- In other action
On Tuesday, council members also:
- Approved the Parks and Recreation Department’s recommendations
to increase revenue and attract customers to city businesses. This
includes eliminating non-resident fees for services.
- Adopted a memorandum of understanding with the Galt Joint Union
Elementary School District for after-school and summer programs
using part-time city staff. The school board is scheduled to
approve the same MOU tonight.
- Appointed two residents to the Galt Commission on Aging and the
Galt Youth Committee.
- Received a status report from Mayor Barbara Payne on the city’s
- Canceled the Jan. 3 City Council meeting based on furloughs and
— Jennifer Bonnett
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:00 am
City Council members in Galt approved minor changes to the
Walmart site plan Tuesday, clearing the way for construction to
begin in the new year. The modifications were required under a
settlement agreement also approved at Tuesday’s meeting.
“Thank you for all the years you’ve spent dealing with this,”
resident Al Baldwin said in addressing the City Council. “We’re now
90 days away. If it were me, I’d be making an announcement that
Walmart’s on it's way.”
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:00 am.
| Location Tags: