- In other action
On Tuesday, Galt City Council members also:
- Denied with a 4-1 vote an application for a single Alcohol Beverage Control license at 905 C St., Suite 160, and at 239 4th St.
- Voted to ask the city attorney to bring back a resolution delegating the authority to approve future ABC licenses to the police chief.
- Approved the allocation of $750 from Councilman Mike Singleton’s discretionary funds in this year’s budget to go towards start-up and operations costs for the Police Activities League.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the city to enter into a cooperative agreement with Sacramento County to provide the Mortgage Credit Certificate first-time homebuying program in the City of Galt.
- Reappointed Tony Lara, Ralph Cortez and Francie Spinelli to the Measure R Oversight Committee. Their current terms expired next month.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:00 am
The city of Galt and the city’s two school districts will ensure the cost share of at least one new school resource officer when grant funding for the position runs out.
“Because the $250,000 (grant) won’t cover a police officer for three years, we wanted to have a memorandum of understanding,” Galt Police Chief William Bowen said. “We believe our efforts will benefit the schools, students and everyone in the community.”
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:00 am.