The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi Public Library Board
- Discuss and approve mission statement, aspirations, goals and employee expectations.
- Review and discuss interim library director goals and the role and function of the library.
- Discuss library director recruitment.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., Lodi Public Library, 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
Greater Lodi Area
Key item: Discuss the Lodi City Council update on March 20 and Gingham on April 6.
When and where: 6 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeves
Key item: Receive the mid-year budget for fiscal year 2012, which started on July 1.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County
Board of Supervisors
- Recommendations regarding governance at the county-owned San Joaquin General Hospital, including conversion of an interim board of trustees to a permanent 11-member governing board with greater autonomy.
- Appeal of county Planning Commission approval of Viaggio Winery for a large agricultural store with a deli at the southwest corner of Taddei and Bender roads in Acampo. Appeal filed by San Joaquin Farm Bureau Federation. (1:30 p.m. calendar.)
- Appeal by Flying J over Planning Commission approval of a truck stop on Thornton Road, just north of Highway 12 in Flag City. Project calls for 16 pumps and 24 fueling positions, 7,700-square-foot convenience store and a fast-food restaurant. (1:30 p.m. calendar.)
- California Department of Transportation’s presentation on the Highway 99 widening project from south Stockton to Manteca.
- Recognition of county Public Works employees Don Stockall and Lyle Stugelmeyer for aiding a family during a Manteca house fire.
- Appointments to the Lodi Community Center Advisory Board, Thornton Community Center Advisory Board, Thornton Municipal Advisory Council and Economic Development Association.
- Closed session to consider a new county administrator to replace Manuel Lopez, who will retire this year.
When and where: 9 a.m., county administration center, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi Improvement Committee
Key item: Discuss topics for upcoming meetings and follow up on issues from previous meetings.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union High School District Board of Trustees
Key item: Adopt re-openers to both the classified and certificated employee union contracts.
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Galt City Hall, city council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Morada Municipal Advisory Council
Key item: Discuss the postponement of a community meeting regarding Highway 99 overpass widenings across Morada Lane and Eight Mile Road. The meeting will be held on March 7.
When and where: 7 p.m., Waterloo-Morada fire station, 6925 E. Foppiano Lane at Ashley Lane, Morada.
Special Lodi Arts Commission
Key item: Discuss mini grant submissions, a Sacramento Street improvement project and a storefront window art project, and set a date and theme for the city council presentation dinner.
When and where: 1 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi Site Plan and Architectural Review Committee
The regularly scheduled meeting is canceled.
Lodi Planning Commission
- Consider a use permit to grant a wine and beer Alcohol and Beverage Control license to Jaime Watts to operate a restaurant and bar where beer, wine, coffee, desserts and other food prepared by local restaurants will be sold.
- Consider a use permit for a wine and beer Alcohol and Beverage Control license to rent a small section of the office space in the Visit Lodi! Conference and Visitors Bureau.
- Request for a tentative parcel map to divide one parcel into four lots at 2540 Legacy Way.
- Request the commission review for consistency with the General Plan related to the proposed abandonment of a portion of an existing easement on private property located at 2223 W. Kettleman Lane.
When and where: 7 p.m., Wednesday, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Parks and Recreation Commission
- Hear a report on the Walker Park artificial turf wear and tear.
- Receive updates on the Independence Day Celebration and the non-profit facility rental fees.
- Make a presentation to Councilwoman Barbara Payne.
When and where: 7 p.m., Galt City Hall, city council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Galt Planning Commission
The regularly scheduled meeting is canceled.