- In other action
On Monday, Galt City Council members also:
- Appointed resident Lupe Flores as an adult mentor to fill a vacancy on the Youth Committee.
- Heard a presentation on water conservation and the new regulations that went into effect last Friday.
- Conducted a public hearing regarding the levy of proposed assessments for the three lighting, landscaping and maintenance districts, and set the annual assessment.
- Received the Measure R Oversight Committee annual report.
- Accepted Public Education and Government funding in the amount of $78,235.02 from the Sacramento Metropolitan Cable Television Commission for infrastructure improvements to the city’s cable broadcast and appropriate the project funding. The money will go toward new high-definition cameras and accompanying broadcasting equipment.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:00 am
City of Galt sports team scorekeepers were among those who received raises last month under the state-mandated minimum wage increase.
Although the increase was factored into the 2014-15 budget when it was approved in May, on Monday council members adopted new salary schedules for part-time and temporary workers to reflect the changes. There was no discussion on the issue.
Or, use your
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:00 am.
| Location Tags: