- Five strangest items found during Coastal Cleanup
1. A black Gucci purse with a crawdad in it.
2. TV remote control.
3. Unopened can of tuna.
4. An unscratched California lottery ticket.
5. Bag of fresh Tokay/Flame grapes.
- Test your Coastal Cleanup knowledge
1. How many years has California had a Coastal Cleanup?
2. In 2011, 71,794 volunteers throughout the state of California removed how many pounds of trash from waterways?
C) 1.3 million
D) 1.6 million
3. Lodi volunteers often find strange items in the Mokelumne River or around Lodi Lake. What was not one of the items found in 2012?
A) Water-soaked socks.
B) Piles and piles of cigarette butts.
C) Dented Frisbees.
D) All of the above.
Answers: B, C, D.
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 6:54 am, Tue Sep 11, 2012.
Volunteers looking for ways to help the environment while also enjoying fun activities, like making trash art sculptures and searching for the most unusual discarded treasure, will enjoy the 10th annual Coastal Cleanup this Saturday.
Every year, hundreds of people armed with gloves and trash bags gather to pick up trash from Lodi Lake, the surrounding park and the Mokelumne River.
Or, use your
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 6:54 am.