Lodi police arrest 2 boys in beating of local teenager

Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Two 17-year-old boys were arrested Thursday, accused of helping beat up a Lodi teenager to the point that he stayed overnight in a hospital and his jaw is wired shut for six weeks.

The suspects, along with six other young people, didn't know the victim and told police they didn't know why they did it, Lodi Police Cpl. Roger Butterfield said.

• posted at 4:48 am on Thu, Jul 12, 2007.

wake up star wars =Of the two juveniles arrested, one was on probation for battery and had previously been on home detention with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet= these are damaged goods thugs, unsalvageable. We are better off if they get tried as adults and sent off to that ultimate fight club called Quentin.

• posted at 4:07 am on Wed, Jul 11, 2007.

Okay back to the facts, parents if your kid is out after 9pm or later, it is a sure bet to pick them up, or have a parent of their friend bring them home. I know 17 seems old enough and even riding a bike to get home fast should have stopped this but it didnt. Think about the drunk drivers too. bottom line we need to keep a better eye on our kids. God Bless this young man with a speedy recovery, and God bless his parents to protect him fromm any other problems. Love your little ones!

• posted at 10:51 am on Tue, Jul 10, 2007.

To the Faux coward sniper... It must do your heart good to be so mean. Good for you! Go on with your bad self! What a little person you are. So affraid of being someone. Gotta be everyone else. weak! Very weak. Have a good day lil guy! :)

• posted at 3:56 am on Tue, Jul 10, 2007.

7:57 not mine. The stupid foxy one was... lol

• posted at 3:28 am on Tue, Jul 10, 2007.

Wy you need to just say no to drugs.

• posted at 2:57 pm on Mon, Jul 9, 2007.

TO...I love the "formerly known as" perfect after all that! peace my friend!

• posted at 2:49 pm on Mon, Jul 9, 2007.

I have flashes of HOT so lets go FOXY! lol I don't care what you say ... that word is still funny! Fox... FOXY LADY. lol Lets work that back to life! FOXY.... Who thinks their FOXY? lol work it!

• posted at 11:52 am on Mon, Jul 9, 2007.

GovAgent: Thank you for the roses. I accept them with a big smile, carefully watching out for the thorns! ;-) LOL!...just had to say it... sorry, my dry sense of humor again (doesn't always come across well on a message board). Onward and upward...

• posted at 3:05 am on Mon, Jul 9, 2007.

Yes it is, but you didnt see all of them, It is a dozen long stemmed roses, and was on my knees? @---))-- @---))-- and a wink ;-)
    I really think we can make this blog fun, even though we have serious issues to discuss. Oh Lodian, I almost forgot I have a dozen roses for you too!
    @---))--, and the smile and wink ;-)!
    from here on out, I swear to defend the honor of you two ladies on this blog, so notice is served to all!

• posted at 12:38 pm on Sun, Jul 8, 2007.

Govagent... @-))- is that a rose. OM gosh how sweet!

• posted at 12:34 pm on Sun, Jul 8, 2007.

Gov agent... It's all good! :) Thanks.

• posted at 9:07 am on Sun, Jul 8, 2007.

Wy, I don't know if my spouse and I look HOT together, but my husband thinks I'm a HOT blonde! Ha ha! Actually my kids are pretty darn cute though!

• posted at 9:03 am on Sun, Jul 8, 2007.

(Formerly known as To: so and so...) Okay just so you all know who I am I will post under TO. I hope this is not confusing. And Lodian, I do come here from time to time, but I mostly just read the comments. I do believe others are also posting as To: so and so. So I'm not going to do that anymore. LOL!

• posted at 1:08 am on Sun, Jul 8, 2007.

I am in big trouble, I posted to you in another blog giving you praise for your thoughtful post thinking you are a guy. Please forgive me. It was meant to be Kudo's to you regardless of gender. GovAgent gets on his knees and apologizes to WY and winks at her and Lodian! a rose for both of you @----))-

• posted at 12:38 pm on Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

"TO" ... are you the one that has been posting all the posts that begin with "TO"?

• posted at 11:26 am on Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

Don't change your blog handle now, I'll never know where you are. lol It will take half a year for me to figure things out again. haha! (yeah I know I'm a goober.) you're good people that's why you're here,because you care. That's cool.

• posted at 11:17 am on Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

I'll bet you and your spouse look HOT together. There is nothing more beautiful than a line that has been eraced. I could have much to learn from you. I have no intention of being your enemy. Peace :)

• posted at 11:12 am on Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

I think it's silly of us to go on like this we both have a good perspective. I think that some of my hispanic friends are the best Family people I have ever met. They help each other always. I admire that about my friends, and I wish I had family like that around me.

• posted at 9:46 am on Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

We always get stared at like something is wrong about it! Sometimes I want to laugh at them or ask if they are Nazi's or something...And WY Sorry I post TO: so an so..and I know you hate it. I'll try to think of a good posting name in the meantime, just for you!

• posted at 9:44 am on Fri, Jul 6, 2007.

I agree with you, there is reverse prejudice. I see more people now a days racist towards white people than ever. Funny though, I have friends that are black, hispanic and asian but I was raised to not see "color". Because I'm white and married to a hispanic people can't handle it.

• posted at 5:53 pm on Thu, Jul 5, 2007.

I know these girls now and we shine that ugly part of life on. What happened to us for that to happen between kids. Tween to teen I had to deal with them. The Lilly White thingy is BS! REVERSE PREJUDICE.

• posted at 5:51 pm on Thu, Jul 5, 2007.

I got my ass whooped by these mean girls because their parents worked the vineyards around my house. I guess they thought we owned the vines. NOPE, we didn't. So don't spew the lilly white BS. It's not working here!People should be treated according to who they are, not color. I now have beautiful Mexican friends,I could have held that against ALL mexicans,but didn't. Thank God!

• posted at 5:38 pm on Thu, Jul 5, 2007.

Funny, I was lilly white, and got beat up by mexican gang girls. They didn't like me because I was lilly. What a backward prejudice. I never spoke to them , they knew nothing of me, but felt the need to beat, spit, scratch and knock me down, all because what? I was white? Shut up! That is BS! try another approach! I knew nothing of race when this went down. Mean is mean!

• posted at 1:25 pm on Thu, Jul 5, 2007.

I am sad for the young man who was attacked, and his parents. Hope you heal up well and acquire a "desire" to fight back when attacked. My recommendation is a few years of training at Moore's Shou Shu.

Unlike "rumors", Moore's teaches self-defense against attackers! It doesn't teach you to go beat people up. It is down and dirty, and it works. Again, against ATTACKERS! We still have that right, right?

• posted at 10:57 am on Thu, Jul 5, 2007.

Whatever

• posted at 5:42 am on Thu, Jul 5, 2007.

in lodi being anything but lily white gets you ill treatment and will MAKE you a victim.

• posted at 8:01 am on Wed, Jul 4, 2007.

The LPD stated that the assailants admitted not knowing the victim and not knowing why they did this. They also admitted to being involved in a fight club. The VICTIM did not deserve this. How can you excuse this type of behavior? Hopefully you don't have kids. Your mentality of "It's ok to beat someone if you don't like what they say", is both ignorant and frightening.

• posted at 6:52 am on Wed, Jul 4, 2007.

if the want to be fighters bring in some 30 year old adults to beat the holly crap out of them . eye for an eye. there punks with parents who f,.,.,, idiots.wire there big jaws for the heck of it.

• posted at 4:40 am on Wed, Jul 4, 2007.

all these posts (like nst's for example) share the same stupid ideas Lodian does. where dod all these bloggers all the sudden come from with these ideas? Lodian, you are fooling nobody. stick to one handle, would ya?

• posted at 2:31 pm on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

every teenager gets into fights.how are they supposed to know how much damage there gonna do.this could of happened to any teenager.lpd said the kid was yelling at the kids and using hand guesters.those kids wouldnt hit them for no reason he had to of ran his mouth.

• posted at 2:08 pm on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

Don't get me wrong I feel for the boy and his family.I feel if this were 150 years go, you would be out front of a pack going after a black man for walking on the same side of the street as you. You have posted 2 blogs sence my last,and NOT once did you mention anything about the activitys for the kids.This proves my point.LETS just close the bars and push the kids under the rug.

• posted at 1:56 pm on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

i think there should be a lynch mob out here the police won't do anything.

• posted at 1:53 pm on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

to star* wars: They should be in jail for a long time. They beat up a kid, if an adult did it they'd already be in jail.

• posted at 1:43 pm on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

If you would re-read the article, It says NOTHING about brass kmuckles or getting run over or hit by a car.It sounds like you have just came home from the bar.Don't over exaggerate.Please don't get me wrong. I feel for the boy that was hurt.GOD only knows he did'nt deserve it.I feel if this were 150 years ago you would be infront of the pack carring a rope and a torch,going after a black man for walk on the same side of the street as you. .

• posted at 11:42 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

I think its sad that the same people have nothing better to do than sit at their computers hours at a time posting comments to try to validate that they are alive and active in a positive way in the community. Find a new hobby!!

• posted at 10:37 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

To N.S.T. If it was your son who was hit with brass knuckles, ran off the road or rammed with a car I think you might feeel differently....

• posted at 10:35 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

Actually I do have issues with parents who repeatly say My kids did not do anything or when they are proud that thay have beat up another child. Be responsible and be a parent stay at home, do not be sitting in a bar after work getting drunk while your boys terrioze lodi.

• posted at 9:08 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

Sounds like 'Concerned' has issues. You wonder ....? Well it does'nt matter anyways.I am a parent of 2 boys and I have been very fortunate they don't get into trouble. With that said, I don't see the need for a Lynch Mob here in this quite little town.If we put this much energy into activitys for the kids instead of pushing them under the rug, the boys [instead of fighting,]would be participating with each other.Toky High can't even have games at night because the light disturbs the neighborhood.The boys will get theirs.Lets channel our anger elsewhere.

• posted at 8:16 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

star*wars: No, I do not think the quilty boys have been through enough yet. It wasn't just one punch or a fist fight after school etc... it was the "beating" (almost to death) of an innocent passerby. Much different.

• posted at 8:14 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

Wow, looks like I've already posted here today.

• posted at 6:19 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

to sam 10:29... weird post

• posted at 5:09 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

why cant we just all be friends.i love you

• posted at 5:07 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

dont you think the boys have been threw enough guilt already knowing the boy is in the hospital.the boys are probabaly scared out of there minds thinking there gonna be in jail for a long long time.

• posted at 4:21 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

I AM CONCERNED ABOUT MY KIDS AND EVERYONES ELSES KIDS. MAYBE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE CONCERNED TO INSTEAD OF GETTING DRUNK AND ALLOWING SUCH BEHAVIOR.THAT IS THE PROBLE WITH OUR SOCIETY.

• posted at 4:19 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

well "disgusted at ignorant adults" when someone has used illegal weapons, ran people off road,used their car as battering ram, used rocks to beat people, sorry but the facts speak for them selves. and they are facts maybe you should check your facts.

• posted at 4:17 am on Tue, Jul 3, 2007.

Lodian, my 6:33 pm comment was suppose to have a sarcastic whine to it. Imagine a whiney kid saying "it's not my fault." My bad attempt at humor. sorry.

• posted at 7:10 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

To... Why do you need Sam's approval? What's up with that? hmmm? Come on... lets chill for a bit. What do ya say?

• posted at 3:03 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

Lodian: Not at all! The juveniles being charged are not who "concerned" is making accusations about. People love to gossip and hurt others as I have seen on this blog by "concerned". Is "concerned" really concerned or a hater and disturbed person??!!

• posted at 1:33 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

Lodian, I am wondering... maybe it "is not their fault".
    Ever hear that before?

• posted at 1:31 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

Wy, gottcha.

• posted at 1:27 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

I believe you need to get your facts straight..and if you are so disgusted, and you know who really did do this, then why don't you come forward like you should to clear the "innocents" and to put the real animals behind bars?

• posted at 1:15 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

So the ones they arrested are innocent??? Do they ever admit to what they have done. I know first hand they have done plenty...

• posted at 12:03 pm on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

Disgusted: Are you saying that the people arrested are not the ones that committed the crime?

• posted at 8:49 am on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

People! Be very careful of who you start accusing of crimes they did not commit!!! I personal know who the juvenilles are that did this and you couldnt be more wrong! Like I said be very careful of who you condemn and where you point your finger because what goes around comes around!! Shame on you!

• posted at 5:17 am on Mon, Jul 2, 2007.

Neither Wy or Lodian are much into personal perspective.

• posted at 6:28 pm on Sun, Jul 1, 2007.

sam: I have family in that neighborhood and it's frightening to know these thugs were running around while others are asleep in their homes. These kids are not brats, they are criminals. Can these young thugs be turned around into a life of good? I guess it's on an individual basis. You're right in what you said to WY...I'd probably need to be sedated so I didn't go run down these thugs with my car if that happened to one of my children. Scary stuff. Yes, post their names in the paper. I think that would make a huge difference.

• posted at 6:13 pm on Sun, Jul 1, 2007.

Jeremy... That wasn't me posting.

• posted at 6:09 pm on Sun, Jul 1, 2007.

Not one of these post was mine.

• posted at 3:02 pm on Fri, Jun 29, 2007.

These young punks are close to adulthood and need to get prosecuted to the full extent of the law! They knew right from wrong, period! Please Wy, enough with your "they're probably good kids." Good kids have moral values, and their parents should have instilled them more. Quit defending the problems of our society!