Regional Roundup

Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:00 pm

A Lodi appliance store owner was jailed Friday on a $100,000 arrest warrant, alleging that he took money from customers and never gave them their merchandise.

David Westerback, 43, faces three counts of grand theft, and investigators believe there is at least one more victim, said Lodi Police Detective Lee Patterson.

• posted at 5:04 am on Tue, Sep 22, 2009.

Oh my gosh...we almost went to Andersons to buy a washer because Maytag is a well known brand and that business has been open in the same place for so long. I was also thanking that in this economey a lot of small businesses are being hurt by the big box retailers. I'm soooo glad I changed my mind and ended up not buying from that thief.

• posted at 10:16 am on Sun, Sep 20, 2009.

Hey Trucker; Read some of your posts and you will realize the moronic state of the individual translates into trouble anywhere in the world.

• posted at 4:24 am on Sun, Sep 20, 2009.

You know, I'd really like to express my concerns about the Obama Administration running America's finances into the ground with this socialized medicine proposal, but I wouldn't want Dan Lungren labeling me as a Nazi, an agitator or a racist. I wish Condi Rice, Sarah Palin or Colon Powell would have run in '08. I'm amazed at how far left our leadership has taken us thusfar, and I do fear for the future of America unless we take a different tack on all the unbridled, massive spending of money we don't even have.

• posted at 4:16 am on Sun, Sep 20, 2009.

As creating as Westerback allegedly is with cash transactions, I hope the business survives him. I bought a dryer blower wheel from Anderson's a few months ago late on a Saturday afternoon when no one else was open or would even care to stock such an item. I really appreciated being able to buy what I needed to do the repair and get my dryer working again on such short notice. What is it with local business owners lately? First it was Blaine, now Dave. Are times really that tough for these folks?

• posted at 5:06 am on Sat, Sep 19, 2009.

Why do we have to keep paying to process this perv perp, Zavala? Get rid of him.

• posted at 4:17 am on Sat, Sep 19, 2009.

About two years ago now we were going to purchase a washer and dryer from Westerback's business. I remember thinking at the time that something was rather 'shady', because he said he only took cash or credit cards - and on that side of town, dealing with cash only can be a dangerous thing. We ended up making a purchase with our credit card, but, I had such a bad feeling about doing business with that guy that by the time I got home I told my husband that I would feel much better if we canceled our transaction and went somewhere else. I think what the issue was, was that the sales ads that had come out were not matching what was actually on sale in the store, and he gave a bunch of excuses about that, which to me, didn't make sense. We did cancel our transaction and he said our account would be credited. And I think it was. But, there were red flags going off in my mind about doing business with him, and it seems as if my husband and I made the right decision.

• posted at 4:11 am on Sat, Sep 19, 2009.

I am glad that the parolee sicko is now in jail where he belongs. Can you imagine if this were a child sex offender and the damage that could have been done to an innocent child? Who would want to even date a man like this? His girlfriend is a whole lot better off without this guy, and hopefully she can learn to really love and respect herself and find somebody better - preferably one who hasn't been to prison - again and again.