- In other action
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council also:
- Recognized student Maria Franco as a recipient of the city's Coalition of Character award for integrity.
- Discussed in closed session acquiring a number of properties to build a roundabout at Twin Cities Road.
- Adopted a resolution approving a new community event sign policy and procedures to guard against them being used as commercial, political or religious platforms.
- Received the annual housing report and 2030 Galt General Plan.
- Approved a $16,500 contract for fireworks during the city's second annual Fourth of July celebration, scheduled for June 30.
- Directed the city attorney to revise the city's abusive solicitation ordinance, approved last spring.
- Received the Parks and Recreation Commission's annual report.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 7:21 am, Wed Mar 21, 2012.
The Galt Area Historical Society will have to apply for the $10,000 it typically receives from the city each year under a new policy approved Tuesday by the Galt City Council.
The group may also be forced to share the money with other city nonprofits.
Or, use your
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 7:21 am.