The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi City Council
Key items: Take a tour of the Lodi Animal Shelter.
When and where: 7 a.m., Lodi Animal Shelter, 1345 W. Kettleman Lane, Lodi.
Galt City Council
- Hear a presentation on the proposed Old Town Entertainment Complex by D&S Development, Diede Construction and American Family Entertainment Centers.
- Vote on contracting services for the Meals on Wheels Program by Asian Community Center for the senior nutrition program.
- Conduct a public hearing and approve the city’s five-year Capital Improvement Program.
- Adopt the 2012-14 biannual city budget.
- Approve amendments to a number of union contracts regarding furloughs.
- Discuss in closed session the appointment of a public works director and a community development director.
When and where: 7 p.m., Galt City Hall City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Arcohe Union School District
Key item: Approval of 2012-13 budget.
When and where: 7:30 p.m., East Campus Media Center, 11755 Ivie Road, Herald.
Lodi City Council
- Revise the skate park ordinance to expand the use to include bikes, prohibit smoking and alcohol and to eliminate a requirement that users have a valid skate park identification card issued by the department.
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement for a traffic signal and lighting project at Ham and Harney Lane with Y&C Transportation for $36,260.
- Authorize a resolution allowing the city manager to execute contracts with the United Cerebral Palsy of San Joaquin, Amador and Calaveras to clean Downtown, the transit facility and for Hutchins Street Square landscape maintenance in the amount of about $112,800.
- Accept memorial bench, three and plaque donations at Lodi Lake Park on behalf of Bud Reller and Dale Prohaska.
- Give a proclamation to Capt. Dan Willians with the Lodi Salvation Army.
- Approve specification and authorize advertisement for bids for chemical supply contracts for the surface water treatment plant and the city’s 28 wells.
- Approve plans and specifications and authorize advertisement of bids for the City Hall parking lot reconstruction project.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District
- Study session on refined district goals.
- Vote on reduced transportation services for 2012-13.
- Vote on a district library services fundraising plan.
When and where: 5 p.m. (study session) and 7 p.m. (regular meeting), Galt City Hall City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Galt Beautification Committee
When and where: 3:30 pm, Galt City Hall community room , 380 Civic Drive, Galt.