Do you care how much land outside the seven cities in San Joaquin County is developed someday? The Board of Supervisors will have a study session at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday on the county Planning Commission’s recommendation.
According to the General Plan website, the key features recommended by Planning Commission include:
- Agricultural and open space preservation.
- Compact, city-centered growth.
- Appropriate community group for unincorporated areas like Lockeford, Clements, Morada, Woodbridge, Acampo and Thornton.
- Encourage employment and commercial centers.
- Adequate infrastructure and services.
Property owners have made individual requests for development, which the Board of Supervisors will review on Feb. 26.
Tuesday’s meeting, open to the public will be in the board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton. For the full report, visit the General Plan website.
Contact reporter Ross Farrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.