- In other action
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council also:
- Recognized student Maria Franco as a recipient of the city's Coalition of Character award for integrity.
- Discussed in closed session acquiring a number of properties to build a roundabout at Twin Cities Road.
- Adopted a resolution approving a new community event sign policy and procedures to guard against them being used as commercial, political or religious platforms.
- Received the annual housing report and 2030 Galt General Plan.
- Approved a $16,500 contract for fireworks during the city's second annual Fourth of July celebration, scheduled for June 30.
- Directed the city attorney to revise the city's abusive solicitation ordinance, approved last spring.
- Received the Parks and Recreation Commission's annual report.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 7:21 am, Wed Mar 21, 2012.
The Galt Area Historical Society will have to apply for the $10,000 it typically receives from the city each year under a new policy approved Tuesday by the Galt City Council.
The group may also be forced to share the money with other city nonprofits.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 7:21 am.