- Tips to avoid injuries in long runs
Delta and Central Valley Physical Therapy recognizes the possibility for injury during events such as a half-marathon and volunteers its service to help participants who may be suffering from injury.
Here are some tips to help prevent injury:
1. Wear good shoes: Proper footwear can prevent multiple injuries such as straining and blisters.
2. Don't strain: Most injuries come from overtraining. Incorporate hard days with easy days in your exercise routine.
3. Run efficiently: Find a running stance that best suits you.
4. Cool down and stretch: Maintain flexibility and a good range of motion as well as easing in and out of exercise.
5. Listen to your body: Pain is our body's way of letting us know that something is wrong. With Delta and Central Valley Physical Therapy volunteering their services, take advantage of their expertise. The best way to stop a running related injury from progressing is to treat it as soon as it is detected. As George Sheean, who had served as the medical editor for Runner's World magazine for more than 25 years, would say, "Listen to your body."
— Source: Delta and Central Valley Physical Therapy
Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2013 12:00 am
He may have been tiny, but a baby boy who died while he was in the process of being adopted by a Galt couple in 2011 made a huge impact on the city.
He also had a big effect on the University of California, Davis staff, where he was being treated for a congenital heart defect. "Tiny" died in December 2011 following his second open heart surgery; the first was when he was just 10 days old.
Thursday, February 7, 2013 12:00 am.