In what appears to be a continuation of administrative musical chairs, Lodi Unified School District trustees appointed three new elementary school principals and a vice principal, but which school each will oversee remains up in the air.
At a special meeting on Tuesday, trustees appointed Erin Clark, Leslie Maldonado and Mark Vierra as elementary school principals to replace three principals who retired from Lodi schools on June 30 — Carol Rivas of Needham, Janis Moorhead of Borchardt and Marianne Varni, who was principal of Live Oak and Tokay Colony elementary schools.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that Clark, Maldonado and Vierra will necessarily be assigned to the schools that were vacated by retiring principals, said Jeff Johnston, president of Lodi Education Association, the district’s teachers union.
It is possible that Catherine Pennington, Lodi Unified’s assistant superintendent of elementary education, may juggle some principal and vice principal assignments this month, Johnston said after the public session of Tuesday’s meeting was completed. School begins on July 26 this year.
Clark was a vice principal at Beckman and Wagner-Holt elementary schools in the 2012-13 school year. Maldonado was vice principal at Larson Elementary and Houston schools. Vierra served as a vice principal at Irene West Elementary in Elk Grove.
In another administrative appointment announced on Tuesday, Kimberly Osmanski-Potter was named a vice principal at an elementary school yet to be determined. During the 2012-13 school year, Osmanski-Potter was principal of preschool and child care services in the Calaveras Unified School District.
Earlier this year, Matthew Ray was named principal at Parklane Elementary, a K-3 school in North Stockton; Shela Seaton as principal at John Muir Elementary School, also in North Stockton; Damon Auchard and Martha Garcia at elementary schools to be determined; and Patricia White as a vice principal and English language coach at a school to be determined.
At the middle school level, Michael Rogers was appointed earlier this year as half-time vice principal at Lodi Middle School and half-time at Millswood Middle School.
Several changes announced in the spring are being made at high schools in Lodi Unified. They include:
- Former Lodi High School Principal Bill Atterberry was named principal of Bear Creek High in North Stockton. During the past school year, he was principal of Lincoln Technical Academy in Lodi.
- Mark Dawson as principal of Plaza Robles, a continuation high school in North Stockton. He was an assistant principal at McNair High School last year.
- Angela LeStrange, vice principal at Lodi High. She was previously an assistant principal at Lodi High.
- Erin Lenzi, from vice principal at Lodi High to the same position at Tokay High.
- Martha Dent, from vice principal at Tokay High to the same position at McNair High.
- Sarah Solari, from vice principal at McNair High to principal at Independence High.
- Dee Morell, from assistant principal at Tokay High to the same position at McNair.
- Joe Williams, from assistant principal at Lodi High to a position at Benjamin Holt Academy.
- Mark Dawson, from assistant principal at McNair High to the same position at Bear Creek High.
- Marlon Gayle, assistant principal at Bear Creek High, became principal at an elementary school in the Ripon Unified School District.
Contact reporter Ross Farrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.