The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Galt Joint Union High School District board of trustees special meeting
- Vote on reducing or eliminating a number of certificated
positions for the 2010-11 school year.
- Approve library clerk job description.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Liberty Ranch Media Center, 12945 Marengo Road, Galt.
Woodbridge Sanitary District board
- Discussion of letter from the California Regional Water Quality
- Purchase tractor and disk.
When and where: 7 p.m., Fire station, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
Galt Architectural Review Committee
When and where: City Hall, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
- Revised Lodi skate park ordinance.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Parks and Recreation Commission
- Recommendations for use of Woodbridge Wilderness
- Update on Micke Grove Zoo east end exhibit.
- Mokelumne River life preserver program update.
- Park budget.
When and where: Micke Grove Regional Park Memorial Building, 11793 N. Micke Grove Road, Lodi.
North San Joaquin Water Conservation District board
- Interview applicant Dan Parises for Division 2 seat vacated by
When and where: 8:30 a.m., Lodi Public Library community room, 201 W. Locust St.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Acceptance of two grant deeds and agreements to purchase real
property for the Tully Road bridge replacement project.
- Mid-year budget report and related budget
- Appointments to Advisory Water Commission, Juvenile
Justice-Delinquency Prevention Commission and Sacramento-San
Joaquin Delta Conservancy.
When and where: 9 a.m., county administration building, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Highway 12/88 improvement project
- Possible widening or bypass of Highway 88 in Lockeford and
When and where: 5:30 to 8 p.m., Mokelumne fire station, 13157 E. Brandt Raod, Lockeford. Brief presentation at 6 p.m.
Galt Gators Parent board
When and where: 8 p.m., Galt Parks and Recreation Department, 610 Chabolla Ave., Galt.
Lodi Unified-Lodi Area Special Education Region Community Advisory Committee
(A support group for parents of special needs children)
- Annual budget.
- Speaker Ann Cirimele, executive director of Family Resource
Network, on Individualized Education Program 101.
When and where: 7 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, Room C, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District board of education
- Vote on job share requests for the 2010-11 school
- Hear a report regarding water meters at schools.
When and where: 7 p.m., Lake Canyon Elementary School, 800 Lake Canyon Ave., Galt.
Lodi Art Advisory Board
- Update of Japantown mural.
- Rite of Spring sculpture up date.
When and where: 1 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, upstairs conference room, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Woodbridge Rural Fire board
When and where: 3 p.m., fire station, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
Lodi Planning Commission
Lodi Site Plan and Architectural Review Committee
San Joaquin Partnership board
- 2009 audit report.
- League of California cities presentation.
- Reports by Climate Action and Airport Development committees,
Development Oversight Commission and Water Advisory Group.
When and where: 8 to 9:30 a.m., 2800 W. March Lane, Suite 470, Stockton.
Galt Commission on Aging
When and where: 6:15 p.m., Galt Parks and Recreation Department, 610 Chabolla Ave., Galt.
Community Forum on Sustainability
- "Sustainability in San Joaquin County — Exchanging Ideas,"
sponsored by the Sierra Club, Campaign for Common Ground, A. G.
Spanos Cos., Stockton City Council and the San Joaquin Council of
- What has been accomplished so far in Stockton?
- The role of the San Joaquin Council of Governments and other
local government agencies.
- Green bulding ordinances.
- Recent climate change/greenhouse gas reduction
When and where: 7:30 to 9 p.m., San Joaquin Council of Governments, 555 E. Weber Ave., Stockton.