Facing felony charge

Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 10:00 pm

STOCKTON - A woman was arraigned Friday on a felony charge of assisting her brother commit suicide.

June Hartley

• posted at 6:00 pm on Sun, Feb 22, 2009.

I say to all you people and prosecuters who never knew Jimmy, I did.....he was one of my closest friends since high school...He was in my first wedding...he played better than the band we hired....he was life...plain and simple...I had the honor of spending one last night with Jimmy about a year ago....his life was miserable and over....he told me this in his own broken way...to see what a misfortune had done to him tore my heart from my chest...I went home and cried...I know he was the most unhappy I have ever seen him in his life....none of you that dont know his pain should keep your pious comments to yourself...you people that think the law is to be revenged by the arrest and trial of a sister who cries for her brother .....who are you to judge her.....

• posted at 7:36 am on Sun, Feb 22, 2009.

Wow! I agree with all of you. What a sad situation. Nobody prosecuted the nursing home when they abused my mother-in-law and caused her death. They had no compassion for her like this woman had for her brother. June, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. It must have been such a difficult decision to make hang in there.

• posted at 11:09 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

Its these type of cases they prefer to screw with instead of the valid cases where people are harming other citizens. This is a typical example of some female DA being allowed to "make herself a name" in San Joaquin county.

• posted at 8:59 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

June - my heart goes out to you. I would hope that the prosecutor, judge & jury can see this for what it is; a sister who loved her brother enough to help him end his pain and suffering. The powers that be should develop criteria wherein one could indeed help someone peacefully take his/her own life without fear of retribution. I hope this DA is not just out to make a name for herself.

• posted at 8:45 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

Mazie my feelings are the same as yours. How can our governement allow, finance and encourage abortions where a human being has no choice and condem an act of compassion? The hypocricy of our government makes me puke.

• posted at 4:06 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

OTH - my thoughts exactly

• posted at 2:54 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

the pain killerz weren't working anymore...wowerzz....tough decision to make...I agree with ya Mazie abortion and taking someone off of life support is the same as what June did..wowerzz toughhh

• posted at 2:22 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

God willing, none of us will ever have to be faced with the decision she had to make. I can't say what I would do. Neither can the judge who sentenced her. It is ok to take people off life support and it is ok to perform abortions but not ok for this? Our society really blows.

• posted at 2:17 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

I agree with you both.

• posted at 1:42 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

I will repeat.....It's unfortunate that we live in a society where we can treat our pets better than our fellow human beings.

• posted at 1:09 am on Sat, Feb 21, 2009.

Ms AdamsI urge you to show compassion and understanding to this woman. She acted out of love and compassion for her brother, not malice. We have a jail overflowing with people who have acted with malice towards their fellow citizens. Use your time and the taxpayers dollars to prosecute them. There is nothing to be gained by dragging her through the judicicial system.The sadness and grief she and her family live with is enough,