- Where to buy fireworks
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 520 W. Lodi Ave.
- Century Assembly, 530 W. Lodi Ave.
- Lodi FFA Foundation, 1000 W. Kettleman Lane.
- Tokay Athletics, 2350 W. Kettleman Lane.
- LOEL Center, 311 Lower Sacramento Road.
- Lodi American Legion, 1320 W. Lockeford St.
When can you buy them?
Sales begin at noon on Friday and close at 9 p.m. They run from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Saturday until July 4.
When can you light them?
Residents can light safe and sane fireworks from noon on June 28 until 11 p.m. They can light them from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. from June 29 through July 4.
— Sara Jane Pohlman
- Fireworks safety tips
- Set fireworks off outdoors and on private property.
- Light them at least 10 feet from anything that can catch fire, including dry grass.
- Use sober, adult supervision, and do not point the fireworks at people or animals.
- Light them one at a time.
- Keep a garden hose or bucket of water handy for emergencies.
— Source: Fire Marshal Gene Stoddard
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:00 am
Every summer, the surface of Lodi Lake glistens with the light of hundreds of firework explosions that can be seen for miles. But half the fun of a fireworks show is in being the one who lights the fuse.
For the third year, residents of Lodi are permitted to purchase and set off “safe and sane” fireworks within city limits. Six local nonprofit groups won a lottery to sell them in temporary booths for a week leading up to Independence day.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:00 am.