San Joaquin County Supervisor Ken Vogel will be the keynote speaker during Sunday's Veterans Day observance, beginning at 11 a.m. at the American Legion Hall, 320 N. Washington St.
Lodi Mayor Joanne Mounce and City Councilman and former Assemblyman Alan Nakanishi will also make remarks. The Lodi American Legion post is hosting the event.
Other activities at the observance include:
- Invocation by Lodi Rabbi Dr. Raphael Pazo.
- Posting of the colors led by Julian Lopez, the post's sergeant at arms.
- Pledge of Allegiance led by Tammy Hulme, from Lodi Girl Scout Service Unit 113.
- National anthem by Audie Silber's third-grade class and Dottie Phelps' fourth-grade class, from Lodi Seventh-day Adventist School.
- Medley of military songs by the Lodi Community Band, conducted by Art Holton.
- Special tribute to Korean War-era veterans by post Adjutant Martin Jones.
- Tribute to prisoners of war and those missing in action by Legion Post Cmdr. Daniel Meunier.
- Taps by Post Cmdr. Robert Gross.
Bill Selling will be master of ceremonies.
The public will be invited to eat hot dogs, chips and soda after the ceremony.
On Saturday, Stogies Cigar Lounge will celebrate the 237th birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps. It is open to all military. Gatherings will begin at 2 p.m. and continue throughout the day. Stogies is at 230 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Contact reporter Ross Farrow at email@example.com.