"I fell asleep on someone's lawn in my bikini."
- A 14-year-old Lodi Middle School student speaking about her experiences with alcohol in a May 9 article.
"To know that a textbook was selected and put into use by our district that's blatantly one-sided, whitewashed, and that our children are being spoon fed this information with sugar on top … I feel is negligent and intolerable."
- Korina Self, parent of a Lodi Unified seventh-grader, as quoted in a Nov. 7 article about her concerns that a LUSD history textbook had too much information on Islam in it.
"Former mayor Phil Pennino sold us down the river. Pennino said (at the meeting) he may be committing political suicide. As far as I'm concerned, as far as the city of Lodi is concerned, he just did."
- Lodi City Councilman Bob Johnson expressing his opinion in an article Thursday that Phil Pennino has impeded the city's efforts to join a commission reviewing routes for a commuter train.
"This is prototype avian gang activity. They travel in groups, they all dress the same, they're picking on one individual and they're obviously engaged in criminal activity."
- Lodi Police Lt. Chris Piombo joking about odd crow behavior in a May 23 article.
"Sarah, when you helped murder Larry, you helped kill a part of my children. And because of your efforts to get out of prison after helping kill someone, I can say you are still the sociopathic person you were on Sept. 11, 2001."
- Jodee Bebout, the mother of two of Lawrence McNabney's children, speaking at a Dec. 3 court hearning. Sara Dutra is serving a prison sentence after being convicted for helping to murder McNabney. This year a judge reaffirmed Dutra's 11-year sentence.
"I'm not a prude, but the kids look like they're having sex on the floor."
- Lodi High School Principal Bill Atterberry talking about inappropriate dancing at the prom in an April 14 story.
"You are lying, right now."
- Galt Joint Union High School District Trustee Art Oelsner, who at the time was yelling at Sue Roberts, a fellow trustee, for saying that he accepted donations from BUGG in a Dec. 19 story.
"The masseuses have been found to be partially clothed or fully nude. Nudity is unnecessary to perform a massage."
- Lodi Police Sgt. Steven Price, in a Jan. 4 article about the city of Lodi cracking down on local massage parlors offering illegal and illicit services.
"People keep saying it's going to hurt existing businesses. I'm not sure what existing businesses. There aren't many. You can't buy much in the way of shoes or other clothing."
- Galt resident Reuven Epstein speaking in a Oct. 17 article about concerns in Galt about Wal-Mart building a store in the city.
"Next year, I'll have plenty to say. This year, I'm just a fly on the wall."
- Lodi City Councilman Phil Katzakian describing his quiet style of leadership in his first year on the council in a June 25 article.
"Everyone has a stigma that motorcycle clubs are a bunch of thugs. We have doctors, lawyers; all walks of life. We are family people too. We just like to ride motorycles."
- Dave Quiel, a Galt resident who tried to organize the first-ever "Gallister" motorycle rally, in an April 3 article. Galt city leaders eventually voted against allowing the event.
"They're laying off long-time employees right and left. It's a sign of the times."
- Lodi Realtor Rose Mendonca quoted in a Dec. 10 article about the layoffs associated with the slumping housing market.
"I came here to preach Islam and paint a very lovely and tolerant picture of Islam. A time will come when this mosque will be a model mosque in America."
- Ahmad Hashimi, the new imam of the Lodi Muslim Mosque in a Nov. 17 article.