Lodi couple set to unveil ‘Hope Floats’ on cruise in April
Cathy and Bill Huckaby, of Lodi, are starting "Hope Floats," offering cruise passengers a chance to volunteer during their vacations.
- The ‘Hope Floats’ dry run
- A five-day cruise of the southern Caribbean.
- Cruise is April 17-24 aboard the Caribbean Princess.
- Participants are asked to volunteer at two of the five ports to
be visited on the cruise.
- Cost varies, depending on type of accommodations, but the range
is between $2,200 and $3,500 per couple, exclusive of air
- For more information, visit www.hope floats.org or call Bill
Huckaby at 747-9642.
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 5:01 pm, Mon Feb 28, 2011.
Cathy Huckaby, of Lodi, recalls the scene quite clearly. She'd
left her cruise ship and joined other tourists on a bus to visit
the Caribbean port city of St. Thomas. Sitting in front of her were
two plump middle-aged women, bejeweled and bedecked.
"What is there to do here?," one lady asked the other.
Or, use your
Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 5:01 pm.