The Lodi Chamber of Commerce is celebrating its 90th year in operation this month with its annual meeting and an Outstanding Citizens Awards Celebration.
The event on Jan. 24 will be held at Wine & Roses Garden Ballroom and feature awards as well as the graduation of the 2012 Leadership Lodi class.
- Outstanding Citizens of the Year: Bill and Carol Meehleis, owners of Meehleis Modular Buildings.
- Business of the Year: Reynolds Ranch Partners Inc.
- Agriculture Persons of the Year: Michael and David Phillips.
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year: Paul Anderson of Serve-Pro.
- Street Fair Volunteer of the Year: Phil Marcus of AAA.
The event will also include trivia and information about when the chamber was founded in 1923.
That year, a chamber membership cost $5 and the first women's one-piece bathing suit made a debut at Lodi Lake.
At the time, Lodi was a 17-year-old city and the organization's founders wanted to help the regional business district in Lodi get more jobs.
The chamber will also discuss its goals for 2013 and efforts to make Lodi successful globally.
Tickets are $75 per person, and chamber staff encourage people to purchase in advance because the event sells out.
To purchase tickets, go to the chamber office at 35 S. School St., or call 209-367-7840, ext. 100 for more information.