As the preparations are made for the 29th Annual Lodi Spring Wine Show, the busy coordinators of the event have taken a moment to stop what they are doing and share a comprehensive list of 11 reasons why people should attend this year's show.
1. Tickets are easy to purchase: You can buy your tickets online at www.grapefestival.com, at the Lodi Grape Festival office (413 E. Lockeford Street), the cellardoor (21 N. School St.), Raley's (311 S. Lower Sacramento Road), Van Ruiten Family Winery (340 W. Highway 12) or at the door.
2. It is a very affordable event: At $25 per person in advance or $30 at the door, it is an impressive night out to taste wine from more than 50 wineries, eat great food and more.
3. Wine glasses: You get an absolutely beautiful commemorative wine glass to take home and add to your collection.
4. Win! Win! Win!: You have a chance to win great door prizes for just coming and filling out a door prize entry form.
5. Great food: The food is incredible with samplings from Habanero Hots, Lockeford Sausage served by F&M Bank, Raley's, Avenue Grill & Pizza Works, California Cheese and Butter Association, Alebrijes Mexican Bistro, Edible Arrangements, Black Tie Gourmet, Jan's Sweet Treasures, Cecchetti Olive Oil, Jackson Rancheria (serving some great food to compliment the wine), DeVinci's Deli & Catering and Chocoholics. You are also able to purchase dinner on the outside patio from Negrette Enterprise concessions, famous for their rolled tacos.
6. Beer tasting: Last year, beer tasting was added on the outside patio, and this year it will be bigger and better with beers from Anheuser-Busch, Sierra Nevada, Gordon Biersch, Samuel Adams and more.
7. Great music: Dancing has been known to break out on the outside patio to the tunes provided by Rent-A-DJ Justin Funke.
8. Ultimate wine basket: For only $20, you can enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Wine Basket: a huge prize with more than 60 bottles of wine, a wine refrigerator and a rolling beverage cooler. All proceeds from tickets sales go to the Lodi Grape Festival Bucks-for-Books Scholarship Fund.
9. Make new friends: There is always a chance to meet new people and make new friends. More than 2,700 people attend the Lodi Spring Wine Show each year.
10. Easy to find and easy to park: The Show is located at 413 E. Lockeford Street in Lodi. Parking is close by, safe, free and plentiful.
11. More importantly: You get to taste wine from over 50 wineries.
Once special thing is that many times winemakers or owners are in the booth and are willing to answer any questions you may have. A complete list of participating wineries and food vendors can be found online at www.grapefestival.com.