Lodi planners say proposal to widen freeway from Stockton ignores wastewater, power plant

Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:00 am

An environmental impact report by the California Department of Transportation for a proposed freeway interchange on Interstate 5 could signal substantial growth toward Lodi from North Stockton and has city planners concerned because they say it appears to be grossly incomplete.

The council will receive a report tonight regarding an Environmental Impact Report for an interchange that would be located west of Lodi near Eight Mile Road.

• 1 Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don't pretend you're someone else.)
  • 3 Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
  • 6 Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don't insult each other.
  • 7 Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 10 We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we believe violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.

• posted at 4:12 am on Mon, Oct 26, 2009.

Opus Dei wrote "Actually I`m Jewish, and you should both move to Gay Francisco..."Opus: So, as a Jew, where do you live?

• posted at 1:18 pm on Sun, Oct 25, 2009.

Sam, who in their right mind wouldn't be afraid of Stockton? It is one of the worst cities in the nation in terms of crime.I won't say that I moved to Texas to get away from Stockton but I certainly will say that it was an added bonus.

• posted at 9:10 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

I doubt the City of Stockton is going to have homes actually within a 3000ft radius of White Slough, they're a little smarter than that on Growth Development compared to Lodi...even Elk Grove is a bit smarter than Lodi.As for White Slough, is it me or are there many times of the day that a foul stench from there finds its way into the city? Pee yew that's disgusting smelling.

• posted at 3:15 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Opus, I stand by my words. As a Christian, you should be ashamed of yourself..

• posted at 2:41 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Actually I`m Jewish, and you should both move to Gay Francisco...

• posted at 2:04 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Opus Dei: A Roman Catholic organization composed of both clergy and lay members and dedicated to fostering Christian principles at all levels of society.Opus Dei, you are mocking people whose land has lost value because of the economy? What an excellent representation of your "Lodi" Christian values. As a Christian and Catholic, you should be ashamed. Why would you say such garbage?

• posted at 1:32 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

OMG, opus, are you that little man on Port Chelsea Circle who needs protection from the "Big Bad Stockton?"Too funny.

• posted at 1:18 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Oh opus... you are so silly. Yes, my land is worth less than it was 2 years ago, but it is worth more than it was 10 years ago. We have been her 75 plus years.My vineyards and homes are all paid for. I love where I live... NOT IN LODI. You move to LA opus. I prefer my country living.

• posted at 1:06 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Oh, that`s right! All that property is worth less than HALF it did a couple years ago!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!! What a burn, what a cut... you know the reast...

• posted at 1:04 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Sam would you please just sell your d### property to Grupe and move to LA?!PLEASE!!!

• posted at 12:12 pm on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Dogs, on Stockton's General Plan ( i think) is a 6-8 lane connector from I-5 to 99 at Morse Road (south of Micke Grove... north of 8 Mile Road). I believe the widening of I-5 is just the beginning.

• posted at 11:46 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

I agree with Nellie concerning an east to west connector from Hwy. 99 to I-5. Eight mile Rd. at times is a 5 MPH parking lot. Look what Stockton did to Hammer Ln. No more waiting for the trains to go by, the inter-change at 99 and Hammer, moves traffic about as good as it can get. Not many roads to choose from around here, Hwy. 12 and Turner are about all there are to work with that already exist. If they were to be improved, first thing, insist engineers submit plans to have traffic either go under or over the RR tracks.

• posted at 11:11 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

LodiFreeThinker, I thought your 12:11 post was quite funny.

• posted at 10:39 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

sam, I hope you know I was being facetious when I mentioned Woodbridge.But in regards to Stockton, if it was real growth with housing, city facilities, retail, parks etc... I would be fine with it. Its not though. Its a bunch of isolated housing developments, that aren't meeting real demand, they are just moving people out of the older developments every few years.Stockton doesn't grow. It sprawls.

• posted at 10:17 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

This cracks me up... Lodi is so worried about cities growing towards them, yet they could give a darn about their impact on the country-living life-styles surrounding them that are destroyed when they expand their borders.Lodi, get ready. Stockton is growing whether you like it or not ... you have NO greenbelt ... anywhere.

• posted at 8:05 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

If our ugly neighbors to the south continue to grow north why do they & Cal-Trans not have the foresight to plan an east-west connector between I-5 & Hwy 99 just south of Eight Mile Road?Does anyone know what the project Stockton is doing off Lower Sac just north of Bear Creek Church? The construction sign says something about a water storage supply something.... It's a big looking site and I dont recall reading about this project.

• posted at 7:11 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

I stay awake nights worrying about Woodbridge's growth to the south!:P

• posted at 6:27 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

I wonder if the city of Woodbridge is concerned about Lodi's growth to the north?

• posted at 4:58 am on Wed, Oct 21, 2009.

Maybe they should consider actually maintaining the roads we have, rather than expanding?The freeways, highways and city streets throughout San Joaquin county are falling apart. If we've got $600M to spend, how about maintaining what we have instead of creating more demand for more traffic, and more road to maintain with no plan on how to do so.