Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 6:04 am, Thu Dec 13, 2012.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports current surveillance data indicates this year's influenza season is well underway and levels of influenza activity are continuing to increase across the country. CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older should receive an annual seasonal flu vaccine as the single best way to protect against seasonal flu and its potential complications.
"All those who have not done so already, should get their annual flu vaccination now; it is not too late to protect yourself and your family against influenza this year," San Joaquin County Health Officer Dr. Karen Furst said in a press release.
Or, use your
Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 6:04 am.
- Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don’t pretend you’re someone else.)
- Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually oriented language.
- Don’t threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Be truthful. Don’t pe about anyone or anything. Don’t post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
- Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
- Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don’t insult each other.
- Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the ‘Report’ pnk on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
- Share what you know, and ask about what you don’t.
- Don’t be a troll.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we bepeve violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.