2 Lodi gang members sentenced for attacking man wearing rival color

Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:00 am

Isaias Valdez Valencia Jr., 22, pleaded guilty Thursday to a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon, as well as admitting to serving a prior term in prison. He will now spend another five years in state prison, according to San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Keith McIntosh.

Enrique Junior Tapia, 18, pleaded guilty last month to second-degree robbery, and is serving two years in state prison.

Both men were charged in connection with a Feb. 24 assault and robbery on East Pine Street. Valencia brandished a knife during the robbery, McIntosh said.

The assault was one of a number of recent attacks on people who happen to be wearing red.

Several weeks later, a man was shot and wounded at Elm Street and Central Avenue simply because he, too, was wearing a red belt. Two teens, ages 16 and 17, were subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

In yet another incident, suspected gang members threatened women who were holding signs for a car wash to help pay funeral expenses for a woman who died after childbirth. One of the women happened to be wearing a red shirt.

In the recent convictions, the prosecutor said both defendants are documented Sureno gang members — who use blue as their gang's color of choice. Rival Nortenos wear red.

Both men now have a strike on their criminal record, meaning that if they are convicted of certain crimes in the future, the sentences can be increased. A third strike can send someone to prison for life.

Valencia had previously served a 16-month stint in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm and for vehicle theft, according to court records.

• 1 Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don't pretend you're someone else.)
  • 3 Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
  • 6 Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don't insult each other.
  • 7 Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.

• posted at 2:42 pm on Tue, Apr 13, 2010.

I laugh at some of the ignorant posts here. The Lodi PD is a joke compared to other cities the size of Lodi. Every city has gangs but its how law enforcement within that city handles the situation and conducts preventative measures to prevent the problem from growing by being proactive instead of reactive, spending money on teen centers and other outlets, investing in the young adults of Lodi instead of spending money on giving raises to the city counsel and spending hundreds of thousands of city money hiring some outside consultant to help monitor Lodi's growth and I can go on and on Lodi PD and its city counsel have no idea how to handle the situation, locking them up is one way but not the solution because you lock one up and 3-4 others are getting into the gang, why doesnt Tracy or Elk Grove (a little bigger than Lodi) or any other city here locally the size of Lodi not have a big issue with gangs like Lodi does? Real simple the mayor of Lodi and the city counsel are a joke, the city of Lodi does not invest in its youth like other cities do.

• posted at 10:35 am on Tue, Apr 13, 2010.

Lodi High kids wear red. Are they supposed to stop wearing their school colors?

• posted at 7:20 am on Tue, Apr 13, 2010.

Alot of ppl in the norteno gang are not Mexicans!!! some are white, and if your wearing a red belt, most likely ur a norteno, when have u seen any guy wearing a red belt if they aren't norteno. i agree with alot of ppl, throw them all in jail let them kill eachother in there. you shouldn't have to be afraid to wear whatever color you want just cuz ur afraid of getting shot. its stupid. what happend to lodi, it used to be a wonderful town, now its like los angeles.

• posted at 10:43 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

These punks shoot someone because they feel that they showed them disrespect.I am at a loss as to what respect they think have earned doing their illegal gang activities? These jerks don't even know the meaning of respect. They have NO respect for anyone except for themselves.I still say we should enact the old fashioned" stocks" and put their head and hands through the holes downtown Lodi for a couple of days making them dress in their rival gang colors. Embarassment will do a lot more good for these wannabe gangsters than jail.

• posted at 3:01 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

Giovanina- Nice comments. I think I will share an American taco with pre$$ure$on209 and my other homies? Make mine para llevar.

• posted at 1:25 pm on Fri, Apr 9, 2010.

re$$ure$on wrote on Apr 6, 2010 9:07 PM:" T$C, you are about as ignorant as yu are stupid and uninformed. The Nortenos have white Anglos, Pakistanis and African-American members, both soldiers and shot callers. You should be careful of what you say. You've already made a target of yourself with your racially motivated comments. I hope you're very Christian and pray a lot. Disrespecting gangs and their members is not a forgivable issue. Shut your mouth while you can do it on your own. Just a word to the wise. "I say we ALL disrespect them. I don't put up with bullies, no one should. Get them out. This is how you get rid of them. I think this pressure guy is a gang banger, they always use the money symbols.

• posted at 1:20 pm on Fri, Apr 9, 2010.

lubbu2 wrote on Apr 6, 2010 4:00 PM:" Yeah u said Mexican, and what can I do. Well all I gotta say is that of those who make remarks regarding race are RACIST! That means you! "This whole argument is ridiculous! Mexican is NOT a race. It is a nationalistic label, like American! American is NOT a race either! so get over it.

• posted at 6:57 am on Fri, Apr 9, 2010.

Well Edu I’ve had enough, at first it was kind of a joke for the late night comedians, well that day has come and gone.. They sneak in and set about free loading and basically sucking the system dry and these gang bangers are as dumb as they come. If they wave their guns around then the cops should take them out the hard way . Those links you posted says it all ,what a bunch of retards. About the only honest work they will ever haveIs punching out license plates at the Big house…

• posted at 3:24 am on Fri, Apr 9, 2010.

gator- Did you hear about the bleeding heart liberals along the US side of the border? They have set up 100 gallon watering stations and buckets to help the smugglers so they don't have to carry so much water through the desert; these anti-American sympathizers support these terrorists and drug smugglers sneaking acorss the border.As a response, some unsung American heroes put holes in the water drums or add salt to them so it can't be used for drinking. They need to fill the drums with rattlers!

• posted at 3:16 am on Fri, Apr 9, 2010.

In the last week or so, I noticed that am O.G. (Original Gangster usually over 40 years old) is back to his crippin' ways. He is proudly wearing his colors again. From a gangbanger to a pro-police anti-gangbanger and back. They just can't get "it" out of their blood. The gangster gene is part of them. Trying to rehabilitate one of these criminals is like trying to rehabilitate a child molester or homosexual. They are what they are and will NEVER change. Its all about identity. Lock them up and throw the key away THE VERY FIRST TIME.

• posted at 3:10 am on Fri, Apr 9, 2010.

Gator- You need to run for office! With a mission like propose, you will win with a landslide victory!---as long as illegals aren't prompted to vote by Obama's ACORN.

• posted at 1:09 pm on Thu, Apr 8, 2010.

I am glad Pressy did not tell anyone else in this Blog that the Gangs are coming after them!

• posted at 1:07 pm on Thu, Apr 8, 2010.

pre$$ure$on wrote on Apr 6, 2010 9:07 PM:" T$C, you are about as ignorant as yu are stupid and uninformed. The Nortenos have white Anglos, Pakistanis and African-American members, both soldiers and shot callers. You should be careful of what you say. You've already made a target of yourself with your racially motivated comments. I hope you're very Christian and pray a lot. Disrespecting gangs and their members is not a forgivable issue. Shut your mouth while you can do it on your own. Just a word to the wise.So what you are saying is that I am to be killed now?Since when do we give respect to Gang Members Pressy?

• posted at 9:16 am on Thu, Apr 8, 2010.

If ICE would do it’s job about 75% of the illegal’s would be kept where they belong… one on one no gun or knife they are gutless wonders.. The gangs are like snakes to killA snake you cut off the head.. When they are busted for a crime they should be put ona chain gang for 2 years and live in tents like down Arizona way and sheriff Joe Arpaio.We need to do away with anchor babies and absolutely no Government assistance, goback to your country of origin.. You come here legally no problem, sneak in and have your a** drug back across the border. The hell with the Fence plant land mines….Let’s see how long this stays up…

• posted at 7:26 am on Thu, Apr 8, 2010.

lubbu2- You never answered, so I'll ask you a question to try to get you to THINK! Since you embrace the liberal word "race and racist", please tell me what race is defined by being "Mexican"? I know many people that you would call "pinche gabacho". But, they are MEXICANS and proud of it! They are also educated, speak SPANISH and do not squat on the land of others. Guess what? They HATE their ex-pats who steal, squat, gang-bang and give REAL Mexicans a bad name. In Central and South America, the word "Mexican" is a pejorative. Are Argentines, Brazilians, and Chileans racist? Explain to me why they don't understand or like the "paracaidistas" who have sneaked into the USA? The only "race" many Mexican squatters belong to is "lazy low-life". There is nothing racial or Mexican about this definition. Explain why educated Mexicans are called pinche gabachos by these gang-banging squatters.

• posted at 5:25 am on Thu, Apr 8, 2010.

I worked most of my adult life inside Calif. prisons, and started at DVI back in the'70s, when it was known as the 'Gladiator School.' Having known both Nortenos and Surenos, one common trait runs true: they both are very prideful, disdain authority and have no respect for the law. The only thing gang members respect is power. Our society must put gang members away in prison for as long as possible--rehabilitation for gang members is so rare we can't afford it. It is cheaper to slam them away until they are old and burnt out--then they might be rehabilitated.

• posted at 5:12 am on Thu, Apr 8, 2010.

I don't care what color, race or however you want to label them, we have problems with the Mexican gangs here. You have problems with whatever gangs there. I’m not a racist or predigest. I say shoot them all. War needs to be declared on them as they are our domestic terrorists. Nothing more. They are the vermin of our society and need to be removed. PERIOD.

• posted at 2:11 pm on Wed, Apr 7, 2010.

My, My the intellectually challenged speaks!! You know pressie if you would stop looking out through your belly button you could see and hear better…Those figuresI posted are from the US Government gang Task force.. As for the brotherhood a fewremain But the white flight from California has reduced their popularity, even insand Point.. As for that segment of society that gets uppity about certain colors, youdon’t see that here, they tend to fly under the radar…As for Caldwell, no way, it’s to much like Lodi especially the East Side..

• posted at 8:07 am on Wed, Apr 7, 2010.

/applaud edumacation"LMAO If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and talks like duck ----IS IT A DUCK? Go ahead answer me!"That made me smile.Ohh ohh, along with the chain link fence along the railroad that will miraculously save everyone’s lives, we can do the same between the gang boundaries. Hmmm, I feel a need to watch Escape from New York again. I think they were on the right track.Seriously though... I still like the idea of labeling them Homeland Terrorists.

• posted at 5:44 am on Wed, Apr 7, 2010.

HAHAHA..T&C If I wore RED or BLUE T-shirt in MEXICO I would be beaten, shot or worse. We have rights in America, that others want to take away! "......NO you wouldn't. If you were in Mexico I assure you nobody would kill you for wearing Blue or Red.....And you are one racist!!!!!

• posted at 5:16 am on Wed, Apr 7, 2010.

lubbu2 wrote on Apr 6, 2010 12:07 PM:" T & C- so why does this always gotta be about race?? Yeah they did the crime now they do the time. Why you gotta be so racist?If the article had NOT identified them as Gang Members and hispanic names and I would have commented... "I bet they were Mexicans"; now that would have been RACIST!Do you see the difference lubbu2?We all know they were hispanic gang members so why are your feathers so ruffled?

• posted at 5:13 am on Wed, Apr 7, 2010.

I have begun seeing mexican teens in groups wearing (Brand NEw White T-shirts no logos of red or blue!I can't wait for someone here to say they were not part of a gang.I saw these "PUNKS" verbally threatening another group of Mexican teens 50 feet apart, screaming and being threatening, but no fight, no shootings. Police need to do more "Gang Sweeps".

• posted at 5:10 am on Wed, Apr 7, 2010.

lubbu2 wrote on Apr 6, 2010 1:42 PM:" T & c But the fact that you stated "we live in America not Mexico", now that's where you threw me off.I know were in America and its a free country but,What does Mexico have to do with this? Is it because those accused are Latinos? Well it doesn't matter what race they are right, they have to pay the crime!!! "Rather then go on and Rant & rave back and forth with you lubbu2; I will conserve your time and my time and ask just one, easy to answer question, okay?Are the 2 PRIMARY gangs of California (Lodi) included who wear "Red Or Blue" "MEXICAN Gangs"?Just after I moved to Lodi 6 years ago some "Punk" walked up to me and he asked me "What I was Claiming". I had no clue what he was talking about. I should have said "Get out of my face before I beat your A$$!" If I wore RED or BLUE T-shirt in MEXICO I would be beaten, shot or worse. We have rights in America, that others want to take away!

• posted at 7:15 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

pre$$ure$on- Gator doesn't live in Nampa. Gator lives in varrio Caldwell, north of Nampa---in the Ritzi area. The Lomo Locas Westside Grlz run security for the town. ? Quein Es Mas Macho pobrecito?

• posted at 6:36 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

dmg @ 5:05pm wrote "But the 'red' gang population consists of about 70% white american people now."dmg: Where do you get your stats on the gangs?

• posted at 4:47 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

again, lodi is full of couch cushion quarter backs. we know how to enforce laws better than police, and or judges in this story. in other stories, we know how to do the work of city council members or officials from higher levels of government. truth is lodi is so segregated that many of us will never get a real good read on how to combat this gang problem. the "lock'em up forever" method is an alternative unenforceable as we are currently releasing inmates due to budget issues within the corrections dept, we dont have the means to accomdate such population increases in our facilities. the "ship em all out" alternative never works, because if the event deportation made sense #1 theres too many in place thatll step up to take there place, or #2 the "shipped out" will "ship right back in".

• posted at 4:18 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Edumacation, it's called plea bargaining. You know, like the wall street crooks used to get a couple of years for fleecing hundreds of millions of dollars. And Gator, get out of your dream world. The Boise Nampa area is filled with white aryans and suprecemacists and poor whites, of which there are many in Boise Nampa, that belong to the Hispanic gangs. I showed you those newspaper mugshots of the arrests of suspected gang members in your newspaper and two of every three were white Anglos.

• posted at 4:07 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

• posted at 2:06 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

The Reds are 70% White, ROTFLMAO!!! The Gang population is around 49% Mexicanwith a large amount of those of the illegal persuasion… Blacks, Asians Etc make up the rest. As Far as the whites go there are Russian, Ukrainian and a few other Eastern European’s. The Bikers don’t count as with the Russians they don’t go around shooting up the Hood Like the macho folks of color do. Color doesn’t matter as any or all are stupid beyond the pale, in life they have 2 choices Prison or Dead or both. Comes rightdown to it, a fitting end to the idiots..

• posted at 1:38 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

glassparguy- I found that several local gangbangers show off on the net.http://tinyurl.com/yzc5c43 News itemhttp://tinyurl.com/ykb4ymshttp://tinyurl.com/yhug6b6http://tinyurl.com/ygm2rg3

• posted at 12:57 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Deblaw, isn't "mature" and "gangster" an oxymoron?

• posted at 12:15 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

BTW the "barrio SCL" and "209" as well as the ubiquitous XIII and XIV are identifiers of CRIMINAL gang members. you won't find many of them as registered Republicans. LMAO

• posted at 12:12 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

dmg- I agree with you also. If you have any other fools playing "Vato" ---give them the death penalty as well.I have seen the sad attempts by non- people of color to pretend that they are NOT gringos, gabachos or honkies. I say bag them and tag them like the rest of the rappers---I mean gangbangers.Maybe we need to bring back electrocution? We need some deterrent to force these miscreants to obey the law.

• posted at 12:06 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

DeadEndJob- I think I can answer your question? Any person who is NOT OF COLOR will rarely have a problem in el barrio SCL which you described.As I see it, the LPD leaves them alone because there is sort of an "urban ethnic cleansing" going on between the Scraps (Sureno's) and the Busters (Norteno's). These gangs know that as soon as a Gabacho (so-called white person is killed as an innocent bystander ---the police will come in with guns blazing.This is gang-think and gang-speak, but there is a reality to it.I just wish there were ZERO tolerance for these misfits. A death penalty on the first offense might deter these MORONS. But the LPD may have a point? Let the scraps, busters and cholos and homies kill themselves off first. They can then pick up the human scum that is left. No penalty is painful enough for these animals (gangbangers)!

• posted at 12:04 pm on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

I usually don't write but it angers me when I read people saying things that aren't exactly true. While I agree with all that is being said about the Mexicans out gangbanging, there is another side to this. The 'blue' members are dwindling out, mainly because when they get in trouble they are deported and for the most part have some sort of difficulty returning quickly. But the 'red' gang population consists of about 70% white american people now. With that being said, these guys get in trouble, get out the next day, and are worse than before. We need to be as strict with the white american gangsters as with the mexicans. Get them all off of the streets.

• posted at 11:54 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

lubbu2- Actually Mr. Valencia should be given a choice of hangimg by rope OR by rifle---but ALL rifles should have a live round. What do you think? I said nothing about race, since it DOES NOT EXIST in humans. The word "race" in humans, was a legal definition invented by liberals. What race is Tiger Woods? See, I told you. There may be different ethnic identities or cultures, but the word "race" is a political term.I really want to hear your answer, especially because I have an incipient feeling (look it up in a diccionario) that you may be having a reaction formation to your own perceived cultural identity?LMAO If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and talks like duck ----IS IT A DUCK? Go ahead answer me!

• posted at 11:46 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Have any of you driven down Central Ave. in Lodi. Between Kettleman Ln. and Lodi Ave. lately? I did just on Saturday. Trying to take a short cut through town.You will find the Norteneos hanging out right across the street from the little market. There are lookout people standing around and a lot of people wearing red on that one corner. I was scared just driving down that street. Thank goodness I dont have any business in that area.I have to say this is Most Definately about race. There were NO white people wearing red on that block. Only Mexicans. Do you know of any white gangs in this town?

• posted at 11:43 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

lubbu2- --Please give me YOUR opinion about this---read the question to Layla of the LNS. By the Way ADW= Assault With a Deadly Weapon. My own feelings--- Mr. Valenica should get NO MERCY- Only the death penalty will protect others from his DEMONSTRATED CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR.HE PLEADED GUILTY- I want him to get the needle! I am tired of these PUNKS who terrorize or women and children.He is nothing but what he is...A SCRAP!"...A third strike can send someone to prison for life----Valencia had previouslly served a 16 month stint in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm and for vehicle theft, according to court records.Please explain. As I see it vehicle theft=1 strike, felon with gun=strike 2 and ADW = strike 3. Why isn't this dirtbag getting life? "

• posted at 11:24 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Layla--"...A third strike can send someone to prison for life----Valencia had previouslly served a 16 month stint in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm and for vehicle theft, according to court records.Please explain. As I see it vehicle theft=1 strike, felon with gun=strike 2 and ADW = strike 3. Why isn't this dirtbag getting life?

• posted at 11:00 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

• posted at 10:23 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

I still prefer my idea of being able to buy deer tags.. err um banger tags. See one, drop him! Hey, rent out a space downtown and sell tags. It's good for tax revenue, increase school score thus more money for our schools(my bet is they are on the bottom half of the curve), safer and cleaner neighborhoods, less scum to be rolemodels for the youngsters. Heck, more jobs would be created! Oh ya, along with red and blue, the groups of mexican boys (and yes, I said mexican lubbu2) wearing only white Tshirts, knee high socks, below the knee khaki shorts, and shaved heads hanging on the eastside are fair game! One can only dream...

• posted at 9:33 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

OOPS, I MEANT.........ENGLISH :)

• posted at 9:32 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

I WONDER HOW MANY OF THESE MEXICAN GANG MEMBERS ARE ILLEGALS......AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND SEND THESE CRIMINALS BACK TO MEXICO AND WE NEED TO TAKE CALIFORNIA BACK......AND FOR THOSE IDIOTS WHO WERE BORN HERE AND SPEAK ENLISH AND ARE IN A GANG NOW........GET A LIFE!!! OR HELL IS WAITING FOR YOU!!

• posted at 8:42 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

T & c I understand what the gang colors are blue, and red. I totally agree I'm not going to stop wearing red or wearing blue just because some idiot doesn't like it. But the fact that you stated "we live in America not Mexico", now that's where you threw me off.I know were in America and its a free country but,What does Mexico have to do with this? Is it because those accused are Latinos? Well it doesn't matter what race they are right, they have to pay the crime!!!

• posted at 8:36 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

I AM using my head!!! A person that makes remarks regarding certain races is racist. I'm not a person who's going to protect mexican's because of crimes that they commit. It there guilty punish them, they have to be punished for what they do. I am totally for that, but c'mon don't make racist remarks just because there mexican or have a latino name. Thats all I have to say;)

• posted at 8:13 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Lubbu,,how is this racist?USE YOUR HEAD!

• posted at 7:41 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

lubbu2 the other MEXICAN Gang in Lodi is Sureños. They wear BLUE."I refuse to stop wearing Red or Blue T-shirts"! Fight back Lidians.If you see SUSPICIOUS gang activity call: the Non-Emergency LPD Phone line at: 333 6727.Don't let yourself or other innocent people become a victim.If Red & blue gang bangers are fighting.... I will happily wait 20 minutes before calling LPD. This will hopefully "Thin out the gang population.

• posted at 7:36 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

PAL wrote on Apr 6, 2010 12:11 PM:" Here is my idea to help curb the gang population:1) on friday night we all wear Red. This will bring out all the Surenos to fight us.2) On Saturday night we all wear Blue.This will bring out all the Nortenos to fight us3) the cops have to be standing by for the call regarding gang activity and be ready to arrest everyone wearing the opposite color.Waalaa, no more gang members in Lodi.LOL- ok, if you have a better idea lets hear it. "I think you are onto something PAL.

• posted at 7:35 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

lubbu2 wrote on Apr 6, 2010 12:07 PM:" T & C- so why does this always gotta be about race?? Yeah they did the crime now they do the time. Why you gotta be so racist?? "I quote:"Two Lodi gang members are now serving prison sentences for attacking two brothers because one happened to be wearing a red belt, the color of their rival gang."The most common type of gang members he sees are Norteos, a Northern California gang, whose members often wear red.Please show some common sense in this blog.Norteos is a MEXICAN gang, not a white, asian, or black gang!I hate explaining such simple things to you lubbu2!What I stated was NOT Racist, "It was and IS a FACT!"

• posted at 7:19 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Ridiculous that we can't wear the colors of the flag. This is the great USA. Red, white and blue. The code book at my child's school about dress attire was 4 pages long. No solid red or blue. They can't even wear their favorite sports jersey's. This makes me sick to my stomach! Oh and by the way, no red or blue shoes? WTF.........

• posted at 7:11 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

• posted at 7:07 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

• posted at 6:59 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Knuckle-dragging, low-forehead Cretins.Should be on display in the zoo as the "Missing Link", living proof that certain tribes of the Homo Sapian line had sex with buffalos.

• posted at 4:54 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

wow big sentence...with all the release's of low life's from prison now they will be out soon enough. great send them to compton.......lol the justice will be much sweeter.

• posted at 4:52 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Can't wear red Lodi Flames or Galt Warriors shirts anymore?Gotta revise that popular line of a song: I believe the stupid children are our future.

• posted at 4:08 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

I "Refuse to STOP wearing a RED or BLUE T-shirt if I want to! I live in America, not Mexico!

• posted at 3:32 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

tosh conn...it was funny the first time...its lame now!!...and these gentle children are getting 7 years between the two?...wtf...my little 2 year old has a red sweater..do I need to get rid of it? how about my flag..it has red stripes? my red car?...oh they're just silly kids defending themselves on these rough streets of LovableLodi..

• posted at 2:36 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Carlos.. Yep, these boys are just kids, the older and more mature gangsters don't fool around with innocent people wearing colors. Putting the young ones in prison just adds to their portfolio, they want to go to prison in order to gain more respect in the gang they belong to.. Sad but true..

• posted at 2:23 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

5 years and 2 years? That's all? When they get out they are going to be even worse.

• posted at 1:53 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

Can't we just gather up all these gang bangers throw them all in a field with a couple of knives and tell them last man standing wins and is the baddest. Jeesh I'm thinking nobody would miss them except there mommies, and maybe they won't even miss them.

• posted at 1:52 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

...yust dem crazy sveedish kids agin' tryin' to have a liddle fun.

• posted at 1:21 am on Tue, Apr 6, 2010.

As someone who only supports the death penalty in extreme circumstances, can't we just fry these guys and get it over with?