Area public meetings in for the week of Tuesday, Sept. 2
North San Joaquin Water Conservation District board
- Adopting tentative budget for an estimated $800,000 revenue
from the groundwater charge. Projects include $276,000 for a
pipeline from the Mokelumne River to a basin owned by the
Tecklenburg family; $170,000 to install a fish screen on the river;
and $100,000 for the ballot measure concerning the groundwater
- Consider a negative declaration on the fish screen
- Consider whether to ask the city of Lodi for 1,000 acre-feet of
the city's water acquired from the Woodbridge Irrigation District
for use in North San Joaquin's Cal-fed water project.
When and where: 8:30 a.m., Lodi Public Library, Bud Sullivan Community Room, 201 W. Locust St.
Galt City Council
- Fireworks request by St. Christopher's Catholic Church, for
September's Harvest Moon Fall Festival.
- Sustainable energy program presentation.
- Mobile home rent control ordinance.
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Unified School District school board
- Raising school facilities fees for new residential building
- Award the Lockeford School building contract to Diede
- Karen Rogers and the McNair High School choral program will be
spotlighted. Participation has grown from 27 to 200 students in a
When and where: 7 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine Street, Lodi.
Lodi City Council Shirtsleeve meeting is canceled.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors meeting canceled.
Lodi City Council
- Closed-session negotiations between city and local hotelier
Russ Munson over acquisition of 300 W. Pine St., the city's finance
- Contract for project, costing $750,000, to relocate city's
finance office from 300 W. Pine St. to city's old police
- Receive design guidelines for transit-oriented development for
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
Mokelumne Rural Fire District board
- Adoption of final budget for the 2008-09 fiscal year.
When and where: Fire station, 13157 E. Brandt Road, Lockeford.