Multimillion-dollar project scheduled to begin in coming months; property owners will be required to pay fee for their meters
- In other action
On Tuesday, the Galt City Council also:
- Voted to establish the Galt Community Alliance ad hoc committee and appropriated $1,000 for community promotion.
- Authorized the execution of a Master Task Order Agreement with West Yost Associates for final design and engineering services of the wastewater treatment plant upgrade project to meet new discharge requirements. The construction contract is expected to be awarded in April, with the new improvements online by September 2015.
- Adopted a resolution approving the Parks and Recreation Facility/Program Sponsorship Policy.
- Approved a memorandum of understanding with the Galt Joint Union Elementary School District for the state’s After School Education and Safety grant for the 2013-14 school year.
- Heard a presentation from the Finance Department on its reserve policy.
- Approved a new Microsoft licensing agreement to update the city’s current software and create uniform operating systems among departments.
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:00 am
Water meters will be installed throughout Galt beginning in just a few months. The timeline was set Tuesday when the Galt City Council authorized financing $3.1 million of the final $4.6 million contract with a vote of 4-1. Council members provided direction at the July 16 meeting, but did not take action.
The move has been under discussion since July 2012.
Or, use your
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:00 am.
| Location Tags: