass the Cap and Trade Bill....I only hope this comes to pass.http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2009/20090603094659.aspx

• posted at 8:22 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Cogito wrote: Very few people under 35 care all that much for Lennon/McCartney.I agree. That's why there's a Rock Band Beatles edition coming out.P.S. Please refer to LO's post about sarcasm. ;-)

• posted at 7:00 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

sam, thanks for your post on Jun 27, 2009 11:17 AM. Anorexia alone could cause some serious health issues; but my gut says there is something suspicious about his death.I'll find out about the Senate vote.

• posted at 6:47 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Yikes, Leonard, I'm scared for you... in the same boat with dyan and Brian.

• posted at 6:18 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

wtf, when is the Senate vote?

• posted at 6:17 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

wtf, Chopra said he was NOT in good health. He was heavily addicted to drugs ( perscription drugs) , an anorexic, in constant pain and a tormented man.

• posted at 6:13 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Regarding his third child, since this child's face has never been seen and he was born of an unnamed surrogate mother, my money is on this child being a clone of MJ.Sounds far fetched, I know; but don't forget Dolly the sheep and there have been many other clones since. Why not a human? MJ was "out there" enough to try it.If true, the results would be interesting in that the "Nature vs. Nurture" debate might finally be laid to rest. LOL!

• posted at 6:11 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Since MJ appeared to be in such good health before he passed; my first thought was: What type of Life Insurance did he have and who was the beneficiary? As odd as it may seem, he might have been 'worth' more to someone dead than alive. What I'm saying is that his death may not have been accidental; and don't forget, MJ was the poster boy for Reagan and Daddy Bush. LOL!

• posted at 6:11 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

The nastiness that pops into my mind almost always involve political and financial chicanery. LOL!Part of this mindset is from personal experience i.e., any time I get an erroneous bill, it is ***always*** in the biller's favor; not mine, the billee. The Law of Averages doesn't work that way; it should be in my favor at least 50% of the time. ;)

• posted at 5:55 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

sam wrote: "Deepak Chopra said MJ on stage was a professional ... but behind the scenes he was like a 12 year old."Thank you. This confirms my impression. In the interview I watched, MJ seemed to have a sweetness and innocence about him like a child. And he told the interviewer that those with dirty minds would construe something else. I thought he hit it on the head. Not everything in the world is nasty; only those whose minds work that way see it. This has ruined many families...not that there aren't pervs out there; but I don't think it's as wide-spread as is portrayed in the MSM.

• posted at 5:51 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

sam wrote: "I thought it barely passed through the house but has not passsed the senate. Am I wrong????"No, you are absolutely right! The final vote was 219-212 with eight (8) Republicans switching over to the yea side at the last minute. These eight (8) were:Bono MackCastleKirkLanceLoBiondoMcHughReichertSmith (NJ)And here's a link to the final vote on the House website:http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll477.xmlWe can only hope the Senate defeats this bill.

• posted at 4:42 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

dogs4you on June 26 OJ statement. I agree with you 120%. Your statement was definitely not at all racist. You were just stating facts. I was in LA clear back during the Watts riots and saw first hand what came down. Blacks in LA hated the LA Police even back then. A lot of their hatred is warranted for sure, but what do they get by burning down their city?

• posted at 4:40 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Leonard's right. Can you imagine doing what this guy did if he were a teacher?Would he keep his job? Would the state-run media cover for him? Would all other news stories stop to pay tribute to the king upon his death?

• posted at 4:27 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

While he did have some cool songs,he was'nt right...if any of us Lodians have done what he has'or been accused of,we would not have made front page news.WHY was Farrah on the back of the sport page?She should have been front page.

• posted at 3:50 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Leonard wrote on Jun 26, 2009 8:25 PM:" The accusations that actually made it to court were not the first or the last. His own sister accused him of being a pedophile and paying off his victims almost 20 years ago"I cannot and will not be a silent collaborator in his crimes against young children... Forget about the superstar, forget about the icon. If he was any other 35-year-old man who was sleeping with little boys, you wouldn't like this guy.-LaToya Jackson, 1993 "LO wrote on Jun 26, 2009 8:24 PM:" Leonard...you are displaying a classic closed mind.-Lo, is LaToya displaying classic closed mind too????

• posted at 3:17 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Why should anyone be "shocked" by the passing of Michael Jackson? He placed an unsustainable burden upon himself that ultimately crushed him. Very Sad -- you can fill yourself up, and still feel completely empty. May God be with the Jacksons.

• posted at 2:55 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Lodian wrote: I think Michael Jackson will become like Elvis... remembered forever.-And marred in controversy, to say the least.

• posted at 2:44 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

A more suiting title for Michael Jacksonis the "King of Popper".

• posted at 2:40 am on Sat, Jun 27, 2009.

Now we have a pharmicist coming forwardwho said he filled over $100K worth of precriptions for Michael Jackson. The investigation into his death and what leaded up to it is just beginning.

• posted at 4:46 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LOL...wtf, I'm none of those.lol....in fact, I am a stay-at-home single mom with a chronically ill son who does what she loves as a business to have both the time and money. I'm an artist who makes pretty good money...so, may I say, your comments have simply shown you are a little person with no empathy for people. I'm a liberal and damn proud of it. Yep, I even voted no on prop H8.I voted for Obama, too...did I mention that? At least he will make some changes instead of driving this counrty into dispair.....like good 'ol Bush did.Again, please look up SARCASM.....you really need to learn about that. :-)

• posted at 4:36 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

wtf said "I got the impression he was a bit emotionally underdeveloped."AMEN ! Deepak Chopra said MJ on stage was a professional ... but behind the scenes he was like a 12 year old.Yes... MJ was screwed up. Yes he loved to be around boys. Yes he wanted to reclaim his childhood. But for Deepak to throw his reputation out there to defend MJ... I have to believe him.MJ, to me, seemed like a lost boy (from Peter Pan) looking for a home.

• posted at 4:29 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

wtf, I thought it barely passed through the house but has not passsed the senate. Am I wrong????

• posted at 4:20 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

On a side note: Great posts, sam! Agree with everything you said. My take was that MJ was trying to recapture a childhood he never had. Also, saw part of an interview he did for 60 Minutes or 20/20 - can't remember which - where he explained his rationale for what he did; not smart but not evil, either. I got the impression he was a bit emotionally underdeveloped.

• posted at 4:20 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Bad news, dogs, Cap and Trade **did** pass. This means higher taxes for all of us. I can't help but chuckle at people who call themselves business owners who actually say they want higher taxes.In my book, this means that these "businesses" are either illegal, subsidized by the government or have a government contract. So of course these "business" owners would want the rest of us shafted; means more for them.But then they aren't really business owners either...they're government flunkies feeding at the trough. LOL!

• posted at 4:15 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Dogs...Lets just say 9 jury members vote not guilty and the rest vote guilty...what happens in a trial?Come on, I'll let you think about that for a while..But that didn't happen, did it?....THEY ALL voted NOT GUILTY.....I agree that OJ was guilty...but come on, the evidence was so mishandled from day one. A reasonable doubt was created...thanks to the LA police. You come across as a bit racist, too. ..just saying....

• posted at 3:55 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LO, I don`t think so, did you see the make-up of the jury, 9 blacks, like all black people hate the LAPD. They had a verdict before the trial started, and took all of 30 seconds to make their decession. Better to let a killer go free than to have LA burn to the ground. The entire LAPD was on duty, all the gas stations and liquors were closed. Guess why. One black woman was going to write a book about the trial, funny thing, she never read a book in her life. And LO, you know the KILLER got the best defence money could buy. Right.

• posted at 3:37 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Good Night, Lenny....:-)

• posted at 3:35 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Really Leonard????LaToya Jackson???!!!!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_JacksonShe later retracted that comment. Come up with something else. People wanted his money...thats it.

• posted at 3:34 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Agreed Sam.This subject simply makes my blood boil.Have a good evening, I am going to sign off and try to think about something that doesn't make me sick to my stomach.-Lenny

• posted at 3:29 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard, maybe we should agree to disagree.I do respect you as a person and always appreciate your opinion.

• posted at 3:25 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

• posted at 3:24 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard...you are displaying a classic closed mind.Wow....is this what church does for YOU?You ignore the facts, disregard the decision granted by his fellow peers...and you refuse to accept that he may never have done it. Why are you so convinced he DID?Seriously, please back up your statements with something other than your glorified opinion.

• posted at 3:19 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Dogs....you seem a bit bitter.Maybe money got O.J. off...but maybe the LAPD messed up the invesigation so bad that a "not guilty" verdict was imminent from the get-go.Who knows.

• posted at 3:18 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

sam wrote on Jun 26, 2009 7:56 PM:" PTL ? Praise The Lord? So sorry to hear your hate.I'm sorry he hurt those children. I'm glad he can never hurt another child.

• posted at 3:03 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

PTL??? Really??? Leonard, than why are so many children taken from us at early ages???? Is that God striking them down as well???Sam....I agree with you.... :-)The history of the "victims" family speaks for itself....Leonard needs to read up on it.

• posted at 3:03 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard, per you, because a man can by an acquittal doesn`t mean he is innocent, ahhhh Leonard it worked for O J. the first time around that is.Loblaw, you count a celebrity by how many time he or she, mostly she has been to see a plastic surgeon. A little nip here and a little tuck there and viola, point me to the red carpet. If they look over 40 they are most likely 60 and washed up. Case closed.

• posted at 2:56 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

PTL ? Praise The Lord? So sorry to hear your hate.

• posted at 2:54 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard, God struck the scumbag down? Are you kiddding me? You believe that?

• posted at 2:51 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

No "break" is needed, Leonard. I do believe he was a troubled man. I do believe he was on a quest to find the childhood he never had. BUT I do not believe he was a child molester.

• posted at 2:49 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

sam wrote on Jun 26, 2009 7:39 PM:I do think MJ did some crazy stuff that set him up for being accused, but sorry he was never convicted.You ever hear of OJ Simpson?There can be a big difference between "not guilty" and "innocent".I don't want to get nasty here. I've said my fill and I don't think anyone has any doubt about how I feel. You are entitled to your opinion.Fortunately, God has made the whole question mute by striking the scumbag down and sending him somewhere where he can finally pay for his crimes.PTL!

• posted at 2:48 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Yeah dogs, it is pretty clear from all your posts that you don't care about celebrity news at all. Uh huh....

• posted at 2:45 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Give me a break Sam. You know and I know that he did it. We both know how he avoided getting convicted as well.Just because a man can buy an acquittal doesn't mean that he is innocent.

• posted at 2:39 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I just heard Dr Deepak Chopra talk about Michael Jackson on CNN. He was a dear friend of MJ for over 20 years and does not believe for one minute that he molested kids. His own kids went on the World Tour with him and said they too never saw child abuse. He said he has had MJ live with him at times.My sister has been a colleague of Dr Chopra's for 11 years. He is an honorable, intelligent doctor. He is not a fool. She believes him, and that is good enough for me. I do think MJ did some crazy stuff that set him up for being accused, but sorry he was never convicted.

• posted at 2:33 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

No Dyan...He does NOT have it right. May I recommend you read up on it as well.

• posted at 2:31 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard: do you have all of the facts? I mean, you are talking about a case where he was found "NOT GUILTY"...AND...the so-called victims mother actually filed a lawsuit againt J.C.Penney after shoplifting from them, claiming they beat her (upon arrest)...the lawsuit was for over 3 million...AND SHE WAS THE SHOPLIFTER!!!!!! Did it ever occur to you that perhaps they were just allegations? Read up on the facts, all of them. Regarding the mother, the family history...all of it. MJ paid for that childs cancer treatment and all....but all you can do is accuse.

• posted at 2:31 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Go Leonard. This one you got right.

• posted at 2:26 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard, I cannot find a link that states Michael Jackson was convicted of child molestation. Will you please provide the link that states he was convicted .Thanks.

• posted at 1:59 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Am I the only one here who isn't drinking the Kool Aide?This guy MOLESTED CHILDREN!!!I thought that would have at least earned him the business end of the Baby Eagle from some members of this forum.I guess child molestation is only bad if you are poor and unknown.What the hell???:(

• posted at 1:37 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Loblaw, as far as celebrity news is concerned, I`ll send you quarter, call someone who gives a s***.

• posted at 1:35 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Ivan wrote "In 50 years, no one will remember him at all."I disagree. I think Michael Jackson will become like Elvis... remembered forever. In fact, I predict that his popularity will increase for many years to come.

• posted at 1:34 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Cogito, nice blogs.

• posted at 1:20 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Also Bob, all of Lennons post Beatles music wasn't all that good. And with the exception of "Maybe I'm Amazed", neither was McCartneys. As a duo, or band rivals, the wrote some amazing stuff. But, there's no way that they were on par with Jackson as far as a stage act. As long as there's footage of his performances, he'll be around. Very few people under 35 care all that much for Lennon/McCartney.

• posted at 1:11 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Sorry Bob, I stand corrected. Ivan, McCartney had no room to gripe. He had the chance to outbid Jackson for the catalog, and wouldn't go any higher. And he had the money. The thing is McCartney is a hypocrite. McCartney owns the Buddy Holly catalog and sells it for commercial use. So does Paul only consider his music sacred?

• posted at 1:04 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

My understanding is that McCartney despised Jackson for what he did to the Beatles catalog.I heard some idiot on the news comparing Jackson's timely demise to the death of John Lennon.Jackson was no John Lennon. He wasn't even a Ringo Starr. In the grand scheme of things Jackson was more like a Fatty Arbuckle. In 50 years, no one will remember him at all.

• posted at 12:24 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Cogito and dogs, you need to pay better attention to celebrity news. David Carradine was part of the Kill Bill death trilogy (no pun intended), along with Shih Kien and Wayman Tisdale (who did some musical arrangements for the soundtrack and is in the end credits).Keep up with this important stuff dammit!

• posted at 12:19 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

wtf...There is a word you might want to look up in your dictionary...it's called SARCASM. It loses its luster when you have to explain to people who just don't comprehend, or lack humor..(no offence to you personally..lol). I'm sorry...next time I'll spell it out for you. :-)I could have ignored, but this was just more fun!

• posted at 12:09 pm on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Dogs, my dad looks awful with no treatment. My cousin looks normal... just very white... lily white.I know the process takes months and months... and nope... no clorox.Looking at the treated and the non treated, if I ever get the disease I am going for the lily white look.

• posted at 11:48 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LO wrote on Jun 26, 2009 3:03 PM:" I'll bet anyone here that Leonard doesn't like Michael Jackson....any takers??? lol..Child molesters in general really get my goat.To be fair however, I have never been a fan of cr@p pop music. I was far to busy listening to Black Flag and the Stiff Little Fingers to waste any time on Michael Jackson, Wham and Milli Vanilli.

• posted at 11:44 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Sam, did you cousin get in a tub full of Clorox, hope it was worth it, sounds painfull.

• posted at 11:41 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I`ll take his nose for $500 Alex.

• posted at 11:12 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

barelykim, Michael Jackson had the skin disease Vitiligo. The only known treatment is to bleach the skin and stay out of the sun.My "white" father has had it for 60 years. He has never had it treated and he has huge spots (some the size of silver dollars and some 10 inches in diameter) all over his body.My cousin came down with the same disease 10 years ago and he is treating his. The doctor"bleaches" his skin. He is lily white now but the spots do not show. He cannot go out in the sunbecause of the treatment.MJ became "whiter" because of the treatment for the disease.

• posted at 11:11 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

BobLoblaw, make that a foursome, you left out David Carradine.WTF, I read about the Cap and Trade, if it passes, well you don`t want it to, especially if you hate being taxed. Pelosi and Reed are for it and it would seem they along with Obama are on a mission to totally destroy this country. They have spent more money in 5 months that President Bush did in 8 years. Something can be done to change this, its called 2012.

• posted at 10:58 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

...and actually Ebony and Ivory worked out pretty well considering he started out as one and spent the better part of his life becoming the other.

• posted at 10:57 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Pooreastside..." Beatles didn't have a problem with him using their songs"??? WTF (the real one not the guy who keeps sidetracking the conversation). Which Beatle did you ask? John? George? Hello...MJ sold off volumes of material for crappy commercial gain. I do notice that none of his music is being used to sell cars and life insurance. He had zero respect for those he called his mentors and friends. Yea, yea, yea...I'm talking about Paul who hit a real low point with his association with the infamous MJ. The Dog Gone Girl Is MIne? Someone needed to die for that alone...

• posted at 10:56 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Bob, what "celebrity death trilogy" does David Carridine fit into?

• posted at 10:39 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

As for my "rants"...no one has to read them, or respond to them as you did. There are plenty who like to read what I write and just as many who don't. It's really very simple, LO: If you don't like/agree/whatever with what I'm posting, then just ignore it.There's been many times I've posted and and the rest of the conversation has continued on its merry way.

• posted at 10:30 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LO wrote: "I'll bet anyone here that Leonard doesn't like Michael Jackson....any takers???"Wow! That's profound. I can see what you mean about my posts taking up valuable space and wasting precious time. I mean....there are just no words for the depth of your observation LO.

• posted at 10:03 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I'll bet anyone here that Leonard doesn't like Michael Jackson....any takers??? lol..Honestly though, those parents have a lot of money now. Hard to say what motivated all involved, or even how it all went down behind closed doors.He was a great artist, if you choose to disregard all of the creative milestones he was resposible for, thats your right. I feel he was a wonderfully creative artist who was lost in so many ways...except when he was on stage.. Pure and simple.

• posted at 9:52 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

pooreastside wrote on Jun 26, 2009 2:10 PM:You guys have a right to your opinion, but you can't state it as a fact. cogito,libraryguy,leonard,barely kim, Michael was never convicted as a pedophile.Not guilty is not the same thing as innocent. God will judge him for his actions and, if the Bible is worth the paper it is written on, he will burn in Hell.Good riddance to bad garbage.

• posted at 9:50 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LILSWEETS68 wrote on Jun 26, 2009 2:33 PM:" Let's keep this positive and only reflect on the good that he brought to so many lives. Why? The man was a monster who hurt little children.He deserves and, indeed, he demands our contempt.

• posted at 9:38 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

The celebrity death trilogy strikes again! MJ completes the triumvirate of Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett.Walter Cronkite can sleep easy, for now....

• posted at 9:36 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

wtf....not sure you really want to hear this, but so far, you have not been to concerned about what others think of YOUR rants and extreme thoughts....so, here it goes...I personally feel tax hikes are the only way out of this mess, if even short term. People want, want and want yet no one wants to pay for it. Well, someone has to cover it. And yes, it's the taxpayers. I own my own business and realize the only way to cover everything that is being utilized by millions upon millions of Americans is by raising taxes. I mean...come on. Sure, goverment spending is an issue, always has been....but taxes are something we will have to continue to pay, and more of them as the years and population grow. It's simple math. And as for your comments about people "dwelling" on MJ....please, get a life. You're the fanatic here. Write congress or something instead of pushing your opinions around..on a MJ site no less....please. You're wasting valuable time on here...you could be changing the world, one tax cut at a time.

• posted at 9:33 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Let's keep this positive and only reflect on the good that he brought to so many lives. I was really shocked...Being 27, he literally was the Elvis, JFK and Marilyn among others to people my age. Growing up in the 80's, where he was a fixture, I will always cherish his music and creative ability to entertain. He will be terribly missed by those he mentored and the lives he touched!!I pray for comfort among fans, friends, family as well as his children!r.i.p. Michael Joseph Jackson! p.s. let's not forget Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett too!

• posted at 9:17 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I'm reminded of Nero fiddling while Rome burned...bread and circuses...you show, LO, that that is what people want and when the bread runs out and the circus leaves town, don't complain about it. LOL!

• posted at 9:14 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LO, yes I agree that Michael Jackson's passing is a sad thing and he was a very talented indidivual; however, how can your talking about his death change anything? How can all the posts about his alleged molestation, or snipes about Elvis change the fact that he's gone? How is this going to help people when they lose their job or can't pay for food or pay their electric bill?Why does the MSM give us 24/7 coverage on Michael Jackson's death and sit around speculating on the cause...no hard facts, just speculation.Why not cover things that are going to affect the pocket books of millions of Americans?

• posted at 9:10 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

wtf-you're on the wrong page. This is for an icon that died.You guys have a right to your opinion, but you can't state it as a fact. cogito,libraryguy,leonard,barely kim, Michael was never convicted as a pedophile. Some people got fat off their stupid slander and law suits. Beatles didn't have a problem with him using their songs Ivan D, why do you, or are you speaking for God again?Rest in Peace our beloved Michael. You gave so much. Right on LO. At least someone with sense.

• posted at 8:43 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

WTF, the fact is (speaking for myself here)...I am just expressing my opinion on an Artist who passed. I have voted, and I hope things go well in Washington....I did my part and I will not spend my entire day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year stressing over what they will (or will not) do In D.C. I have too much in my life to worry about that politicians can't fix (or even mess up! lol)Please don't talk politics here....that is a discussion that rarely (if ever) leads to anything positive.

• posted at 8:30 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

While all this MJ stuff is going on, the California legislature has tried to pass more taxes the fact California voters said NO, CONgress is getting ready to pass an 'energy' tax that will put their hands deeper into our pockets and Israel's army is massing at the Lebanon border....again, and Bernanke has threatened to crash the system if the Fed is audited.These matters will have more effect on the average American than MJ's death. Toxicology reports won't be available for about three weeks and by that time, everyone who's "so concerned" about MJ right now will have some new "item" to be "concerned" about....just not the items that affect most of us.

• posted at 8:30 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

LO wrote: Is this a Politics article we are commenting on????No it's not; but while everyone is standing around speculating and commenting on Michael Jackson, the government is giving us the royal shaft. Haven't you figured it out yet? Anytime there is a royal shaft about to happen, the MSM gives us 'sensational' stories 24/7.

• posted at 8:22 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Now is the time to turn up the pressure. Call your representative immediately and urge them to vote against this latest tax scheme. (American families could end up paying several thousand dollars a year in higher energy bills as a result of HR 2454.)Make sure Representative hears from you! For email and fax information, visit our HR 2454 action page here.

• posted at 8:22 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

**********WE INTERRUPT THIS MEDIA CIRCUS WITH AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE**********Just received this and wanted to pass it on....My source has been informed by legislative sources on the Hill that a vote on "Cap-and-Trade" (Cap-and-Tax) is likely to come around 5 pm eastern today....chances are, it's already a done deal by the time I post this.Once again, most legislators have no idea what is in the 1,201 page bill about to be put up for final vote.Passing Cap-and-Trade is a very high priority for this administration, but a procedural vote earlier this morning only produced a 217-205 favorable result. This very tight margin proves your calls and emails are having an impact.

• posted at 7:55 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

peppier2....I suppose Elvis offended you as well with all of that pelvis stuff, huh?People have a right to dislike/like him....regardless, he did a lot for the music industry. No one person can deny THAT fact.

• posted at 7:41 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I understand that Michael Jackson arranged to be an organ donor. I wonder who will get his nose?

• posted at 7:32 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Wow! I can't believe I actually agree with Leonard on everything he said in this thread.

• posted at 7:25 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard, I'm with you in your comments.Personally, I didn't like his singing and touching the crotch isn't cool.

• posted at 7:10 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Deblaw... I was, still am, such a Thriller fan. And I can still do the moonwalk. So can my adult kids !!!

• posted at 6:58 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Sam.. That was a great song amongst many in his short life time...

• posted at 6:53 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

When the autopsy results come in they are going to find out that he melted.

• posted at 6:47 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Sorry... "We Are The World".

• posted at 6:44 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Leonard, I think the parents were just money hungry and saw away to get it...

• posted at 6:42 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Bob, I agree. He also wrote Feed The World with Lionel Richie to address world hunger.

• posted at 6:30 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I remember when MJ visited the victims' families of the Cleveland School massacre in 1989. Say what you want about him, but that act surely earned him some points with whatever god he worshiped.

• posted at 6:30 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

These comments are confusing...I'm sorry was this article about a death of a humanitarian, a politician or someone who changed the course of music FOREVER?

• posted at 6:28 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

deblaw wrote on Jun 26, 2009 11:05 AM:" Leonard, you really think his attorney was responsible for the parents that agreed to take millions of dollars in lieu of charges? "I think justice was miscarried. I doubt anyone here can really (honestly) argue otherwise.

• posted at 6:22 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Is this a Politics article we are commenting on???? WTF....come on, seriously? there is another place for that....and yeah, I voted for Obama. :-)

• posted at 6:14 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

And here's the next up and coming star!"Obama Man" by Greg Mortonhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhhkF3dqXR0&feature=player_embeddedEven as we go back and forth over Michael Jackson, CONgress is voting on the "Cap'n Trade" Bill....another way for them to stick their hands in our pockets....as if we in Lodi didn't already have high enough energy bills.Editorial: Legislators need to reveal costs of cap-and-trade billhttp://www.detnews.com/article/20090626/OPINION01/906260327/1008/Editorial--Legislators-need-to-reveal-costs-of-cap-and-trade-bill

• posted at 6:05 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

• posted at 6:00 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Of course he will go back to God and share his life with those who have passed.I can't believe people still believe in a being called 'satan'. Do people still believe the world is flat? God wouldn't allow 'fallen angels' to exist.

• posted at 5:58 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I am a little old to comment on Mr. Jackson's "music" one way or another but what really bissed me off was what he did with the Beatles catalog.Pimping Beatles songs to sell athletes foot powder.... apparently there was no low to which this fellow wouldn't sink to make a dollar.

• posted at 5:56 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I just put in a bid to buy his prosthetic nose on ebay.

• posted at 5:55 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

God?I suspect he will be talking more with that other feller.

• posted at 5:54 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Dot dot dot.....WELL SAID!

• posted at 5:48 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

And enough with the molestation and character assaults, I'm sure whatever he has or hasn't done will be a conversation with his God.

• posted at 5:47 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

His passing is very sad for the music world indeed. I do question why LNS would ask 3 teenagers and a 21 year old their opinion and not have a range of ages. These kids didn't even see the premiere of Thriller, or see him moonwalk for the first time on TV... can we get some variety or were we hanging out by the Theater again???

• posted at 5:32 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Cognito, he has a star of his own, in addition to the star for the Jackson 5.. 2 stars!

• posted at 5:29 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

His whole life consisted of extreme highs and lows. He never had a normal childhood himself....and IMO, his fame was curse....He was a great entertainer who made some very bad decisions, but I also feel those decisions were never questions by those closest to him...he did what he wanted (for reasons perhaps revolving around a bit of insanity)and those around him are just as guilty. Regardless, he was a creative genious. For that, he will be missed.

• posted at 5:21 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Cogito wrote on Jun 26, 2009 8:49 AM:But, if you were dropping your kids off at Michael's for an unsupervised sleepover, you were either an idiot, or you were pimping your kids for a potential lawsuit. Not good parenting. Kids can't choose their parents.Michael Jackson was a monster who used his wealth, celebrity and other people's idiocy to hurt children in the most awful ways imaginable. God has put and end to what the law should have stopped long ago.I hope he rots in Hell.

• posted at 5:18 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

deblaw wrote on Jun 26, 2009 7:53 AM:" Uncalled for Leonard.You are ill too Leonard.. Perversion is perversion, no matter how you look at it. He never admitted it, you have.I am not a child molester and, frankly, million dollar attorneys aside, we all know Michael Jackson was.This idea that the most heinous and disgusting crimes are somehow excused by an individual's celebrity and wealth is, simply put, disgusting.

• posted at 5:12 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

M2CW wrote on Jun 26, 2009 7:14 AM:" I think I am a big enough person to forgive someone of their faultsSomeone who forgives an active child molester who is almost certainly continuing to attack children isn't big, they are an idiot.

• posted at 4:49 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Yes, Michael Jackson was a musical legend, and he was a brilliant pop star who touched our lives. Unfortunately, he also touched other people's children. We need to be careful about who we call our icons and heros. Look at the body of music and honor that...but the man? No Way! he is to music what Jose Canseco is to baseball...a poster child for wasted potential and a perverted sense of what is right. Again...maybe his kids will have a shot at a normal life now that he's gone. At least Farah went with some class; wanting to chronicle her journey so others could learn from her. I know how to moonwalk...show me how to die with dignity.

• posted at 4:29 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I'm with Kamry. I'll never see a photo of Michael Jackson without a vision of him holding the tiny baby over the railing popping into my brain. It's kind of like Clinton + Monica.... It's there forever.

• posted at 4:12 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Deblaw, I know that there is a star for another person who shares his name. That person is a radio personality. http://www.latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/michael-jackson-7.html

• posted at 3:59 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Cognito!! Yes!!! I agree with you whole heartedly on your whole statement... Did you know that MJ is the "ONLY" one that has TWO stars on the walk of fame..

• posted at 3:49 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I think Michael Jackson was easily the greatest performer of my generation, and maybe of all time. Fred Astaire called him the greatest dancer he'd ever seen. I also believe that Jackson was a homosexual pedophile. But, if you were dropping your kids off at Michael's for an unsupervised sleepover, you were either an idiot, or you were pimping your kids for a potential lawsuit. Not good parenting.

• posted at 3:37 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

He's still a human being, Leonard.And as a big music fan, yesterday was a real sad day for me.

• posted at 2:53 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Uncalled for Leonard.You are ill too Leonard.. Perversion is perversion, no matter how you look at it. He never admitted it, you have.One might have the same to say about you after your passing Leonard...

• posted at 2:49 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Jacko hasn't been relevant for 20 years. For me, the strangeness of his life and his activities overshadows his achievements in the music world. If narcissism had a face, it was Michael Jackson.

• posted at 2:34 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Yes, Michael was talented; Farah was beautiful and Ed was as much a fixture in my life as the lamp post on the street; however, what the legislature does will affect me, personally, and ultimately have much more of an impact down the road.

• posted at 2:33 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Hate to rain on everyone's parade...but between Ed (He-e-e-ere's Johnny!) McMahon passing on Tuesday (he was 86) and Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson's passings yesterday (Thursday)....guess what was going on Wednesday?Our "illustrious" legislature voted on California's budget which contained $1.9 BILLION dollars in new TAXES....taxes, incidentally, that we voters said NO to in the recent "special" election.Luckily, this "budget" was voted down; however, the point remains that our alleged leaders acted like they didn't even hear what we said in the election, or, if they did, the citizens of California were given what amounts to as "the finger" by our so-called representatives.

• posted at 2:25 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

M2CW, after "Farrah's Story" was released last month we realized her death was very near.MJ's death was a surprise. Michael was an AMAZING entertainer. I was actually waiting to see the "new" dance move he was going to debut on this new tour.Rest In Peace Michael.

• posted at 2:16 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I know I feel really bad for Farrah, unfortunately she hasn't received hardly any press coverage. On the other hand, it may be a good thing as her family really wanted to grieve in private, and I doubt they are being hounded as much right now. She does deserve some coverage though.

• posted at 2:14 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

I think I am a big enough person to forgive someone of their faults and appreciate their talents after they've died. I would certainly hope that people would do that for me. MJ was a very gifted, brilliant musician, and I can appreciate him for that. Anything other than that, I figure he took to the grave with him.

• posted at 2:14 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

ok Leo thats kinda harsh. He was a great musician no matter how strange he was. BUT. another great American icon died yesterday as well. where are the "RIP"s for Farah?

• posted at 12:41 am on Fri, Jun 26, 2009.

Personally, I am just relieved that the guy will never molest another child.