- Hospital costs at a glance
- A patient receiving a typical knee replacement surgery in a Fresno-area hospital in 2010 was charged at $46,800, versus $127,500 in an Alameda-region hospital.
- At close to $160,000, Lodi Memorial's cost for knee surgery is among the highest in the state; for example, the costs at the UC Davis Medical Center is $126,292.
- In the Sacramento area, the charge for a typical patient having a hysterectomy through the abdomen was $47,500, compared to $34,400 in the Orange County area.
- San Jose-area hospitals listed the charge for angioplasty at $144,900, while hospitals in the Bakersfield region listed the charge at $44,400.
— Source: California Public Interest Research Group
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 6:48 am, Wed Jul 25, 2012.
The average cost for having knee replacement surgery at Lodi Memorial Hospital is $159,571, compared to $86,002 at Sutter General Hospital in Sacramento.
Lodi Memorial charges $31,907 for a Caesarian section while the same surgery is $17,560 at Sutter.
Or, use your
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 6:48 am.